Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » 13 Line Challenge - FEAR - Entries (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 13 Line Challenge - FEAR - Entries
wirelesslibrarian
Member # 9513

- posted      Profile for wirelesslibrarian   Email wirelesslibrarian         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Philocinemas, and many thanks to Axe for managing this challenge. I really enjoyed reading every entry. Oh, my second entry was #13, Initiation. When's the next go-round?
Posts: 108 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the winners, at least I got two-one of those being a HM- in mine.

I knew mine wasn't going to go very far. I had to cut too much from what I original wrote to get it to 13 lines. And after it was posted I realized I should have redone the first two sentences, they were left overs from the original.

The original idea was for us to scare the reader as I understand it. Didn't think I could do that but as I wrote it I saw that maybe I could but obviously I failed. I wanted readers to feel what the mother was feeling but...

[ November 11, 2011, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I wouldn't mind another 13 line challenge but next month.

And I have an idea for a challenge for a full story with a certain theme and/or premise. if I did do it I might borrow Axe's idea of something special for the one that gets his story published first. That's an interesting idea.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to run a holiday themed 13 line trigger starting on Dec 5.

The trigger would be more than one word. Those are harder I think - no matter what the word is.

I'm also thinking of the reward being multiple choice, with the winner choosing one of the following:

Paid critique from On The Premises if their story doesn't place. (Of course, you'd have to enter first.)
IGMS subscription
Small gift basket from Wine Country. ($20 basket.)

The last isn't a writer thing, it's frivolous, but I realize not all of us are looking to make writing a career, so there should be an option in there that's just fun.

What do you all think?

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I would go for it depending on the words are. [Smile]
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Just got to check hatrack again after a crazy week... so excited to come in third!!! Congrats to philocinemas and Wirelesslibrarian. I think all the entries were great. Thanks to axe for putting it all together. [Smile]
Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.