Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Is it Just Me?

Author Topic: Is it Just Me?
tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
Deleted

[This message has been edited by tnwilz (edited September 19, 2008).]

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devnal
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Devnal   Email Devnal         Edit/Delete Post 
are you talking about while driving? 'Cause my "better half" is the same. Not so much hollering about crashing, but how I should drive, its like passenger road rage.. whats up with that? why can't they just sit back, relax and enjoy the darn ride? Lemme get us there my way, when you drive, your way..
Posts: 303 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
In my experience, the worst drivers are the most likely to stress about another person's driving skills.

If you drive often enough with your spouse in the car, (s)he will learn to relax.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a solution, blindfold.

Next time you two get in the car, when you get behind the wheel, pullout the blindfold and say, "One of us is going too wear this. Now who's it going to be, me or you?"

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey now, do you _know_ how many accidents I've prevented my hubby from making? Sheesh, you guys are so unappreciative!
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to constantly tell my husband where to go or else he gets lost. I know he gets places without me in the car but then he's usually not distracted by talking or listening to me. He's mentioned it and so I stopped telling him where to go, only then I end up saying, umm, I think that's the exit you wanted, as we drive past. So I went back to playing navigator and he doesn't complain anymore, unless I don't tell him to turn. Then he says why didn't you tell me to turn when he passes the street.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't drive with certain relations in the passenger seat---I've nearly had accidents because of their presence and comments.

Driving with them in the driver's seat is no picnic...on a long trip, I wind up with a sore foot from stomping on an imaginary brake.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.