FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » To Geoffrey (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: To Geoffrey
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, I know that when I was first here, I had no clue that "Dog" was Geoff...

Yeah, me neither, Ophelia.

In fact, I didn't know till now.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbyrd
Member # 3081

- posted      Profile for Tbyrd   Email Tbyrd         Edit/Delete Post 
TAAS.. that would make you a Texan, wouldn't it? *cheers*
Posts: 19 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BootNinja
Member # 2296

- posted      Profile for BootNinja   Email BootNinja         Edit/Delete Post 
But of course. Born and Raised. I live in Lubbock, home of Texas Tech University, and Buddy Holly.
Posts: 557 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BootNinja
Member # 2296

- posted      Profile for BootNinja   Email BootNinja         Edit/Delete Post 
That is the one thing about our dear president that I do not like. He is in favor of a national acheivment test. The tests are stupid, and make the teachers pander to the lowest common denominator, because they get paid based on the district rating which is in turn determined based on achivement on these tests. So instead of teaching their subject matter, they instead teach the test.
Posts: 557 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roxy
Member # 3416

- posted      Profile for roxy   Email roxy         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly what happened with our last CRT. They taught us what was on the test, and told us half our second semester grade was to be based on our performance on the test. The funny thing was, they knew that they wouldn't get the results back in time to average it in.
Somebody really must've wanted a bigger paycheck, don't you think?

Posts: 358 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! Over 50 posts... I'm so proud... I'm on my last statewide! And I've had so many it's not even funny... does no other state have regents?

Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Anyways I got 94 on my italian!
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't let this post die!!!! I wanna beat peek-a-boo!!!
policyvote
Member # 3044

- posted      Profile for policyvote   Email policyvote         Edit/Delete Post 
We in MI have this terrible test called the "High School MEAP", with MEAP standing for Michigan Educational Assesment Program.

Actually, I think it stands for "Mountainously Egregious A****** Penetration", because it's terribly written, completely useless, graded subjectively by retired teachers with many varying standards, and--oh yes--is tied to $1500 worth of public scholarship money. It stops education in its tracks for three weeks while the teachers try to prep us for the test, then we lose two weeks by actually taking the damned thing. More proof that when it comes to education, people are morons. Anyone who thinks that standardized testing is helping education needs to take the MEAP and call me in the morning.

Peace
policy

Posts: 341 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

too many letters!
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
This might be a little off topic now. But way earlier in this thread, someone mentioned not being able to find any books in their local bookstores. I just wanted to say that the trusty Barnes and Noble always has every OSC book in stock that I've looked for and I would imagine that they would have Geoff's...
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is hilarious!

[ROFL]

Thanks for bumping it!

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
blacwolve, I may have a weird sense of humor, and excuse me, but just reading your posts makes me laugh. But, then again, I laugh alot when people who have contagious laughs laugh...ha, that's good stuff. Good times. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Smile] [Wave] [Razz] That's funny

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

[ August 23, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the first time anyone has ever called e funny. Although, since I'm not trying to be, I odn't know if it's a good thing.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgaine
Member # 4691

- posted      Profile for Morgaine   Email Morgaine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But I wonder sometimes ... can a human being actually finish all the series my father has started?
Maybe everything he wrote will end up like Asimov's stuff - everything fitting into a piece of the same universe's timeline. You know, like Alvin being a part of the history of the Earth of Ender and Bean, the Bible consisting of Sarah, Rebekka... Meh, just a though. Such a concept does lend itself quite well to having other authors write various sequels/prequels to various series.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.