Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Mega-Shark vs. Giant Octopus (Spoiler Alert-Haha)

Author Topic: Mega-Shark vs. Giant Octopus (Spoiler Alert-Haha)
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched Mega-Shark vs. Giant Octopus and it was hilarious. Definitely the best worst movie I've ever seen.

It stars former pop idol 'Deborah' Gibson and Lorenzo Lamas.

At one point, the Mega-Shark leaps out of the water and grabs a passenger jet out of mid-air. Later, it takes a giant bite out of the Golden Gate Bridge. Not to be outdone, the Giant Octopus destroys an oil drilling rig and knocks a fighter jet out of the sky.

The acting is bad, the writing is bad the 'special effects' are bad and I still highly recommend this movie. I guarantee there will be scenes you will want to watch again and again and you will laugh every time.

Make sure you watch this one with friends so you can sit around doing your own Mystery Science Theater 3000. You won't regret it.

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Got to admit I've never heard of it.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
You can check out the trailer on YouTube.

If I copied it right try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o

Or just put Mega Shark in the search box. You'll find it.

I've also been told that it's running on the Sci-fi Network.

[This message has been edited by genevive42 (edited August 31, 2009).]

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Trovato
Member # 7804

- posted      Profile for Ben Trovato   Email Ben Trovato         Edit/Delete Post 
Mega-Shark vs. Giant Octopus. Yes, that's definitely the mark of an underestimated masterpiece.
Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know Max Magican and the Legend of the Rings is pretty good/bad. It takes about twenty minutes before you realize it was made by a ten year old. There is a scene where the background is an old ratty blanket and it falls down.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone actually watched this?

I started to, sorry, b-rated monster shark or snake or anything mutated for that matter make fun movies. Bad acting even better. And the renegade-star and pop-star, priceless. I must confess I flipped to it during commercials of another show I was watching. The special effects are always fun in movies like these. My favorite to date, special effect wise would be a mega shark, or shark attack,#3 think. Megladon or somethign like that. The shark came up and swallowed the boat whole, it looked like they flushed a toy boat down a toilet and then by computer graphics changed the toilet seat to the sharks mouth. It was great.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.