FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Personality Test (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Personality Test
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Normal?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I took it again and still came out ENFP. I've taken the real Myers-Briggs test more than once and always been ENFP. So I guess I'm pretty stable in that respect. If anything about ENFP's can ever be called "stable." [Razz]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
ENTJ

Given that N's only make up 20 - 30 percent of the population that's quite something with the demographic we have here.

By being here we are already hugely self selecting as readers of sci-fi (predominantly NTs) and fantasy (predominately NFs).

The books I have on MBTI claim that the most 'healthy' / lasting relationships are between complete opposites apart from the language function letter (N or S). So my 'ideal' other half would be an INFP with ENFP running a close second.

Unfortunately ... In the corporate world that I inhabit we are about 45 % NTJs and 45% STJs ... and usually not an NF in sight.

So given that so many of you are NFs ... please let me know where I would find others of your temperament? How can I meet you? Where do you hang out?

Brinestone - I think it is totaly normal that you enjoy people who are like you the most. In particular, there is usually quite a stonrg and natural S vs N devide as the language we use is so different that we actually find it quite hard to understand each other.

My lasting friendships are mostly with NT's, with a few NF too. I've mellowed in my age to have more Ps who are fantastically spontaneous and entertaining.

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't take this one, but I typically wind up as INFJ or INFP. It's usually INFJ more than INFP (since I think I've only seen INFP twice, whereas I've seen INFJ several times).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always an INTJ. I took it first when I was in college, more than 20 years ago, and every single time, I come out as INTJ.

Someone should start collating what everyone is here. The reason we did the test in college was, I was on the Hillel House student board, and they brought in this guy who gave us all (there were about 18 of us, as I recall) the test. A short form of it, I think.

Anyway, he put up on a blackboard where each of us were, and we had almost all 16 possibilities covered. Maybe 2 or 3 were missing. He said that showed we had a good mix on the board.

It'd be interesting to see what kind of mix we have here overall.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
I came out as ISTJ.
Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I got INTJ, i guess that's good
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumping because this thread made me think of it*

I'm a very pronounced INFP. I've taken the test several times over the years and it's always the same--and I'm very much a "P," as the following story will illustrate:

We had a trained Myers-Briggs guy come give a workshop at an office where I used to work. They sent us the test, we mailed it in, and then they analyzed the results and came and told us what it meant in terms of the way we functioned together as an organization. We broke for lunch, and a little bit before I went back to the conference room where we were meeting, I stopped by my office to check my emails. Well, I answered one and lost track of time, and the next thing I knew I was rushing back up to the room, late. Everyone laughed as I came in and sat down, and I discovered that while we were all gone he had put up a prediction, based on our test results, of the order in which we would return from our break. And I'd returned last, just as he'd predicted. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I am still an INTJ, but my numbers are now
Introverted 22
iNtuitive 100
Thinking 75
Judging 1

according to this thread, about two years ago I was
Introverted 56
iNtuitive 100
Thinking 11
Judging 11

I expected that I would turn out more extroverted than last time, but I am surprised my T jumped up and my J went down. I would have guessed the opposite.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
I am INFJ

Nice thread kat [Wink]

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
... and I updated Xaposert's post, here are the results:

ISFP
Raia
T_Smith
Wonko the Sane
ifmyheartcouldbeat

ESFP
IanO (possibly ENFP)

ISFJ
Christy
Eruve Nandiriel
Goody Scrivener
unicornwhisperer

ESFJ
dabbler
Turgan

ISTP
Misha McBride

ESTP

ISTJ
mr_porteiro_head (possibly ISTP)
genius00345

ESTJ
Farmgirl
Polio

INFP
Zalmoxis
xnera
advice for robots
Happy Camper
Noemon
Sunil
mackillian
rivka
JannieJ

ENFP
Belle
Elizabeth
Annie
Telperion the Silver
Tammy
Jim-Me

INFJ
Teshi
beverly
amira tharani
Dragon
Teleport
skillery
MEC
Taalcon
Jess N
Ela
FoolishTook
littlemissattitude
Trondheim
Scott R (possibly INTJ)
Brinestone
pfresh85
Ginette

ENFJ
TomDavidson
fugu13
breyerchic04

INTP
RRR
Xaposert
Mike
saxon75
ClaudiaTherese (possibly INTJ)
Orange7Penguin

ENTP
BannaOj
katharina
Bob the Lawyer
Ralphie
Lucky4

INTJ
sndrake
Bokonon
alath
Hobbes
Jeni
PSI Teleport
Megan
Stray
Maccabeus
Vadon
dkw
Dagonee
Mr. Funny
Sara Sasse
signal (possibly INTP)
MidnightBlue
prolixshore
Stray
eslaine
Zeugma
EarlNMeyer-Flask
JLM
starLisa
airmanfour

ENTJ
Carrie
Allegra
peterh
firebird

Conclusion: Given that N's are rarer than S's as a whole, this forum is extremely biased towards N's.

I guess this shouldn't surpise anyone, though, given which types most likely prefer science fiction reading and going on to forums to post about religion and politics.

Looks like we also have lots of J's and lots of I's.

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
I... N... F... J...
11.. 38.. 12.. 1...

Apparently only 2% of the population is this type, but it seems at least 10% of hatrack is.

Interesting.

Edit to add: Around 16% in fact.

Interesting.

[ July 18, 2006, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: cheiros do ender ]

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 25 1 33

I could take the test on successive days and be different types every time; I'm always on the border of being one or two different things.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
67 38 38 11

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh, same as I always get. I swear I took it in this thread, but I guess not [Smile]

Your Type is
INTP

Introverted- 33
Intuitive- 25
Thinking- 1 (on certain tests I get a low Feeling instead)
Perceiving- 56

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Conclusion: Given that N's are rarer than S's as a whole, this forum is extremely biased towards N's.
Don't you mean S's are rarer than N's?
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotten INTP every time I've taken this test, or other versions of it. This particular one I took just recently for my psychology class. Almost everyone was N.
I also went through the Keirsey website and wrote down the percentages given for each type...I'll post that later.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
I - 33
N - 62
T - 1
J - 89

Does that Judgement score qualify me to sit on the Hatrack Supreme Court?

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenox
Member # 8987

- posted      Profile for Zenox   Email Zenox         Edit/Delete Post 
INTJ

* slightly expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Introverted 11 Intuitive 12Thinking 38Judging11

Mastermind, apparently.

The only party I disagree with is my abillity to plan so well. Not really me. :-P

Posts: 58 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't you mean S's are rarer than N's?

Put it in easily understandable terms--N's are rarer (around 25%). But on Hatrack, N's are not as rare as they are in the general population.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
First description:

quote:
The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and expressive when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which Champions possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, Champions strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, Champions fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

Second description:

quote:
General: ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on bo th an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.

Social/Personal Relationships: ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (l ots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. Less mature ENFPs may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time, to reassure them that everyone thinks they're a wonderful and fascinating person.

ENFPs often have strong, if unconvential, convictions on various issues related to their Cosmic View. They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their negle cting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.
Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned. ENFPs are at their most useful when working in a group w ith a J or two to take up the slack.

ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.

Third description:

quote:
ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.

Fourth description:

quote:
Extraverted iNtuition

The physical world, both geos and kosmos, is the ENFP's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, dominant intuition is sensitive to things as they might be. These extraverted intuitives are most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things.

Intuition leans heavily on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to caricatures of manner, speech and expression.

Introverted Feeling

Auxiliary feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. ENFPs who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends they naturally attract.

Extraverted Thinking

Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.

Introverted Sensing

Sensing, the least discernible ENFP function, resides in the inner world where reality is reduced to symbols and icons--ideas representing essences of external realities. Under the influence of the ever-present intuition, the ENFP's sensory perceptions are in danger of being replaced by hypothetical data consistent with pattern and paradigm. When it is protected and nourished, introverted sensing provides information about the fixed. From such firm anchoring ENFPs are best equipped to launch into thousands of plausibilities and curiosities yet to be imagined.

Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.

Famous ENFPs:

Franz Joseph Haydn
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Will Rogers
Buster Keaton
Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)
Mickey Rooney
James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")
Andy Rooney
Carol Burnett
Paul Harvey
Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)
Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)
Dom Delouise, actor
Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain
Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist
I. King Jordan, president of Gallaudet University
Martin Short, actor-comedian
Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)
Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)
Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)
Robert Downey (Heart and Souls)
Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)
Sinbad
Andy Kaufman
Regis Philbin

Fictional:
Dr. Doug Ross (ER)
Balkie (Perfect Strangers)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
The Fr

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
33 50 1 44

I understand my results pretty much and I think that they're very accurate for me. I'm not suprised that my thinking/feeling is so closem though I think I am a bit more defined as a Thinker than a 1.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I took it again. I'm *still* an INTJ. Whee.

Has anyone taken it multiple times and shifted personality significantly? Such as a moderately strong category switching to the other end of the spectrum?

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Last time, ISFJ. (Although on the list on the last page, I somehow got mislabeled.) This time, INFJ.

Both times, I think the whole thing is kinda silly and arbitrary.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
ENFP.

I took this test before for some career thing (okay, not this exact test, but a more detailed one), and it gave me ENFP, but I think the detailed thing said that the F and P were low enough numbers that it could go either way.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I've taken it periodically since I was in college. Always INTJ.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(Oops! [Embarrassed] I hadn't realized until now that I posted in the old thread instead of the new one. Sorry!)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I came out as a Teacher...but I accidently closed the page before I copied it.

Oh well....

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
ENFP this time.

Champions are rather rare, say three or four percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emreecheek
Member # 12082

- posted      Profile for Emreecheek           Edit/Delete Post 
I know the guy that interpreted my results said ENFP's were the most fun type.

He also said that college students most often self-select into ENFP, as opposed to other personality types.

I have a question for the other ENTP/ENFP's though...

I've had people disbelieve me being an ENFP because I'm too clinical and sarcastic. And I've had others disbelieve me being an ENTP because I'm to warm and nice. Does this happen to you often?

Other personalities are, of course, welcome to answer as well.

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
22 38 25 22

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity, Healers can often feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Video Profile of an Idealist Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Your type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
89 38 38 11

I vaguely recall taking this test once before, but I don't know whether the outcome was the same at that time.

Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
ISTJ

on three different personality test

id say thats definative

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
56 25 75 44

I thought I had done this in the old thread, but I couldnt find it, so I did it again.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm INTJ, slightly expressed in the first three and strongly in the J (78%).

p.s. But this is the week of the Caylee Anthony verdict and the Leiby Kletzky murder.

[ July 14, 2011, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Emreecheek:

I have a question for the other ENTP/ENFP's though...

I've had people disbelieve me being an ENFP because I'm too clinical and sarcastic. And I've had others disbelieve me being an ENTP because I'm to warm and nice.

I have always been a very strongly expressed ENTP, I know because my dad was once a vice president at cpp, the company that publishes the Meyers Briggs. (in fact he investigated this very online test as a possible copyright violator. It isn't.) Often I notice that in person I am described as being "very nice" or even "too nice." in my experience this is often a reaction to my own overcompensation for my argumentative nature, and usually comes from people who I find less than exceptionally smart. This makes me realize that I've been patronizing them, and they haven't noticed. It's the same behavior that others call arrogance, when they *do* notice.

I think it's always useful to keep in mind that others observe you being you, but also you trying*not* to be you as well. So someone's reaction to your behavior doesn't necessarily reflect upon your personality type, as much as it does on your behavior in situ. Why you behave that way, you likely understand more than they do. I can't count the number of times being intentionally reserved has backfired on me. It's at least as many times as being myself has caused problems. I just try to keep in mind that just as I fund others mysterious and perplexing, so too do they find me. Often more so.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EarlNMeyer-Flask
Member # 1546

- posted      Profile for EarlNMeyer-Flask           Edit/Delete Post 
"But this is the week of the Caylee Anthony verdict and the Leiby Kletzky murder."

What does this have to do with your personality?

Posts: 338 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always enjoyed discussions about these personality tests. I tend to take them when i see them and have probably taken the test (internet version, i guess not the "real" test) about 50 times. INTJ is the conclusion i usually get with INTP the second most. I once got an "S" which i thought increadibly weird.

People that know me have insisted that i am an E instead of an I and that it isnt very close. I have had "e" pop up a few times when taking these tests so i suppose its possible.

I find that i see bits and pieces of me in more than one personality description though, so i have often wondered if these types are too general.

Add me to theINTJ list for this last time around though if i were to pick me from the descriptions the INTP souns more like how i see myself.

I-89
N-12 (this seems suprisingly low to me)
T-75
J-67

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.