FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear Hatrack... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dear Hatrack...
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Patrick's suspicious, too.
Who? [Confused]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
The more I think about it, the more I think that this picture is what gets me. It had the caption " This is after I told them I was taking pictures of their budding romance."
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a fabulous idea. I always suspected Frisco would ultimately be tamed by a computer program.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My bad. I should really knock off the paranoia.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
... this is in response for my not being able to attend KamaCon, isn't it? I guess all along the plot was just to get American babies... I feel used. [Grumble]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I would propose that we consumate this wedding story by ring-ing them up or seeing what they white.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems quite clear that KAMA has upgraded from just a computer program to a cybernetic organism - living tissue over a metal exoskeleton. The ring on the wrong hand, the too-cute-to-be-real demeanor are obviously due to the KAMA's lack of experience with real human interaction, but it will be interesting to see how KAMA adapts to the environment. Perhaps we should set up some sort of Turing test for KAMA?
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I still say not.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Eduardo on this one.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
I still say not.
Yes, but are you gonna tie it?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Feh - it will avail you knot.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, you know I always supported you and Nate in your decision. [No No]

quote:
... this is in response for my not being able to attend KamaCon, isn't it? I guess all along the plot was just to get American babies... I feel used.
Exactly.

[Taunt]
[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

[Frown]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I know. Which is why I didn't get upset over it. [Smile]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I would rather marry a fiance than a prankster.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I'm going with pranksters. John denied it was a parody, not that it was a joke. He said they were going to Las Vegas, but not once actually used the phrase "they are getting married". When John actually says "They are getting married" thats when I'll start to be suaded otherwise. [Wink]

However, if its true, then I'll look sheepish later now won't I?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. The pics and words are too misleading.

If you mix "Dear Hatrack I'm getting married and moving to Sri Lanka" + Bob and Dana pics + Pat's Mack and Nathan thread and throw in some funny, what do you get? I'd say you get this thread. I won't call it a parody, tho, because apparently parody is a bad word.

It is an wonderful idea, though, if it were real. I'd be all excited.

[ August 08, 2004, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah, I can see how this thread would make others want to procreate.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a betting table in Vegas on Jatraquero babies? o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think it's sad that John and Eddie have perpetrated this KAMA prank on us for so long. Don't be fooled by the graininess of the pictures folks; They just found some picture of a Polish girl on the web and photoshopped her into pictures. The static is a well known photoshop filter. After all, what's more likely, a Polish girl actually visiting all of us, or a warezed copy of Photoshop?

Occam's Razor, people! Occam's. Razor.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

The only part of that theory that bugs me - you can pick out a Polish girl from a distance?

Wouldn't it just have been easier to photoshop an American girl and claim she is Polish?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
That's very true, TMedina.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Sorry Ed - I was being snarky. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Me too [Wink]
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The Internet makes it easier to pick out the proper nationality; Go to any site that ends in .pl, and you're set! Plus it adds a certain level of credibility.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I do keep you people thinking, don't I?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

quote:
Kama: I do keep you people thinking, don't I?

Using a little bit of (pathetic) psychology: I think if Kama was really engaged, she would use the plural "us" instead of "I"

And...yes, Kama...many people are thinking very, very hard. You can almost hear the gears turning. [Wink]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Sorry Kama - the married and/or dating guys are so used to having their higher brain functions turned over to their significant others, we forget how to crank the wheels ourselves.

Which is why we get into so much trouble when we do try to think - we're out of practice. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Trevor, I'm afraid to say you're totally...ahn...right. [Angst]
Kama
Member # 3022

To avoid millions of questions in Chicago, yes, it's a joke. So there [Razz]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, really ?! I would have never guessed ! Oh, wait, I did guess ! [Razz]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so are you still coming to the Western Massachusetts No Longer An Engagement Party Picnic?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To avoid millions of questions in Chicago, yes, it's a joke. So there [Razz]
But after Chicago Kama's coming to Philly. And when we get engaged it won't be a joke! [Evil] [Party]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, if KAMA were to get married, the most brilliant cover would to make it a joke as to deflect any serious inquiries regarding hickies and such...
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
And all the elligeble bachelors of Hatrack heave a great sigh of relief. Kama is still available!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
That Rocks! [Cool]

[ August 11, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Erik Slaine ]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I should have raised my bet. [Grumble]
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
There's still time.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

What do you mean, Katie?

[Eek!]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.