FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » mack probably has appendicitis, convince her to go to the e/r (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: mack probably has appendicitis, convince her to go to the e/r
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Stupid unidentified problem! Stupid invasive tests!

(The following hugs are firm yet gentle, and certainly non-invasive.)

(((((mack))))) Feel better!!!

quote:
As a RomanCatholic, you should have pointed out that ImmaculateConception refers to Mary being born free of the taint of OriginalSin, and not to parthenogenesis.

How weird is it that I already knew that?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, invasive tests are awful, but they do serve a purpose.

They usually cannot see kidney stones on an ultrasound. They have to run a test where they flush dye through your system and take pics of it.

They never found my kidney stones, the doctor diagnosed what happened after the fact - when I went back to her and described what happened it was pretty plain I had passed some kidney stones. Let me tell you, I don't want to go through that again!

What about gallbladder? Any physician mention that as a possibility? CT? Can you check the gallbladder on ultrasound? My gallstones were found during a lap for my endometriosis so I'm not sure.

I do know that a gallbladder attack is excruciating. [Frown] I had two before my surgery. *shudder*

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
It's back...with a fever and severe nausea. O_O

going to the doctor's in an hour

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Well, at least both of us are going to the doctor. I wish neither one of us had to.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle Gallbladder pain and appendicitis pain are pretty different from each other. Gallbladder pain can radiate through to your spine but is generally much higher and more centered than appendicitis pain. It is in a location that feels like heartburn(I've had the GB pain and that was how I figured out what it was before we went to the ER, the locations of the localized pain compared to appendicitis are very different.)

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
FOR THE LOVE OF PETE.

They have NO IDEA what's wrong. None.

[Mad]

But they know it isn't appendicitis.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
When my appendix [Group Hug] burst I had gone to the ER a total of 5 times... they had no clue each time it was over a period of three days... on the last vist I was actually in the room wating for the doctor when it burst.... they did a surgery and had to remove some over my intestines also because it had become infected..I spent a month in the hospital..and still have pains occasionaly...I feel for you mack.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

That so sucks! [Frown] (((((mack)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack... I hope you feel better. Ditto on other people's comments... This sucks.

*Sends smarty brain vibes to Mack's doctors so they can figure this out and help her get better.*

Better yet... *Redirects CT's, and all docs at Hatrack, smarty brain vibes to Mack's docs to help them out*

{{{ Mack }}} <--gentle hug

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
mack, are you feeling any better today??

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Some.

[Mad]

I want them to figure out what is wrong. Because this is effed up. Is interfering with my life and I'd LIKE TO GET ON WITH IT. [Mad]

I cried. Again. Today. I'm not a crier.

*frustrated*

Why can't anything go right!?

[Mad] [Wall Bash] [Cry]

rivka
Member # 4859

(((((mack)))))
mackillian
Member # 586

There's a small alien residing in between my intestines and my kidneys! [Eek!]

...no, not really. I had the last test this morning (contrast xrays to look at my upper GI tract and small intestines). Everything was fine.

[Dont Know]

I guess it IS serotonin. Psychiatrist started an SSRI on Friday, so we'll see what happens.

Stupid barium.

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Barium is AWFUL!

In either end.

My sympathies.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry that they haven't been able to locate the source of your pain. I hope they can get something figured out and get you better.

I had problems with non-specific stomach pain when I was about 18. I hurt all the time (without any increase or decrease in pain lever regardless of what I did or didn't do/eat). It wasn't a severe pain, but it was really annoying. They tried tons of tests (upper GI = eww barium, ultrasound = very painful on kidneys) and lots of exclusionary dietary games (that was not fun at all - 1 month of no dairy, no meat, no eggs - and it was the month of my birthday which sucked bigtime - no cake and ice cream for me). In the end they couldn't find any physical cause and decided it must have been caused by stress. Luckilly for me, I only had to endure about 5 months of it before it disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. [Dont Know] Here's to disappearing pain!

[ February 03, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, barium is bad.

*shudders*

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
My baby girl had an upper GI done at less than two-months-old. It was terrible AND they made her fast for like twelve hours! Then, after nine hours of rocking and singing to the starving baby, they came to get her for the tests, and they said this:

"They said twelve hours? She only had to fast for four hours!"

[Mad]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmmmm-Barium.

Get better Mack.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

ICK!!!

(((((mack))))) Feel better soon!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.