Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Acting stuff

Author Topic: Acting stuff
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
I havent been on here as much as I would like recently. Why? My secondary hobby of acting has kept me a bit busy. I have a recurring role as a uniformed police officer (no lines yet) on ABC's Detroit 187 which airs tuesdays at 10pm. The pilot wasnt that good but the 2nd episode and beyond is much better. I was a SWAT member in episode 2.

Also, my movie CONVICTION starring Hilary Swank and Sam Rockwell premieres October 15th. Here is a recent link about it. I am the arresting officer in the promo pic to the far left. Snapper and other locals are invited to join us at the Birmingham, MI cinema for the premiere.

http://content.foxsearchlight.com/inside/node/4558

I am refocusing no my writing now and hope to have three chapters of my novel complete when I head to Utah in November for David Farlands Death Camp.

I hesitate to jump into this quarters WOTF group because I was only able to crit one story last quarter and didnt send my own out. I still plan on submitting but want to be fair to the group. Anyway, hope to see you guys around more.

Donavan Darius

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. Have you done any other movies Donavan?

Posts: 789 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
So long as you're keeping busy...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, an actor and a writer. Congratulations! Please let us know when you make it big and you need fresh talent for any of your movies.
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could be there but work has me away. I could if you relocate the premier to Chicago. It would mean a lot to me if you did.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, I've had background roles in several movies and tv shows(WHIP IT, HUNG, CEDAR RAPIDS, YOU DONT KNOW JACK,THE ISLAND)but CONVICTION and DETROIT 187 are my first featured roles.
Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.