FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » North American Field Guide to Hatrack Gay Men (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: North American Field Guide to Hatrack Gay Men
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, I'm offended that you would think that the people who said you were offended must feel ofefnded, because of a remark that indicated offense.

Highly offended. To tears, even. [Smile]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to state, for the record, that I don't know whether Frisco is gay or not.

P.S. I would wink, but I really don't know. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Oh darn. Too bad the screen name "digging_holes" is taken.

[ April 21, 2004, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
Not possible. If Frisco was gay he couldn't have been able to resist coming on to me. And unless he's just really bad at it and I haven't noticed, that hasn't happened.
Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Or what if he's so subtle at it that you haven't noticed consciously?

[ April 21, 2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I can back up Caleb's statement about Frisco. If Caleb had admitted he was gay to me when we were hanging out in person, I woulda been all over him like a cheap suit.

Ah well, two ships passing in the night and all...

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, if Frisco were gay I'd have come on to him! [Wink]

[ April 21, 2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: KarlEd ]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I can just imagine Frisco wondering why, if he's known to not be gay, more women haven't had the kind of response to his charms the men have had.

'Frisco is heterosexual? I'm there!'

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, come on, you didn't need that space!
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Crikey! I've unwittingly hijacked another thread!

I'm flattered. [Big Grin]

The guys have it right, though. If I were gay, I'd have been all over Karl and Caleb like white on rice.

And now that you mention it, Stormy, I am kinda curious. I think the ladies must just be shy.

-------------------------------

pooka, you're easily the most easily offended person on the forum. Maybe you should just skip over all my posts, because I can't claim to be one of the most sensitive. And not to spoil your armchair psychologist career, but not everyone who talks openly of sex is repressed. My post on the other side just happens to be the Best. Edit. Ever.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash is Gay?

If only I had known when he was here...

edit: and I'm even more saddened to never have been eaten.. [Razz]

[ April 21, 2004, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Jim-Me ]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

Slash eats newbies a lot less often these days now that we have the Burninator.
Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

quote:
pooka, you're easily the most easily offended person on the forum
You know, there was a time I would have agreed with you. Until that explanation of ... I think it was your "how to evade a hug" stick people cartoon that some folks thought was a depiction of third base at gunpoint. [ROFL] And the spiracles. [ROFL]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Slash is gay? That's going to be big news to his wife. [Smile]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos to the Burninator... [The Wave]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not gay.

But Caleb is just that darn enticing.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StallingCow
Member # 6401

- posted      Profile for StallingCow   Email StallingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
When he's awake, of course... which wasn't that often, if I remember. [Sleep]

And, yes, Caleb, I do find it a good thing that mack is not you. It would have made this past weekend far more interesting than expected... [Razz]

Posts: 106 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Ah! thanks for the clarification...

<hides in shame>

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't get it...
I think that people who are gay should say WHY they're gay, that way, people can climb on their skin, walk around in it, and understand them.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Be prepared to be asked why you are not gay, Al.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

^.^
Thats a good point...

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
What I want to know is, what about the SOUTH American Field Guide to Hatrack Gay Men, and the AFRICAN Field Guide to Hatrack Gay Men, and...
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, Jim-Me. I'm not even sure if I should post that in the OOC thread.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Well, since it was decidedly *in context* in it's humorous and racy connotations, I would think it doesn't go there... but I could be wrong [Big Grin]
KarlEd
Member # 571

Celia, did you catch me before the edit? (Or were you referring to something else? [Wink] )
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I totally saw it before the edit, laughed, almost out-of-contexted it, and then laughed some more.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My post on the other side just happens to be the Best. Edit. Ever.
<-- glad I could help

[Razz]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure whether I should approve of this constant referral to (the anomalies on ?) Frisco's "other side".

[ April 22, 2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Sal ]

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Too funny! You guys rock.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash and Caleb were hanging out in prison?

quote:
If Caleb had admitted he was gay to me when we were hanging out in person, I woulda been all over him like a cheap suit.
Oh, sorry. My bad.
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

^.^;;;
I wonder if you had known...

KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
What I want to know is, what about the SOUTH American Field Guide to Hatrack Gay Men, and the AFRICAN Field Guide to Hatrack Gay Men, and...
I don't think we've had any confirmed sightings yet. Anyone?
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

That prison video was NEVER supposed to go into publication. I tried to tell Slash that we should get that in writing, but NOOOOO...
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Prison... person... it's all the same with Slash...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Oh yeah.

Anyway, I don't think race is really something that people should worry about, if you're a gay man in hatrack, you're a gay man in hatrack.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

A of D,

It was a joke.

E

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

glad to know that.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I picked South America as an opposite of sorts to North America by virtue of north-south, rather than along racial lines. And Africa popped into my head, but in an earlier version, I used Antarctician. Guess I should have stuck with that.

Did anyone else not get this as a joke? Sorry if I offended anyone.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I got it. [Smile]

Oooo.. come to me my latin lover! [Wink]

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

I rather thought the whole thread was mostly humorous...
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

*Latin as in Roman*

Ooooo, Maximus!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ha ha ha
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

i wasn't offended, afterall, I'm not from any of those races, Im not even gay, hell I'm not even a man...
I'm actually a 17 year old straight Mexican chique.

KarlEd
Member # 571

Yeah, I got it as a joke and was playfulling prompting any possible South American or African gay male hatrackers to fess up. [Wink]

By the way, I also took SA and Africa as geographical references that didn't necessarily have anything to do with race. Even "North American" could be pretty much anyone. Heck, Mexico is in North America, for heaven's sake. [Smile]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I know, what I don't like is that most people don't take it that way, exept geographically. We're more American than American hemselves because weve got native blood in our veins and not just european. The best of both worlds!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.