Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » My inspiration

Author Topic: My inspiration
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to give some of the people here who know me a little treat.

A while ago, I had posted that my wife had miscarried (for the fourth time) and I was having trouble writing after having been emotionally destroyed by this event. (Outlined here: http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum1/HTML/003508.html)

Well, the writing is still only so-so since then, but something else has happened since then as well.

We decided to try again, and she did indeed become pregnant.

After a shaky pregnancy, and many emotional ups and downs, on March 3rd, 2008, she underwent a c-section (5 weeks early) and gave me my son, Jakob Dylan Normand. At birth he was only 28 cm, and 2.338 kg's.

Well, he's a bit older now, and I'd like to share a pic with you guys.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1012/n5953403423646134908ep2.jpg

If that doesn't work, PM me and if you'd like, I'll send you the pic.

Needless to say, I've found some new inspiration for my writing.

[This message has been edited by rcorporon (edited August 08, 2008).]

Note from Kathleen: the link to your topic didn't work because of a stray ) which I removed.

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited August 09, 2008).]

Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! It is amazing how they give us the ability to dream again isnt it?
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! (And to the wife, too) Isn't he cunning?
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! What a beauty. I am glad you're through those particular ups and downs now (a whole new set of them are in store as you probably know, LOL)

This parenting thing is fun.

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, rcorporon. That is such great news!
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations...you named your kid after Bob Dylan's kid?
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to everybody for your kind words.

As for his name, we chose Jakob because we liked it, Dylan is my brother's name, and Normand is my wife's father's name.

I personally can't stand Bob Dylan, and hadn't noticed the similarity in the name .

Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you both!
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
They say that Paul Revere of 1960's group Paul Revere and the Raiders came by his name honestly, being named by parents who either didn't know...or didn't care.

If he chooses to put his name about when he reaches school age, I'm sure his classmates will let him know...

(I don't use my middle name, partly because my first-and-middle names make up the name of an SF writer. (Not Heinlein, mercifully, but a minor one active in the 1960s and 1970s.) I came by mine honestly, too---it's a family name.)

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.