Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Jean

Author Topic: Jean
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Jean Primm, I was . . . am the daughter of the greatest doctor who ever lived. Out of jealousy his superiors exiled him to a town on the edge of the desert. Across the desert lives the orcs, they attacked often, bringing that foul disease with them. The Dwarfs knew how to stop it, and sold us medicine. But the medicine had to be transported through the land of the orcs.
As we went to receive the medicine in the desert, my father was betrayed and the package contained the disease instead of its cure. He died before he could discover what the dwarfs knew. And I burned down the only home I ever knew to prevent the disease spreading from him.
I crossed Orcland to find the dwarfs myself, but they were gone, wiped off the face of the earth by a force greater than disease. I now must find the cure to this disease or all my people will be destroyed.

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

- posted      Profile for Pyraxis   Email Pyraxis         Edit/Delete Post 
Fiona here. I don't get it. If you burned down your house to wipe out all traces of the disease, how come it's spreading across the world and your people now? And if the orcs are wiped off the land by something else, and they're where the disease came from, why's it a danger now?
Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you think of your father? Do you think he was a great man?

Do you think you're likely to find the cure? Do you think you're smart enough to, or that you have inherited your father's brilliance?

Who betrayed your father?

Do you have any friends? it sounds like you're pretty isolated out there... do you ever get lonely?

What are you planning to have for your next lunch?

[This message has been edited by annepin (edited September 20, 2008).]

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innesjen
Member # 6126

- posted      Profile for innesjen   Email innesjen         Edit/Delete Post 
How did the dwarves not get infected? Are they immune, could there be a cure by utlizing their blood? And this new problem (what destroyed the orcs), what is it and how are you planning on stopping it?

What do you look like?
What are your skills?
Do you know hand to hand combat?
Are you a healer too?

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
No, The orcs are not gone, the dwarfs are. They were destroyed by . . . monsters, I don't know where they came from but I think they intend to destroy all races. But I can't worry about that now. The dwarfs were immune because the disease feeds on human blood. Specifically the Iron in our blood. The dwarfs have a different mineral in theirs. Burning my house was just a small prevention, the orcs still raid and bring their foul powder.
My Father was a great man, he taught me to be a doctor, a real doctor who cures disease not prays for its cure. I don't believe that I can come up with the cure by myself, that is why I travel, searching for someone's help.
My father was betrayed by the orc he bought the medicine from, or perhaps he was discovered and killed. Yes My father dealt with orcs, but only to save his, my people.
I have found friends in my travels, sort of. My protector promised my father long ago that he would protect me. And he has a friend who follows him around, a small friend. He is the last dwarf, a simple laborer who doesn't know even the slightest of his great people's medicinal feats.
I'm afraid my next lunch will be in a terrible place.
I have dark hair, and dark eyes, but my skin is pale, paler than the people in my village, you can't tell if I've been in the sun all day, unless I burn.
As for skills, I am a doctor, though a untested one, I am also good with animals. I probably could be a good fighter, I know what a person looks like inside and where their weak points are, but that seems contrary to what I do. If I must though, I will fight.

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.