Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Elder Eldrin Morallinen from "A Journey's beginning"

Author Topic: Elder Eldrin Morallinen from "A Journey's beginning"
Collin
Member # 8522

- posted      Profile for Collin   Email Collin         Edit/Delete Post 
Elder Morallinin places her light brown, graying hair perfectly upon her shoulders and smoothes her dress before speaking. "Good afternoon, friend. I do love to have visitors to our wondrous Temple. 'The Temple of the Father' they call it, a truly wonderful place. It is the job of our initiates to protect the weak and to call down the selfish and abusive; to keep peace in our land. I am one of the nine elders here. As elders it is our job to keep the 900 or so initiates of our Temple in line. We are our organizations leaders, and we will all lay down our lives to protect the name of the Father of the Light, the craetor of our world. It is for him that we work; to exalt his name. Do you have anything to ask of me? I do have a few minutes to spare and I love questions."
Posts: 90 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaudrhin
Member # 8557

- posted      Profile for Gaudrhin   Email Gaudrhin         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I actually have two questions, Elder. First, is there a particular reason there are nine elders? A significance to the number?

Secondly, why would you need to lay down your life for the Father of Light? Nonbelievers? Other deities?

Posts: 50 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Collin
Member # 8522

- posted      Profile for Collin   Email Collin         Edit/Delete Post 
"There are nine of us because that is how it has always been. Any manuscripts explaning why this may be are long gone. Well, either that or the Riatin have them of course. As to why I may have to lay down my life, there are many who despise the Father and wish our organization to be destroyed. They follow a being known only to us as Raj, or "Evil" in the language of the tree folk. Those who are dedicated to Raj call themselves "shadowcloaks" and are cloaked not only physically with black cloaks, but their hearts are cloaked in shadow as well; they are evil from the inside out. Although, Other than this one organization, and those individuals who radically oppose us, most people in our land look at us with respect and kindness. We are keepers of the peace. Peace does not come easily in our land, however, as our history will show."

[This message has been edited by Collin (edited May 10, 2009).]

Posts: 90 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.