Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Jirand

Author Topic: Jirand
Bycin
Member # 8297

- posted      Profile for Bycin   Email Bycin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am Jirand, a gravedigger, though it isn't by choice. I've been doing it for the last three years now and if I can make it another two, they'll let me back in to 'proper' society.

I spent some time at the Military Academy, but got kicked out after only a couple years. You would think that a school for soldiers would be a little more understanding over a bit of fighting, but when politics are involved nothing seems to make sense.

My father is a minor Merchant Lord, influential enough to put me in the Academy, but not quite enough to keep me there. I feel terrible for causing him shame, which is why I gladly do my penance.

If you want to know more, I suppose I can oblige, but that is me in a nutshell.

Posts: 76 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liquidland
Member # 8509

- posted      Profile for liquidland   Email liquidland         Edit/Delete Post 
Who were you fighting and were they kicked out as well? If so, do you have to work together as gravediggers?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bycin
Member # 8297

- posted      Profile for Bycin   Email Bycin         Edit/Delete Post 
I was fighting with the son of the Duke, and if I do say so myself, really held my own. I was the only one punished and I was lucky to get off so easily. I might have been at the Academy with him, but we weren't equals. A commoner who lays hands on a noble could be killed, by law.
Posts: 76 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.