FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Jatraquero Recipe Site Thread - with request for new users on p. 9 (Page 12)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Jatraquero Recipe Site Thread - with request for new users on p. 9
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh.

I lost my password and had to get e-mailed a new one, and now can't figure out how to edit my password. Can you tell me how to do that? *feels stupid*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Choose user profile from the left, then Account Related Settings form the list that pops up to the right of that.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
User profile wasn't showing up. It does now, thanks.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted this in the lunch thread, but I though I'd post it here too, just in case anyone is interested:

My favorite casserole was something I made up while trying to duplicate a recipe from a restaurant:

Saute 2 cloves minced garlic in 1/3 cup olive oil

Add 1/2 ea thinly sliced red, yellow and green bellpepper and 1/2 red onion.

After onions have softened, add 1 big can (26 oz?)
diced tomatoes and 2 packages (1.42 oz ea) Lawrey's dry spaghetti sauce mix. Simmer over low heat for 1/2 hour.

Cook 16 oz of bowtie pasta to al dente, drain.

Toss sauce and pasta with 8 oz of Feta cheese.

This is super easy, gets rave reviews and is very, very pretty when placed in a clear glass casserole dish.

Just like some of the recipes above, it is best the next day after the flavors have had a chance to combine. This is great as a take in lunch, and as a do-ahead potluck item.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

romanylass, your new recipes look great, especially the crock pot bean soup. I think I'll try that this week.

And the blintz souflee's look great, rivka.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep wondering if I should buy a crockpot. The recipes always sound so yummy.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We got two-- a big and a small one-- for wedding presents, and I LOVE them.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Theca, buy a small one when they go on sale. (Brand doesn't matter.) You will soon wonder how you lived without it.

Dags, did you see the request in the other thread for a category called something like "Fast, Cheap, and Easy"? (Ok, that wasn't the suggested title. But I think my version is funnier.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No. Which other thread?

I'd need to have at least two separate categories in a group: "Fast, Cheap, and Easy" and "Slow, Expensive, and Difficult"?

rivka
Member # 4859

*giggle*

How about "Fast, Cheap, and Easy" and "Fancy and Formal"?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd forgotten about this site. looks like its gotten a lot bigger [Smile]
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
And... I added a cornell bread recipe. It wasn't there, so I'm guessing our bakers don't know about it. Its a good thick solid healthy alternative to white bread. People should try it and let me know what they think [Smile]
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
The "fast/cheap/and easy" is for those broke folks out there trying to cook healthy meals on a shoestring budget . . . refer to the "Poor and Healthy" thread (grin)
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I added the category as requested. Cross posted from the other thread:

quote:
OK, I added it as Fast, Cheap Meals in the Courses group.

Desciption: Recipes for meals that are fast, cheap, and easy. Fast can include things that take a long time to cook but little actual effort by the cook (crock pot meals, slow roast, etc.).

rivka
Member # 4859

Danke. [Smile]

I won't even pout (much) about you not calling it Fast, Cheap, and Floozy-- I mean, Easy. [Wink]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

It was too long - I wanted meals in the title to make it clear not every quick recipe should go in there.

If it helps, I still like yours better in everything but length. [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

Hmm. I'm waffling on whether the Blintz souffle belongs in that category. It's quick (prep time-wise, at least) but how cheap it is depends a lot on local prices for blintzes. [Dont Know]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'll have to dig out all my fast, cheap, and easy recipes. [Big Grin]
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dag. [Smile] I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks also for maintaining this site- it's giving me some new ideas.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

As per blacwolve's request, I have posted Home-made Veggie Stock and How To Steam Rice. Most of you probably won't use it, but I thought it might be helpful for those beginning cooks wanting to use our new, handy-dandy Fast, Cheap, and Easy category. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Oh, and I'll go through later and see which of my recipes already posted fit in that category.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Done. And I guess I never posted Texas Hash! Well, I will soon-- I have it on Recipezaar already, so it's easy to transfer over.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Dag? Annie's recipe Black Bean Chicken should probably be in that category. Her Hummus and Cream of Tomato Soup definitely should. And she's not around to edit them. Think you could do that for her?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Uh, same for Hobbes' Indian Curry and Pizza Dough.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*pokes Dag* Do you not agree with all of them?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The hummus isn't really an entire meal. I'm not sure the Pizza Dough is really easy.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The pizza dough is pretty darned easy. And hummus is consumed as lunch along with whole-wheat bread and fruit quite often in our household. Besides, I was of the impression that ALL fast, cheap and easy foods should go in there-- like my "How to Steam Rice"-- so you can combine two if necessary to make a complete meal. At least, I think that was our intent when asking for the category. There are a couple of chicken and veggie dishes in there that aren't really complete meals, either.

It is, of course, your site.

[ October 04, 2005, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh -- there is a recipe Ivygirl makes all the time that's wonderful -- I will see if she wants to add it.

I don't think I ever registered for this site, Dag (because I don't cook much) however when I click on "register" it goes to: http://www.princeclan.org/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,83/ and that is not a registration page.

(I'll try using the link you have on the previous page of this thread).

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

FG, use this link. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'll have to fix this. Again.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Kiss] We love you, Dagsie!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag -- I found that if I went back to the "home" recipe site (the first page) then the registration link works. I'm not sure what page I was on when I originally tried it, but I had done a search for a certain recipe, got the search results, and then realized I needed to register in order to see the recipe. That was where the link was wrong.

Going back to the Recipe main site worked fine and I'm now registered.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I made tuna casserole for dinner tonight and realized that should definitely be available in the "fast, cheap, and easy" category. So, Classic Tuna Casserole is posted.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dags, can we edit the recipes on the site? I have a few things I'd like to edit on my chili recipe.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

If you're logged in, you should see an "Edit this Recipe" link just below the recipe title.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I looked, I tried to find something. I just re-checked and couldn't find it. Of course, I'm behind a firewall that blocks JS so that might we why I cannot see it. I'll check it when I get home.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It shouldn't require JS to appear, but it if cookies are blocked then you won't be logged in.
Theaca
Member # 8325

Ooooh, I've never actually had tuna casserole. I can't wait to try it. I get homemade type Amish egg noodles around here, I bet those would be good in it.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It's really not that good. It was the "using stuff in the cupboard" recipe I least looked forward to as a child. As an adult, I can jazz it up a little more to my taste, and my daughter likes it, but...

Ah, well, to each her own. I'd much prefer fishcakes for using tuna or salmon in the cupboard. (Hey, I bet you could make salmon casserole instead! Wonder how that would be...)

Theaca
Member # 8325

I make salmon and tuna patties with different ingredients all the time. I just tend to like tuna things.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Two new Passover recipes from Rivka, plus a tasty seared tuna recipe from me. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

Bit late for mine for this year, but this way they're up for next year!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Juxtapose, try using this URL instead:

http://www.princeclan.org/index.php?option=com_pccookbook&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=162

It looks really good.

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly, I'm weak in the UBB tonight. Thanks, Dag. [Smile]
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I've upgraded the software. It's actually kind of neat - I wrote this as open source and published it on the web, and someone else has taken it and added a significant number of features to it.

The biggest new feature is user favorites. Anyone with a login on the site can add any recipe to their favorite list, and then view their favorites by selecting "Favorite Recipes" from the Recipes menu.

The category list is now a tree that opens and closes. I'm not sure I like that better, but I'll keep it for now.

Please let me know if anything isn't working.

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
*pout*

It tells me I can't register as me:
quote:

An Error Has Occurred!
The username you tried to use contains the reserved name 'root'. Please try another username.

Do I really have to choose a different username, or is there a workaround?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

There's probably no workaround. I haven't run into that, but that's not part of the program I wrote.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
OK -- I'll register as Desenraizada (Uprooted in Portuguese).
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Theaca:
I keep wondering if I should buy a crockpot. The recipes always sound so yummy.

Theca, if there is a target near you you can get a VERY nice one for between $20-30, and some of them come with a little crockpot just for cheeses and sauces for dips as an added bonus.

Crockpots are wonderful....you just turn them on when you go to work, and 8 hours later, when you get home from work, dinner is ready. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I just added my Corned Beef and Veggies recipe, as requested in the Reuben thread. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.