FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LOTR Wenches' Tavern (Page 2)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: LOTR Wenches' Tavern
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ: I thought Kama had feet.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that you were viewing goat hoof prints not actual Kama prints....
[Wink]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
The elusive and mysterious Kama has come to the tavern!?!

*goes to look*

Um, Elves coming, eh? Could one of you ladies help me plait my newly-straightened hair in an Elven fashion?

Perhaps I'll have time to after I get Derrell's milk, since no Honorary Wenches have volunteered...

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! ::straps scrub brushes to her feet and begins scrubbing the floor while taking drink/food orders::

Milk? Elves?! Weee... ::rushes outside to milk the cow::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*eases out of the tub and squeezes water from matted fur*

*scratches back vigorously against Ninquelótë*

*rolls dirty cloak and tucks it under his arm*

*looks around for codpiece*

*shrugs*

*tromps down stairs*

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
::comes back with a bucketful of milk::

Hmn... No straw on the clean floor...

::dunks feet in soapy water before entering the tavern, sliding to the bar::

::fills a pint from the bucket and looks at Derrell::

Hope you like lots of chocolate!

::proceeded to turn the milk a nice dark brown before setting it in front of Derrell::

Ooh! Elves!

::hops over the bar to serve the group first, scrubbing the floor as she goes::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*wants to know where he can get his cloak laundered*
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh!
Fur everywhere!

*pickes up discarded codpiece*

Hmmmmmmm....

[Monkeys]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Laundry services are extra, right boss? ::looks at Jenny::
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Mayday
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*takes dirty cloak outside and washes it in the Entwash*

*returns wearing a cloak three sizes too big*

*feels a draft*

*retrieves codpiece from Telperion's lowest branch and fastens it on*

*feels more secure*

skillery
Member # 6209

*offers to launder Mayday's new "gay frock"*

(secretly wants to try it on)

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Why, how nice of you! Of course you can, you kind sir! Just don't get any fur on it, please? I'm alergic, doncha know.

::continues serving ale, taking occassional sips and flirting shamelessly with the customers::

(ooc for a sec, I really hope B doesn't wander in)

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll help with the washing. [Smile]

*Turns coquettishly to Hobbit lads*

Any of you fine GentleHobbits want to help me haul the water to cauldron, or gather tinder for the fire?

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*looks about for a place to hang freshly laundered frock to dry*

*hangs "gay frock" on a nearby tree*

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*Staggers in from five days on the road, locates a quiet, soft chair by the hearth and collapses*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*admires Derrell's fine elvish dagger*

*has heard that one never need shave again after shaving with an elvish blade*

*offers Derrell three links of mithril chain mail to shave my back*

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
ewwwwwww! If one of the wenches wants to volunteer to shave your back, I'll let you borrow the blade.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you really want it shaven? Or we could put it up with some festive beads and bells...

Ah, the Mirkwood lads are here! No, wait - it's Mirkwood lasses! The lads stopped off to help the Rangers find the missing brown cows. Well, have we any Honorary Wenches willing to entertain these merry elf-maids? We Wenches will prepare rooms for the ladies to freshen up in!

*bustles off to put fresh lavender water in all the basins*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::climbs up on the elf-maid table and breaks out a guitar:: Give me a song, I'll sing it for you. And if I don't know it, I'll make up the lyrics!

::proceeds to sing and dance on the tabletops with the hobbits::

skillery
Member # 6209

*borrows knife from Derrell*

*goes to find a mirror*

*reminds Mayday to put her dress back on before the lads arrive*

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
doo dee doo...

*whittles a branch with the elvish dagger*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

But... But... I'm wearing an apron! SIGH. Excuse me, everyone.

::goes and fetches her frock from the tree and hurriedly puts it on, muttering something about nudist colonies::

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Hey! Rip it out of my branch why don't ya!

*threatens to fling whittled silver branch in general direction*

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Teleperion, you are supposed to be standing still while I paint! I have this lovely silver grey and a golden glaze to paint you with.

AJ

(the irony is that those are almost the colors that I'm using IRL!)

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Thanks for the shave Telp!

*admires new slippery me in the mirror*

*hangs a mithril ring on one of Telperion's buds*

*returns significantly duller blade to Derrell*

*apologizes profusely*

*hands Derrell a chain mail ring*

Now where's that goat?

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::wanders back in, fully dressed, and notices Shan by the fireplace:: Um... ::prods gently:: Would you like a room to sleep in? Or some food and drink? Or maybe a bath? Poor thing, you look completely exhausted...
skillery
Member # 6209

Wait just a minute missy! She's not going anywhere with my goat!

*tries to lure goat away from Shan with a savory section of Telp twig*

Edit: gender error

*notices that goat is chewing on a disgusting angel figurine*

*wonders how an angel icon slipped into this milieu*

[ April 16, 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: skillery ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Skill how can I paint Teleperion when you keep stealing his branches?!!
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::curtsies to skillery:: My apologies, good sir.

::goes back to the table and helps the elf-maids plait their hair::

skillery
Member # 6209

*is reminded by the angel of a favorite song*

Hey missy, do you know Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam ?

Shan
Member # 4550

*yawns, stretches and blinks sleepily*

*Wonders why her dreams included goats and shining trees. Wonders if her dreams were actually nightmares. Decides it doesn't matter and staggers up the stairs to find a quieter, softer nook with "sunbe-e-e-a-a-mmmms" resonating in her head.*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*falls prostrate, arms, legs and members akimbo on the porch of the wenches tavern*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Members? [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

see anatomical diagrams on Foobonic.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
It's big enough to have diagrams? [Angst]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

no no no..

diaphragms. The ones you can see from outer-space.

Those ones.

Shan
Member # 4550

*Gracefully descends the stairs after a soothing bath, straw hat jauntily perched upon her fair locks, gardening gloves dangling in left hand*

*Surveys Beren and fallow and smiles prettily as she sashays past them to the flowerbeds that need attention*

*Waves at Jenny and Mayday* "Good Afternoon, ladies! Lovely day and the flowerbeds await me. Shall I start with the daffodils and tulips or tie backt he roses?"

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::looks up from hair and waves at Shan:: Ho, Shan! I don't really know about the garden... Could you do something about the roses, though? Those things are vicious... ::sucks thumb, then goes back to plaiting hair::
Shan
Member # 4550

"Roses it is, m'dear . . . "

*Rummages in basket by door for extra-strength gloves, clippers and twine.*

skillery
Member # 6209

Shan, watch out for giant spiders.
Shan
Member # 4550

*Casts dirty look at skillery*

*Steps outside and proceeds to the rosebeds, muttering under her breath "I am not afraid of giant spiders, oh no . . . I am not afraid of giant spiders, oh no . . . "*

*Breathes deeply of the perfumed air and basks in the sunshine*

"What a glorious day"

fallow
Member # 6268

*fallow groans, rolls over seeking shade and returns to his dreams of the ivory merchants*
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Shelob is great help keeping down the squash bugs. She's beautiful, and utterly fascinating! Once you understand her habits, she's really not all that bad.

I use her to help guard the Secret Tunnel, and as long as you carry the Light of Elendil, she won't bother you at all.

*passes out vials suspended from delicate silver chains*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*Sighs in relief*

"Thank you, Jenny - - I feel MUCH better!"

*Proceeds to nearest rosebush with renewed vigor. Stumbles over object lying in her way. Blinks in surprise.*

"Umm - Jenny - is this one of Shelob's vicitms? Do you suppose one our strong warriors could move the carcass?"

*Is startled by a snore and leans closer.*

"Phew! Not a carcass - too much ale, me thinks."

[ April 18, 2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::shivers at the mention of spiders and clutches the vial at her neck::
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Say, Beren One Hand, aren't you hanging around in the wrong fantasy? [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*shows her feet, just in case*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

It's the schizophrenia, Ela - he'll be okay. We like Beren just fine, whether it's here in Tolkien-land or lost with Thomas in depressive fits . . . [Razz]
skillery
Member # 6209

*feels a sense of foreboding as he contemplates an encounter between Ungoliant, the giant sap-sucking spider, and Shilob, the giant people-sucking spider*

If a person is a sap, does he get sucked twice?

That sucks.

*contemplates an early departure from this joyous gathering*

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.