Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » What I Had To Do Today Besides Writing

Author Topic: What I Had To Do Today Besides Writing
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
In order to keep my life relatively orderly, I make lists of things to do every so often. Today, the first of the year, I had several things come due at once. I:

---reset most of my watches and clocks
---replaced the air conditioner filter
---replaced the baking soda boxes in my refrigerator
---cleaned out the old containers in my refrigerator
---cleaned out (with bleach) the juice bottles I take to work
---washed the inside of my microwave
---emptied the crumbs from my toaster
---washed the sink with the abovementioned old baking soda boxes
---washed out all the tubs and sinks and toilets
---added rinse agent to my dishwasher
---replaced sponges, a toothbrush, and the earplugs I use at work
---cleaned the inside of my car windows (with rubbing alcohol)
---rotated my mattress
---and some miscellaneous stuff too picayune to mention here.

I didn't get to a couple of things:

---emptying my wastebasket, which is waiting on a new shredder
---washing my floors, because the scrubber I use for it rotted away since the last time.

You guys got anything you remember to do on the first of the year, or the first of whatever?

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've been packing up Christmas decorations and our artificial tree. I also cleaned our ceiling fans. I am taking a break and then vacuuming and shampooing the carpet later. It's going to be real fun day!
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the Rose Parade, of course. And started taking down the Christmas tree. I'll finish that up during the Game--that would be the Rose Bowl, of course.

Hopefully, I'll get at least a little work done on my ongoing revision of the first half of what is now Book Two in the series. (Used to be Books Two and Three).

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.