FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Suggest a Gift thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Suggest a Gift thread
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
plaid - I love it!! My personal favorite line:
Real animals parts (e.g. chicken feet, skulls, etc.) OK or NOT OK? Cute or morbid or a mix?

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka: No, 18k is great but I just wouldn't be able to find anything 18K in the price range we usually use.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Creepy rabbits. I mean, how much of that stuff is taken from actual dead animals?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the mutant animals. That woman is very odd yet kinda cool. Did you guys look at the rest of the site? Yikes!
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the range, Theca? This classic is under $100 (before shipping and such).

She might like these if she likes coffee?

This is interesting, and seasonal too. Another cute one. A less expensive one. (ooh, I like that one! *bookmarks*)

If you want to be really sure she won't return something, you could always have it personalized. [Evil]

[ December 03, 2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
The mutant rabbits were highly amusing.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hasdy
Member # 5905

- posted      Profile for hasdy   Email hasdy         Edit/Delete Post 
All I have to say is ORIGAMI BOULDERS!!!

http://www.origamiboulder.com/

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Go to Hobby Lobby, find the clear glass Christmas tree ornaments in the plain white box. Put a few boxes in your basket.

Find the tempera paint. Choose a few different colors: I suggest blue, green, red, and yellow, but definitely get some white. Put them in your basket.

Find the pretty Christmasy ribbon. Put a few yards in your basket.

Find a gold paint marker. Fine tip. Put that in your basket.

Find glitter in a spray can. Gold looks best, IMO, but pick one you like that will compliment the paint you've chosen. Put that in your basket.

Purchase all the things in your basket and go to Wal-Mart. Buy a box of small dixie cups. Go home.

Assembly:

Take the gold top off the ormanent. Be careful, the glass is fragile.

Pour some tempera inside the ornament. Choose one or two colors, and put some white in as well. Put your index finger over the hole, and shake or swirl the paint colors together. Then, pour the excess paint out into a trash can. Try to get as much of the extra paint out as possible, as it will slow the drying time.

Put a pencil or small dowel rod into the ornament. Spray the ornament lightly with the glitter.

Put the ornament, hole side down, in a dixie cup to dry.

Once completely dry, put the gold cap back on. Thread a 9 inch piece of the pretty ribbon through the ring at the top, and tie in a pretty bow.

Use the gold paint pen to write on the ormanent. Last year, I put a name of a member of our family one each one, and 2002 on the back.

Put the ornaments back in the box. Put the lid on, and secure with a length of the same pretty ribbon.

Cost per box: about $3

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't go wrong with more guns.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.