Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Callie O'Connor

Author Topic: Callie O'Connor
Sétanta
Member # 10421

- posted      Profile for Sétanta   Email Sétanta         Edit/Delete Post 
As smart as her brother, Bodie, but deals with her feelings and problems by running away from them and giggling with her friends about boys. Sacrificing good grades and parental approval for social acceptance, 14-year-old Callie has no idea that she is ALSO the heir to Cu Chulainn's powers. It will take both her AND her brother together to protect the magical and mundane worlds from the rise of Crom Cruach, an ancient Celtic demon.

And... scene!

---

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
The key point will be "how does she find out?"
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sétanta
Member # 10421

Very astute, Robert...! It's one of the cruxes of the story, how she finds out. Doesn't happen 'til the very end.

But again, I thought this was a Q&A with a character forum. Si o no? [Smile]

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sétanta
Member # 10421

Ok, let's try again.

---

What are you guys up to over here? Can I hang out, too? I totally need to get away from my family for a minute. Or maybe a year. They drive me crazy. ... Oh. I'm Callie, by the way - hi.

Yeah, so, I know they mean well, but both Mom and Bodie are like "talk, talk, talk" - as though that ever fixes anything. I don't WANT to talk about my feelings. You know what I've learned? Nothing you do really matters, anyway. The Universe is just going to do whatever it wants, and that's life! So why try so hard? What's the point? Just try to have fun along the way.

At least I have a new pet! Bode brought her home. He tried to name her something horrible and stupid so I called her "Licorice" and then he was like "I found her so let's call her 'Midnight'" and luckily, that name is pretty cool. Oh. She's a cat, yeah. Forgot to mention that.

So now my lame brother has found himself some friends (finally) and I have no idea what they're up to but I'm sort of dying of curiosity. He's usually such a goody-goody but he's been sneaking out of the house at night while Mom's working the 24-hour shift and I think he even had a girl in his room!! Which would be totally unfair, since I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend yet. Can anybody say "double standard?" Right??

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think it's worthwhile ratting your brother out because he sneaks out at night? What will that do to your relationship with him? I know girls your age don't often have to deal with things like that, but you're old enough to show some consideration.

Besides, nobody likes a rat.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sétanta
Member # 10421

Geez. I didn't say I was GOING to rat him out. But how did this get to be MY fault? HE'S the one sneaking around! HE'S the one with girls in his room. I don't see how that's fair! Why do I have to be the bad guy here?

You're right, though. I'm going to have to go talk to him - then we'll see what the little booger has to say for himself. I won't rat him out, but HE doesn't have to know that. What is he up to?

Whatevz. I don't know why I care anyway. It's just that he's always been sort of a social outcast and I've been the popular one.

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

The implication is clear, Callie. You don't like it that he's sneaking around and having girls in his room, and you don't like it that he (apparently) gets away with it.

Is your new cat Licorice / Midnight...a black cat?

Scot
Member # 10427

- posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot         Edit/Delete Post 
So you don't really care about sneaking out, it's just that he gets to and you don't? What are you going to do if he says you have to sneak outside with him? And what if you meet the girl visiting him? Are you going to roll along with it (because the Universe does what it wants)?
Posts: 114 | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.