Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Anyone play World of Warcraft?

Author Topic: Anyone play World of Warcraft?
RillSoji
Member # 1920

- posted      Profile for RillSoji   Email RillSoji         Edit/Delete Post 
There's some Short Story contests you might be interested in:
http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum13/HTML/000174.html

Posts: 125 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
All I know of WOW is what I absorbed on South Park. Funny episode.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Never got the videogame bug, so it's not for me. You younger guys, you might try it, if you're into it.

(You've heard me speak of my Internet Fan Fiction---if there had been a legitimate way to get it published, I would've gone that route. This could be a way for that.)

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah World of Warcrack, the source of more failed tests and failed marriages than anything else I've witnessed.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RillSoji
Member # 1920

How's that PD?
Posts: 125 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
I've known a lot of people who spent all day playing that cursed game (and by all day I mean wire to wire, 0--24.) This of course had an adverse effect on their spouses/homework, both of which have a tendency to go away if you ignore them completely.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RillSoji
Member # 1920

Dang. I've heard stories but never had personal experiences with that level of addiction. Granted, I do play a lot myself but I'm a somewhat unique case. My husband and I met through an online game so we play them together ever since. It's our connector. It's also part of my job. I write guides and articles for the game part-time. So my play time is divided, at least in my mind, from when I'm actually playing as recreation/hobby and when I'm online for work reasons.

I can quit any time I want! *chortle*

shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
So you're the dealer then.

I second Pyre. I stay away so I won't get hooked.

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
I highly recommended googling and watching "The Guild". While it doesn't bash WoW in particular, it does target MMORPGs as a whole, to very amusing results. If nothing else, it's one of those shows that make you grateful you're not one of the characters.
Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RillSoji
Member # 1920

I love the Guild! Hilarious stuff. Their music video (Youtube "Do you wanna date my avatar") had me rolling!
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
AH, alas I retired my level 80 NE Hunter (Slingbow-Kael'Thas Realm) last year when I realized I couldnt write and play. That game is insanely addicting and I still feel it pulling at me from time to time.
Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.