FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 17)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man. I'm actually laughing.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not on the site to get dates [Smile]
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]

Anyway, it's interesting that the point would even be made. When I browsed hotornot & such, a girl who had hot friends got a minor boost in the back of my mind so long as she wasn't repulsive herself.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

FWIW: if I swung that way, I admit I'd be focusing much more on Mike "Bombastic" Trinastic as well as 2-3 of the non-Berg characters in the Backstreet Boys outfit. Equally unimportant: the first 3 pics are from this spring, when I had about 25 extra pounds; the BSB date from '99 and were actually added just 2 days ago by my roommate (behind my back, though I thought it was funny when I found out).

As it is, I'm content to stare at Stacey and Caitlin all day [Big Grin]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Celia - DEFINITELY. That, or I'll buy you a brand spankin-new air compressor. It saved my butt when we had a tire that started losing air on a regular basis and I was traveling long distance. It got Used, and my hubby suggested we should get you a fresh one.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
There's an Indian restraunt in Chicago called "GayLord's of Chicago", I think it's in the North-West part of the city, though I don't really remember (I can find out the actual adress). It was absoltuley the best Indian food I've ever eaten, and some of the best food I've ever eaten. If anyone would be interested in Indian food (that would most likely require a drive) I'm throwing this out there. Mostly just because I have such vivid and fond memories of it. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tricky Dick - you should register here for the absolute classiest dating site.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Did you just insinuate that I remind of Richard Nixon? [Eek!]

[EDIT: and another [Eek!] for the site itself! [Eek!] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 05, 2004, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I was talking to Tricky Dick Berg back there, going back to the dating site conversation. Don't worry. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Umm right, that's what I meant.

[Embarrassed]

Hobbes [Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*scared bump*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Kama*

I didn't know computer programs could get scared.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Angst]

They can!!!!

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*pat pat*

It's wonderful, and you're going to have so much fun!!

Frisco's been out on parole for years now, and that rumor about the gangs roaming the NYC airport looking for pretty Poles is almost 90% certain to be a rumor.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Eek!]
Annie
Member # 295

Don't be afraid! What can a bunch of dumb, fat Americans do to you? We can't even balance our own budget!
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Just always have a coupla cheeseburgers to throw at us in case you need to make a run for it...mmmmm, and maybe some fries, too. Supersized.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama is coming to the US, and she's scared? Something backward about that . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, have locked my doors. [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

My grandmother has been to the brink of death and back a few times recently. She's an amazing person with a full life so no need for an outpouring of sorrow there, but just a heads-up that bad luck might drag me to Texas next weekend. Now back to your regularly-scheduled ogling...
Annie
Member # 295

[Frown]

*hugs*

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~prays that Richard's grandma will hang on and get better, so he won't miss KamaCon~~~~~

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
*Adds to the well wishes for Richards Grandmother*

Thanks to Farmgirl I can now post a picture. Here is the link.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Ah! You look just as I pictured you, punwit!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay, I'm bumping the rooming list, just because over in this thread, Primal Curve reports that he is not going to be able to come.

quote:
Rooming:

KAMA / Katharina / Rivka
DKW / ElJay / Ryuko / Mack
BannaOJ / blacwolve / celia
Moose family
Davidson family
Bob Scopatz (solo)
Vana & Lime / Theca
Psychotriad(Ken?) & kwsni / Fugu13 / Becki
Saxon75 & Juliette
sndrake & diane
T_Smith / Richard Berg/ Frisco/ CalvinMaker
xnera
Happy Camper / Hobbes / Telperion
RRR / Marek / Annie / JonnyNotSoBravo
Farmgirl / Ivygirl / fiazko / Kasie / Space Opera
Insanity Plea (Bernard) & Mayday
Zevlag

Roomless:
- Jenny
- Jaiden??
- Ted??
- fugu friend??
- The Tick

Maybes:
cyruseh?

Zevlag, did the late-comer group all get a room situated?

I don't even know if this is the most recent list, so feel free to suggest edits. I think Noemon told me he was not coming...

Farmgirl

[ August 09, 2004, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Er, F-girl, Richard's replaced me as regards the Frisco room. Kinda like a stunt double, only more likely to get Kama naked.

Well.

Yeah, anyway, is Jonny pretty cute? Or is it just me? You're not beating out Sean Connery or Leslie Nielsen for the when-I-go-gay list, but you're a stinking cutie anyway, baby.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

okay, edited.

quote:
F-girl
Lalo, somehow that just doesn't sound right......

Farmgirl

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, anyway, is Jonny pretty cute? Or is it just me? You're not beating out Sean Connery or Leslie Nielsen for the when-I-go-gay list, but you're a stinking cutie anyway, baby.
Guess you'll never really know, will you? KAMA may be real (or as real as a cybernetic organism can get), but you're still in question, young man. You start off by giving us all these romantic visions of mister rugged biker, and then just punk out. You're still a figment of some phantasmagorical surreality.

And I'm getting compared with Sean Connery and Leslie Nielsen? I guess I really AM old. [Razz]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Cyberdan = Bob the Lawyer. And he isn't showing up under either name, alas. [Frown]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

huh?

I show BtL in T_Smith's room. In fact, I originally think I had him on twice -- once as Cyberdan and once as BtL until I figured out they were the same person.

FG

katharina
Member # 827

She meant at KamaCon. [Frown] Something about being a terrorist and not allowed to cross the border - I didn't catch the whole story.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Oh -- you mean Bob the Lawyer isn't coming? How did I miss that?

FG

rivka
Member # 4859

See, once upon a time I would have simply said it as Farmgirl did in her last post. But the OoC thread has broken me of that habit. [Wink] So now I just post things that make no sense . . .

BtL had to bail because of work-related deadlines, actually. *bummed*

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::extremely bummed::

We've got an extra slot in our room, so someone can crash with us.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, whoa, let's not go flattering ourselves, here. You're cute for a man (don't swell with too much pride, we're a hideous gender), but you just aren't anywhere near Sean Connery of Leslie Nielsen, my, sigh, true loves...

Heh, 4 rills, dude, if Leslie Nielsen proposed you, you wouldn't accept? He does wear protection!

Heh, god, that movie had me screaming (which, yeah, is disturbing to say after declaring my lust for Leslie Nielsen, I realize). I LOVE THAT MAN.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Zevlag has gone on family vacation and won't be available until he's...well...in Chicago...he didn't say whether or not he got a room... [Frown]
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
if that boy doesn't have a room, I'm going to drag him into ours.

Had an Idea that maybe we should play mafia at this gathering. Of course, I have no idea how a real life mafia game works. But seeing novak paranoia in the flesh would be interesting.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I think Zevlag DID say he called and reserved a room -- I'm just not sure who to list as with his room. So I guess we'll just leave that open and figure it all out in Chicago.

Only 3 more days before I start driving that way!

Farmgirl

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[Frown]

my buddies over in the investment side of the bank told me I'd better purchase my gasoline for the trip before tomorrow night.... [Angst]

Thing is -- if I hurry and buy gas before the big price rise -- it will still all be gone before I leave for Chicago at the end of the week. Yes, it's that big of a commute.

Why must the markets do this right during before our big driving weekend? [Grumble]

Farmgirl

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the markets do it specifically because they know it's a big driving weekend. And because, by definition, investment bankers are evil.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I just have to bump this because I'm as excited as a teenager that KamaCon is THIS WEEK! Seems like to took forever to get here! (I'm sure it didn't for AJ, as she worked to plan all this) You have done a great job AJ!

Farmgirl

rivka
Member # 4859

*applauds for AJ*

*bounces excitedly*

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok -- we're leaving for the airport in ten minutes. I doubt we'll post during Kamacon (though I'm sure many will), and we'll probably be incommunicado for a week after that, and then need a day to recover. We'll miss you guys.

<Excited about going to Kamacon.>

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
The Moose have safely arrived at O'Hare. They are in the process of navigating the taxi system and getting to the hotel.

*dances*

aJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, I found a way to get online, yay!

I DO have a room. At this point Jenny Gardener is in it with me. The Tick says "I'm all set for now. " in reply to an email I sent, so he's not with in this room.

I will try to check in twice tomorrow, but not sure when. I will be out of here early Friday morning. Yay!

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

5:20 AM Thurs:

We are heading out the door for the 12.5 hour drive. Be praying for us that all goes safely. I'm going to have to let Ivygirl drive some of it, since I'm really beat.

We will be staying the night in a Chicago suburb with my sister, then we will see you all tomorrow morning, bright and early!

Farmgirl

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be getting up at 3:50 AM tomorrow in order to make my flight, so you people better be worth it.

[Wink]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Hmm...maybe I should do laundry... And find my swim suit. And some shampoo.

Nah, I got hours.

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, not sure if I have any clean clothes myself. At least not the ones I'd normally wear. Ah, well, I'll find something. And I'm not leaving till 5 or so. Lets see, work till 4, get oil changed, go home, pack, leave, forget something, go home and get it. Yeah, I can do that all by 5. [Eek!]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Space Opera... You are a FOX!!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.