FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do I make a new thread? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How do I make a new thread?
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

- posted      Profile for shadowmaker           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm pretty much new here. Just to throw you off I'm in Asia(or am I?) Actually I live in Illinois. I started reading OSC a few months ago and now I'm on Shadow of the Hegemon. I guess this doesn't qualify as a real subject so people will hate me for taking up precious subject space. If you've been here for a while or you're new you can write stuff in here, just so i can know some people.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
First you have to catch a sheep.

Shear it.

Card the fibers.

Twist them together.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack... confusion. Do I laugh at this or condemn it?

Um... how about this.

::gives shadowmaker a wedgie::
::calls it fair::

Welcome to Hatrack. Become my minion and join such names as saxon75, sarcasticmuppet, and pajeba in terms of popularity!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Become my minion and join such names as saxon75, sarcasticmuppet, and pajeba in terms of popularity!
[Roll Eyes]

Welcome to the first step in recognizing you're a real nerd.

[Smile]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for matt   Email matt         Edit/Delete Post 
*tugs on new thread*

Hee hee...I will unravel the tightly knit sweater that is Hatrack!
[Evil]

Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hey now, I'm playing mafia. And as you pointed out, the cool hatrackers play mafia.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
**gives Nathan a wedgie, then throws him in a garbage can**
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Not again! Hey that tickles!

[ROFL]

shadowmaker
Member # 6155

Thanks for inviting me into your evil minion, but i have to pass. Someday I'll be the one with the superior minion, and you will be begging to join me.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

Thanks for inviting me into your evil minion, but i have to pass. Someday I'll be the one with the superior minion, and you will be begging to join me.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't listen to T_Smith. He's Hatrack's collective little brother.

*noogies T*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Pfft.

You won't be saying that once you meet Slash. You will BEG for protection. MUAHAHA

Sorry, illusions of granduer there.

Edited to add: dude.. you totally double post. You nerd.

[ January 28, 2004, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

shadowmaker
Member # 6155

whoa, I didn't even know that happened, I mean.....it was to throw you off....yeah, how do you like that, NERD!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::noogies shadowmaker::
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

ah! your noogieing bone!
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
*slaps forehead*

So, THAT'S my problem! I didn't become Nathan's minion...

*shakes head*

*mopes off*

[Wink]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

And yet you impute that his minions are necessarily evil. [Evil Laugh] So what do the minions call the dude they minion for?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

THE MINION MASTER
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I call him Evil Master Patrick the Great, and ever am I fearful of his terrible wrath. [Angst]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Thanks Jon. 'Twas uberly funny.

::looks at post count::
I hate you.

[ January 28, 2004, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

pooka
Member # 5003

:Contemplates publishing a link to Nathan's 7000 landmark post far and wide:

I don't know what I'm on. I just apologized to Tresopax. Tresopax.

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Wow. That evil Master Patrick the Great sounds pretty cool, can I be his minion too?
pooka
Member # 5003

You know, I bet a quarter of the member names on hatrack are owned by the denizens of this thread.
pooka
Member # 5003

I think that your post count in a given thread does not update until you yourself post to that thread. I could be wrong.
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

trogdor was a man, or maybe he was a dragon man, or maybe we was just a dragon....um....but he was still TROGDOR
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't listen to T_Smith. He's Hatrack's collective little brother.

But I think he's older than me... [Eek!] [Angst]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 10 at heart.

But then again, I have the heart of Satan, so, you know...

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Point of order in this Chaos.

This is HATRACK. We do not HATE here!!!

well, unless you start another Homosexual debate or who's the cutest LotR's guy or pirate vs thread.

Then we will hate you.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Satan's heart is 10 years old?

[Angst]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Gah, shadowmaker, eveytime I look at you name I see "unicornwhisperer", it's annoying and really odd.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Brinestone, yes, the newest one is.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
well, unless you start another Homosexual debate or who's the cutest LotR's guy or pirate vs thread.

Speaking of which, is it just me or does that kid from Sixth Sense seem to be the perfect choice for the lead in the Ender's Game movie?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

unicorn whisperer? What?
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
If it makes you feel any better, I see "widowmaker." Welcome, btw.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

Another person wasted a landmark making fun of Jon Boy!

T_Smith: *nods* We can be friends.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack...aka "The Assylum".
[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(laughs) Wow, T. Nice landmark wastin'. That's, what, the first landmark you ever haven't done!? [Eek!]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

That seems to be a popular trend, Katie. Maybe I'll make fun of myself for my next landmark. [Smile]
pooka
Member # 5003

[ROFL] Eruve. You know, I almost warned him, and then I was like "it's so annoying when folks point up that a landmark is approaching. Like a true jatraquero wouldn't know." But you know how weasels like me kept saying 2000 wasn't actually the new millenium yet?

[ January 29, 2004, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow pooka, only 40 more posts and you'll be at 2000! [Razz]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I actually thought this was a sort of clever dobie to Derrell's "How do I edit a topic?" thread. Alas. Just a newbie. [Smile]

Just kidding. Welcome! I'm from Illinois too (though now I hail from the west coast.) It's very...um...FLAT...there.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
Eruve's post count is now higher than my year of birth [Eek!]
-pseudopooka

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

If it makes you feel any better, I had no Idea you were that old. I thought you were in your twenties from looking at your picture.
skrika03
Member # 5930

ah, well, see, the pictures aren't necessarily really recent. Though being Asian has its perks. I just have that "dead Mommy" expression in my more recent pictures.

Narnia, you didn't bow to PC's Landmark Mean mumbo jumbo did you? At one point I thought I would wait for my anniversary to do my next landmark. But that's like... April.

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satan
Member # 529

- posted      Profile for Satan   Email Satan         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all true. He stole my heart all those years ago, and now all this evil doing seems so empty.

Come back to me, boy. I need you.

These folks have had it too easy too long.

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I knew someone was going to mention my lack 'o' landmark...thank you for noticing. It's not that I haven't noticed (how could I keep from noticing how fast I racked up 1,000 posts this time?) I just don't feel like I myself am at a landmark point right now. My post count doesn't have much to do with it. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

Maybe we can turn this into the official Landmark Bye thread. I have something kind of ornate for my hatrack anniversary planned, but I thought I might use 2000 to tell the story of how I won my husband in a chess match.

(dude, my word order gets screwed up sometimes. My sister said I was the only person she knew to score less than 60 on the TSWE [test of standard written English, or as I like to call it, the standard written English test] But I guess no one want to see SWET on their SAT score card.)

[ January 29, 2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: skrika03 ]

pooka
Member # 5003

Yes, this is the forbidden bump a thread using another username. But I just wanted to remark on how this thread is even less dense than fluff. much like some new form of matter .

Meh, what the hey. Someone tell me if I'm about to blow my landmark. I mean like 1995+

[ January 29, 2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] Why do people make fun of my username?
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.