Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » My name is . . .

Author Topic: My name is . . .
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm a book addict.

Eep.

I'm gradually taking care of some overdue housework. As I go around, I'm also inventorying the books. Eventually, I'd like to do something radical, like putting like books togehter so, I don't know, I might actually be able to find something.

I'm probably a bit over half-way through and I'm up to 367 books.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I had well over two thousand paperback SF / fantasy books before I stopped counting---and they were the only ones I ever counted and indexed.

Now I've got piles of books all over the house. Maybe as many as ten thousand altogether. I try to keep 'em grouped---the SF and such in my so-called library, political books mostly in my bedroom, general non-fiction and biography in my living room...then some groupings within the groupings...but it's all a hopeless mess and I have to hunt around to find anything.

One day you'll read my story in the newspaper or online---Man Crushed to Death By Book Collection.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.

I have a ton of books. One reason why I bought a NOOK, but I still buy more paper books than e-books.

I would like to get rid of a few books and one of these days I will place a few on Craigslist.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Regrettably, I read much less than I used to. I don't understand why since I don't watch television at all and don't play computer games as much as I used to. I'm trying really hard to fix that.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.