FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LOTR Wenches' Tavern (Page 9)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: LOTR Wenches' Tavern
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
2. Passed out in garden. Ladies voices. Talk of roses and spiders.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm... goats... jumping spiders
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
(Hmmm...what the? What's going on here? ROLEPLAYING?)

HOOOM...what could this be? A tavern?

*a huge creature strides out of the forest*

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

3. screen door *bang* screen door *bang* screen door *bang* screen door *bang*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't those spiders such cuties! We'll have to have a Spider Festival!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Spider festival! ::pauses and thinks:: Boss? How do we have a spider festival?

::slaps away a spider leg crawling under skirt:: Bad boy.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we'll have to have decorations, and dinner, and the spiders will provide the entertainment...

And we'll all dress in new silk gowns, which our sweet baby spiders have provided. They're so light and strong! And we can make new silk garments for our favorite Middle Earth heroes. Lots of fittings...

Silk is actually a wonderful fabric for warriors. It's strong, supple, and light. It goes well under leather or metal armor. And we can dye it so many fabulous colors!

*contemplates making Boromir some new garments*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*hears voices*

"Concentrate!"

*resumes counting*

4. Warm hearth. Sizzlin' spider steak.

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! New gowns! ::looks at all the spider silk hanging from the trees:: Well, I'd better get started...
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*brushes cobwebs out of the way*

4. Stews, wizards? something about a room, a dungeon. Skillery in the kitchen. wizards under the floorboards.

skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, life on the road...

the crackle of an open fire...

the stars overhead...

the snoring of 41 exhausted spiders.

[ May 16, 2004, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: skillery ]

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*cackles to self*

*hears echo of own voice*

"concentrate!"

4. Wizard room. Tower. Stairs. Fright. Big screen?

Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders in dejected*
Why am I always attracted to the transient musician types?
*steps on a hobit who appears to be doing the hand motions to itsy-bitsy spider*
*leans in for a closer look*
Oh, I know you. Really now, are you going to be able to sober up on your own, or do you need a hand with it?

Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

5. Big Screen.
skillery
Member # 6209

*trudges up to the Wenches' Tavern, dragging a wagonload of dehydrated spiders and collapses, exhausted on the tavern porch*

*reminds self not to take spiders on road trips until they've been weaned*

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww... babies... have some sap.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*sees a Spider Festival banner stretched between two trees*

*wonders what that's all about*

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*Purses lips at the banner which is tugging on slender willow tree limbs*

*Roots around in her gardening basket, extracts gardening shears and heads purposefully over to the banner waving gently in the breeze . . . *

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*gets an idea, watching the refueling spiders and the banner waving in the breeze*

Suppose I had a big enough kite, and strong enough line...just need a brave volunteer...

*goes searching for the goat*

fallow
Member # 6268

5. big screen?

*counts fingers on one hand*

*sighs*

"This just isn't adding up!"

*stands up and heads outside for breath of fresh air*

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::trips and tumbles down the stairs, a basket of clothes falling around her::

I meant to do that. Honest.

::gathers the fallen clothing into a laundry basket::

The silk our babies have given us makes strong, light clothing! I've made clothing for all of our brave warriors, and new frocks for our lovely wenches.

::hangs the clothing up outside for people to take at their leisure::

fallow
Member # 6268

*bangs through the screen door and hears a bustling behind him*

"Miss May? Can I help you with that basket?"

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Why fallow! Thank you, but I'm almost done.

::hangs more shirts on a shorter line::

Here's one that looks about your size.

::takes the last shirt out of her basket and hands it to fallow::

Is something wrong? You look like something's bothering you.

fallow
Member # 6268

*furrows brow*

"umm.... nothing. it's quite nice... this is a shirt?"

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Yep! Sewn by yours truly. It might not look like much, but it should fit...

::stares at the shirt and furrows brow::

Should... Darn my sewing skills. Try it on, let's see how it looks!

skillery
Member # 6209

*borrows one of Mayday's silk shirts*

*thinks to himself*

This should make a good sling for the goat.

*finds the goat by the fireplace, once again chewing Shan's angel figurine/anti-spider talisman*

What luck!

fallow
Member # 6268

Ms. Mayday,

Little help trying it on?

[Blushing]

fallow

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Hands up, boyo.

::helps fallow put the shirt on::

Hmn... It might be a little tight... How does it feel?

::pulls on the sleeves and measures fallow's chest with her hands, muttering under her breath::

fallow
Member # 6268

*coughs*

Little tight. *squirms*

what's it supposed to do?

*cast glance back to house thinking of silver helmet*

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

I'm sorry!

::helps take it off fallow and puts a bigger one on him::

Much better.

What does it do? Well, silk is one of the strongest fabrics in the world. Some races wear them under their armor to deflect arrow fire.

[Smile] Plus, it's lightweight and cool under all that armor.

fallow
Member # 6268

*breathes...*

Ms. May,

What's with the holes down both sides? Ventilation?

fallow

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Holes?

::looks down::

Oh no! My sitching fell out!

::takes a needle and thread::

Stay very still...

::quickly sews up the holes::

There we go. Didn't stick you, either!

::promptly pricks her thumb::

Durnit.

fallow
Member # 6268

*clenches teeth and grins ear to ear despite the pinpricked rivulets of blood forming*

right. so this spider silk. good stuff? what's with that empty wagon yonder?

edit: "r" for white "r"hino

[ May 28, 2004, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

I think Skillery's planning some grand scheme to make some money.

::notices some blood on fallow::

Oh my! Did I do that? I'm sorry!

::holds up a hand and a white light emits from the palm, healing the cuts::

Better?

fallow
Member # 6268

yes. better!

*notices throngs of threads hanging on the lines in the garden*

who are those for?

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

I don't rightly know... Maybe they're another one of skillery's ideas... I though I heard him say something about kites. I do so love to fly kites... But maybe they shouldn't fly them in the middle of a forest, no?
fallow
Member # 6268

*glances down*

*notices small metallic triangle at v-neck*

Ms. May,

what's this?

hold's up triangular bit.

fallow

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

[Big Grin]

That's a good-luck charm of sorts. The elves made them. I've got kin with... Ties to the elves... They gave me some. I would hate for any of my friends to be hurt.

fallow
Member # 6268

Ms. May,

what do you mean? charms are meant for luck.

fallow

[ May 28, 2004, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::thinks::

What I mean is, it's protection from harm. It'll deflect some things--arrows and such. Close combat, too. Be careful, though, it's not foolproof.

::leans down and pets a baby spider::

fallow
Member # 6268

Ms. May,

May I sleep in it?

*shimmers*

fallow

skillery
Member # 6209

*takes the talisman from the goat and leads the goat outside*

*flashes the talisman at a nearby spider-ling, which immediately streaks off, trailing a silken dragline*

*flicks the dragline with his finger*

-twang-

Excellent!

skillery
Member # 6209

*waits until Shan isn't looking and cuts a few supple willow switches*

*lashes the willow limbs together with spider twine to form the framework for a large kite*

Shan
Member # 4550

*holds shears up near skillery's throat*

"Would you mind explaining just what you think you're doing, child?"

*smiles sweetly*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*gulp*

"I'm errr...well...I'm uhhh...making a kite?"

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::smiles brightly::

Of course you can! I'll even make you a night shirt, if you wish. I still have plenty of fabric left over, this was just my first set.

::picks up basket and smiles::

Anything else, good friend?

skillery
Member # 6209

*overhears Mayday say that there is plenty of fabric left over*

*was going to use the banner for a sail, but a silk sail...*

hmm

*slowly inches away from Shan's sharp shears*

*breaks away suddenly and runs after Mayday*

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::turns when she hears skillery running towards her::

Skill! Wanting some silk for your kites, no dobut? It's up in my room, go ahead and go in. Take as much as you wish.

skillery
Member # 6209

*tells Mayday his plan*

"I had this strange dream awhile back, after eating some of Jenny’s mushroom stew, that I was slowly descending through the air, suspended by gossamer threads from a billowing canopy of gauze. As I descended I looked around and could see for miles in every direction. Just as I was about to alight in a meadow of green clover, a gust of wind caught me and carried me aloft once again. I must have soared for miles, covering the entire expanse of the Mirkwood before the wind finally carried me back and deposited me on the porch of the Wenches’ Tavern, where I awoke."

"It was the most exhilarating experience to be able to look down on Middle Earth. But the thought of being subject to the whim of the wind was frightening. What if the wind deposited me in the middle of Fangorn Forest? Then I thought of using spider silk as a tether to hold me securely to the ground. Better yet, what if I could get a spider to tow me aloft. They’re really quite strong runners, you know. We could call this new pastime “spider kiting.” It would be a great attraction for the Spider Festival."

Shan
Member # 4550

*shrugs, chuckles, tucks shears away in gardening basket and looks more closely at the banner*

*decides to call it a day and see who might be still awake in the tavern*

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.