FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 14)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Lalo coming? He sounds like an interesting guy who IIRC didn't have room plans. Otherwise, someone point out who the non-housed people are and we'll figure something out.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.... Ted and I may or may not be able to make it.

The mays and maynots lie in when I get time off of work (which, I'll most likely have off) and money.

We could afford to share with two or three people but otherwise it's a for sure no go.

It look likes Richard Berg and Jenny are looking for a room... are there more of us out there? Is there a room of two or three that is willing to accept Ted and I in?

(Even if we can't show up, we will pay our 2/5ths or 1/2 if a room is agreed upon.)

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys pick one of you as a leader, and call Wendy ASAP she said she still has a few rooms available. All of the info INCLUDING driving directions is on the First post on the first page of this thread. I've tried to keep everything there current so it is easy to reference. I will add richard's flight info to the other thread on monday (the Excel program I'm tracking everyone on is at my work) I'm guessing whoever picks up mack will probably pick him up too.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm largely in the same boat as Jaiden. I'm taking a road trip with my brother and I'll try to swing it toward Chicago -- but who knows. I'll still be paying my share of the Frisco room, though I don't yet know how much that is or how to pay it/who to pay it to. If I don't make it, R-Dub, I don't see why you couldn't replace me.

And if I do make it, you could take my spot anyway -- my brother and I will be sleeping in our car and bathing in restaurant sinks the entire way, so why break the streak?

Have fun, geek.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, Jaids, Ted,

I am still looking for a room. If you 3 are good with this, I am. We need to get room worked out shortly so feel free to contact me, or I will you [Wink]
email: josh at zevlag dot com
phone: 801-628-9627
aim: jbgzevlag

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the #1 post in this thread, the hospitality room will be knocked down to FREE (instead of $50 per day) if we get a full 20 rooms booked. We must be getting close to that number by now?????

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
We still may have some space available in our room, though I don't feel comfortable making a unilateral decision on that, as it's not exactly my room anymore. Hobbes and Telp would need to weigh in.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
AIM/ICQ are in my profile
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

As far as I know I think the number is at either 15 or 16 rooms after talking to Wendy on Thursday. I don't know that we could actually get it up to 20 rooms reserved. I think how much they knock it down at that number between 10 rooms and 20 rooms probably depends on in what sort of shape we leave the room. Though logically, splitting the difference at 15 rooms we might be able to get it down to $25/day.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

Just thought I'd point out that $50/day among 40+ people is a much smaller savings than the cost of additional 4-person rooms.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I've not read all 14 pages of posts, so perhaps this information has been discussed already....

Instead of taking Metra from OHare to Chicago, you're much better off taking the CTA. The Blue Line (yes we color code here) leaves from just outside Terminal 1 and is approximately a 40 minute ride to The Loop. From the loop, you'd transfer to the Purple Line which would take you to Evanston/Skokie.

Total fare, $2.00 each way (first leg 1.75, then first transfer 0.25, second transfer in under 2 hours is free, must pay for all together) instead of $6.10 via Metra.

At the moment, the CTA Trip Planner site is down so I can't get exact information, but as soon as I get in, I'll post again.... assuming of course that I don't see that I've just repeated information. =)

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
A female friend of blacwolve and I would like to attend (she'd ride up with us), and needs a room to stay in; she's happy to stay whereever there's room and people would have her, and will pay her share of things. Anybody got an extra spot?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

everyone is getting really full. I don't know if there are any rooms left. I know I have 3 people in my room and I want to save a spot just in case my steve decides to show up to the festivities in spite of his non-hatrack posting stance.

AJ

Richard Berg
Member # 133

Ok. Summary:

Roomless:
- Richard Berg
- Jenny
- Jaiden??
- Ted??
- Zevlag
- fugu friend??

Rooms with 3 or fewer:
- Hobbes/Telp/HC
- Frisco/Lalo/brother

Still not at a breaking point: if none of the ?? people show up, there's probably room to squeeze the remaining 3. If one of the above confirms, though, I'll buy us a room.

Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
Our room already has at least 4. Nate, CyberDan, Noah, and I.

I might even be forgetting someone.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I might even be forgetting someone.
Yes. Me.

Oh, wait. Not.

[Monkeys]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd think of a witty rebuttal, but I'm walking out the door to head to NYC. [Razz]

See you on the flip side! (The real world, that is)

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Wave]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Our friend is definitely coming, assuming there's room, so an extra room is probably in order.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Richard I agree, about the room savings vs the hospitality room cost. The reason why I am personally interested in lowering the cost is because right now I've paid the entire $150 for the hospitality room out of my own pocket and I wouldn't mind $75 back. I know that I'll get reimbursed once everyone is there, but I also like minimizing my out of pocket expenses.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Goody, no one as far as I know, will be taking the Metra from O'Hare TO Chicago. I think it is a speed vs. convienence thing. We are going to be running a private shuttle service from O'Hare to Skokie with personal vehicles. The reason why I suggested that Annie take the Metra from downtown to O'Hare is because in the long run it will be a time savings. In a social situation like this with limited time, the whole point is if you have to sit around and wait it is far better to sit around socializing with friends, not lonely on a bus somewhere.

Are you considering coming Goody? We'd love to have you, and your knowledge of Chicago public transport vastly exceeds mine. I've only been in the area for two years and I still mix my color coded lines up cause I don't travel into the city that often.

AJ

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! I am officially going now!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

*crosses TheTick off the "maybe" list...*

[ August 02, 2004, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
This is going to be HUGE.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what would happen if you didn't go Farmgirl? I wouldn't meet you. [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I will be there Hobbesie!

FG
(I want to see how many of us Hatrackers are red-heads)

[ August 02, 2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Kama
Member # 3022

<-- won't have enough candy.

You all will have to share. [Eek!]

Hobbes
Member # 433

I'm just re-afirming your steadfastness in this desicion Farmgirl, that way when a choice comes up you'll be more convinced in the rightness of this choice. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*

ifyourroomingwithmecheckyouremail

*cough*

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

I don't have email from the evil one.

*wonders if he should*

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

*wonders why josh thinks he's staying with celia*

uh.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Zev, why don't you take the initiative in ordering another room for, like, the six extra roomless people who are now coming? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

Celia I don't, but email is always nice [Razz]

Tom, I think I will. Though talking to Jaids ane Ted they are fairly certain if they come they will be staying somewhere else.

I will go ahead and call and get it within the hour.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
And since those six people haven't actually said anything, you can feel free to scalp 'em for lodging when they show up. Charge by the minute. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- redhead that isn't coming. [Frown]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

*wonders if the tick's email address is correct in his profile*

*wonders if he'll recognize the name*

*waits, continuing to procrastinate on draft due tomorrow*

*wishes there was a ninja smilie to put here*

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I'm hoping to come, probably on Saturday. No I won't need a room. I don't know exactly where the hotel is yet but I did see a link to the hotel's site when I was reading posts last night, so I'll be able to pull driving directions from the hotel's site.

I'll figure out some kind of name tag or something so people know who I am =)

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh! Nametags! I think this is an excellent idea.

I will bring blank name tags.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Ivygirl and I are custom-making shirts (you gotta love technology these days) to wear up there to KamaCon that have our screennames on them. (Got blank t-shirts for $2 a piece at a place having a sale). Hopefully they will turn out well. More fun with PhotoShop!

Farmgirl

Hobbes
Member # 433

I plan on having people recognize me by my dry wit, undeniable charm, and snappy catch-phrases. Hi-ho-Silver, away!

Hobbes [Smile]

celia60
Member # 2039

I plan to dress up as a maid and go through everyone's personal effects to make sure there aren't any serious wierdos in this group before letting ya'll know who I am.

Then I plan to blatantly lie on my nametag.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll make sure to put some appropriately strange items in my suitcase.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

meep!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hmmm... maybe I'll make plans to create a smiley face t-shirt just for Hobbes (what size do you wear again?) You know, just like that one on Forrest Gump...

Farmgirl

Hobbes
Member # 433

Number one, what is this "again"? I'm a litle freaked out that there was a first time for which this can be an "again." [Wink]

Second: [Smile] You're sweet, but I wouldn't want to pay for it and I'd want you to pay for it even less. But still... [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 02, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[Big Grin]

Okay Hobbes -- we will have to go with this instead then.

FG

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hate to put this here, but I can't seem to find the post with the info I'm looking for...

What's the story on being able to stay Sunday night? Did you say we could stay in the hospitality room? Is anyone else staying Sunday night?

I would rather leave on Monday if I can because all the buses going back to Green Bay leave in the middle of the day, and I don't want to have to cut out early.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I don't want that either Annie. [Frown]

Farmgirl, I don't like everybody... I hardly know anyone! [Wink] [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

Yeah, are the rooms reserved for Friday and Saturday nights only?
katharina
Member # 827

I'm staying through Monday, and I think several others are as well. I'm guessing that Sunday night we'll consolidate into fewer rooms, but that at least a few could still be filled.

Kama, I have no idea if we have a reservation for Sunday night. Rivka?

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.