Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Lumeton - YunWen

Author Topic: Lumeton - YunWen
valjean03
Member # 7890

- posted      Profile for valjean03   Email valjean03         Edit/Delete Post 
My Name is YunWen. Yes, please run away from me.

a while back, a wizard, known only as Quintiacia attacked me in this town called Lumeton. For those who don't know, Lumeton is a sealed part of the magical world, where the Council of Magic has banned anyone from going in or coming out of the world. It's a small, mystical island, where unnatural occurrences are present. For instance, here in Lumeton, the Sun and Moon has no pattern. The sun could rise for one hour, race across the sky and set within the next hour. When the sun started acting strangely, the sun stayed for fifteen straight days, causing the Great Drought of Lumeton. And trust me, stranger things have happened to me in Lumeton.

The strangest thing to happen in Lumeton has to deal with me, as much to my dismay. When I was five years old, a strange wizard came to visit me at school. I was outside playing with a few of my dolls, when he came to me. He didn't say anything to me, but ordered a small snake to bite me on the playground. Yes, it hurt. I had to be hospitalized for a number of months, falling into a coma, and then unable to speak for the longest time. But it's been years since I... er... recovered. Recovery is a tricky thing

See, after the incident, everybody looked at me different, as if I got the case of the koodies or something. I didn't think about it for a long time. I thought time would heal my reputation as an ordinary citizen, though strange things would happen to me. In class, during Magic Spell class or any class dealing with magic, I seemed to have a natural tendency to learn all spells within a matter of seconds, which by the town's standards is unusual. It normally takes five days to learn a magic spell. These skills are far more advanced than even some of the most seasoned citizens in the town.

I have insane memory, where I can memorize an entire book in a minute, or the ability to repeal any magic spells directed at me without even trying. I can use magic without a wand also - a talent that only a few adults in Lumeton can produce. For a girl who is still in school, people say that I know more magic than most of the grandparents in Lumeton, and many have attributed it to the incident. But I don't bother contrasting myself with them - I already know my magic is better than anyone in Lumeton (Yeah, I'm self-centered too)

Because of this I am an outcast. Some people have speculated that I obtained black magic from the incident. But don't get me wrong, I can do a lot of good with this new magic. The problem is, however is that I am impatient, and do not have the patience to figure out what magic skills I have and which ones I don't. I don't even have the patience to compare my magic with the forbidden magic spells due to the town constitution. If I ever get caught using those spells, I could easily be thrown into jail, however, I do not worry too much about that, as I know more magic than most people in this town anyways...
(more later, just a rough draft.

[This message has been edited by valjean03 (edited September 01, 2008).]

Posts: 34 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
How old are you? Are you a boy or a girl? I'm a little confused. You live in Lumeton, right? That's your home town? How is it sealed? Have you ever been to the border? How do you know what the rest of the world is like?

What do you plan to do with all this magic? How do you work it? It seems like you might be able to prevent, or at least cope with some of the drought.

How do you know what the wizard's name is? Any idea why he did what he did? Any idea why the town has such crazy magic?

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

- posted      Profile for Reagansgame   Email Reagansgame         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi YunWen!
I'm ReagansGame's friend, Emily Whitmore. Look, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret that my mom used to tell me back in fourth grade -- the other kids pick on you because they're jealous! You're smart! Don't let those other posers bring you down.

Besides, you have a major advantage with the photographic memory in a magic school. C'mon, talk. How much fun do you have walking around with an encylopedia of magic spells in your brain? Have you ever, you know, given the really stuck up popular girl a zit or something? What is the scariest spell you know? If I could do what you can do, I'd magic myself into a size zero express jean back in the day. Do you ever use magic for personal gain? I've seen on Charmed how that is a big no-no, but that's just TV, you gotta tell me what really happens if you use your magic for personal game. Because if nothing bad happens, I'll be your new best friend and we'll go magic ourselves some winning lottery tickets!

Ah, crap, I gotta go sling some drinks... Hey, do you have to get a real job if you know all that magic?

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.