Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » In Good Company

Author Topic: In Good Company
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Today, January 2nd, is the official birthday of Isaac Asimov. He was born in 1920, but he was never sure of the accuracy of the actual date because of poor record-keeping in the Russian village where he was born.

Tomorrow, January 3rd, is the birthday of J.R.R. Tolkien, who was born in 1892.

Spirit landed on Mars on January 3, 2004.

I landed on Earth (was born) on January 3, 1968. I arrived 76 years after Tolkien, 48 years after Asimov, and 32 years before Spirit. I am officially going down hill now (41), but I guess I am in good company.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow, philocinemas. Remember, life begins as 40, or so they say.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!! I guess I am in good company...my birthday is today also..JAn 2nd..54 years old and happy birthday issac JRR and philocinemas!!
Posts: 690 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Then happy birthday to you today, honu.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
My birthday is right around the corner... January 7th. I'll be (ahem!) 57.

Actually 41 might not be over-the-hill. I read somewhere that by the middle of this century the average human life span will be 100 years. If that's the case, I still have a loooooonnnnngggg way to go. How does 50 sound for being middle aged ?

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, there seem to be quite a few of us. Mine's the fifth. And I'll be 54.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Happy birthday, honu, Crystal, and Meredith. We've quite a writerly club going on here.

And thanks for the birthday wishes, KDW and honu.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday right back at you! Here's to a productive year.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday you crazy January people.

I am in pretty good company too. I was born the same day Julius Ceasar was. No wise cracks. I am not 2108 years old.

Julius Ceasar. You have to be a pretty popular guy when you are born in a month named after you. A history discussion for another time.

[This message has been edited by Patrick James (edited January 03, 2009).]

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday everyone. My sister's birthday is January 2nd, though she is quite a bit younger than you all. She turned 15.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday to all the January folks!

Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.