Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Embry

Author Topic: Embry
Juls Reed
Member # 8626

- posted      Profile for Juls Reed   Email Juls Reed         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having trouble fleshing this character out but I have big plans for him. This is all I really know so far:

Embry is a shy and quiet 19 year old. Embry had an identical twin named Shawn who was his exact opposite and his best friend. Shawn died a few days ago. Now Embry is seeing things.

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Collin
Member # 8522

- posted      Profile for Collin   Email Collin         Edit/Delete Post 
What sort of things does Embry see? Are they good or bad things?

What sort of person is Embry? You tell us that his identical twin was his exact opposite, but not any of Embry or his twin's personality traits.

What does Embry look like?

Posts: 90 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juls Reed
Member # 8626

- posted      Profile for Juls Reed   Email Juls Reed         Edit/Delete Post 
What do I look like? I've been avoiding mirrors and I'd like to say I can't remember but Shawn's face stays burned into my brain no matter how I try to avoid it. Dark hair, green eyes, freckles, strong jaw, small chin, full cheeks... All identical except for the scar on my chin from when Shawn made me go dirt biking with him. Both 6'3" and thin but he was somehow always taller.

What sort of person am I? How would I know? Shawn's gone.

Now our parents are looking at me like they wish I could fill the hole. Or maybe like their afraid I won't speak anymore now that he's gone. And maybe I won't. Why should I? Everyone's always thought I was too quiet. Nice maybe but too quiet to really be a twin to someone like Shawn. Like our twinness didn't run deeply enough. Now, without Shawn?

We were not two halves of a whole. He was everything and I was happy to be his shadow. What anchors me now?

I feel like I'm losing my mind. And the shadows I've been seeing... I've seen them creeping in the side of my vision and I swear I've even heard them. They say Shawn's not gone. That I can get him back.

And then there's her. I saw her on the street and I don't know how but I knew what she was. And that's why I had to take her. She swears she can't bring Shawn back. But she's an angel. And the shadows told me she can.

So, I had to take her.

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Juls, this is Emily. Are you sure taking an angel to save your brother is wise? Perhaps the shadows lie and they only want your own destruction.

I'd like to know more about you. You seem like a kind soul. I've always liked quiet boys myself. What do you like to do? What do you dream about?

Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslteacher
Member # 8640

- posted      Profile for eslteacher   Email eslteacher         Edit/Delete Post 
Embry, I am sorry for your loss. I'd like to ask you: how did Shawn die? If that is too personal at this point, perhaps you could tell me something about him. Was he the firstborn of the two of you?
Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsBrown
Member # 5195

- posted      Profile for MrsBrown   Email MrsBrown         Edit/Delete Post 
So what can you tell us about Shawn? Since he defined both of you...
Posts: 785 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.