FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who was the biggest KamaCon revelation for you? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who was the biggest KamaCon revelation for you?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're all making it up; there was no fire alarm...
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
If Kat batted her eyes at me I'd be tempted to agree with whatever she asked even if I was a complete stranger.

I'm sad that didn't have time to visit with all the art outing folks. [Cry]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's true, Katie, we did. In fact, we made up the whole Kamacon. We're all just figments of your imagination.

When the men in white coats come, don't fight them, 'k?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Because they have syringes filled with Haldol just in case.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
does this mean you and Juliette are safe back home?
Yep. You can stop worrying now. [Smile]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I think my biggest revelation was that I was able to actually learn almost everyone's names - I'm really bad at that. Also, as soon as Telp walked in the room, I knew it was him. No idea how, as I've never met him or seen a picture that I know of, but I knew it was him.

Also, Bob has a longer ponytail than I expected!

Last but not least, it turns out Mooselet is just as adorable in real life as he is in pictures. No, I'm wrong. More adorable. As are the other members of his family. So lovely, all of them.

All of you were so lovely! [Big Grin] I had such a wonderful time.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Good call, Vana. I'm also terrible with names/faces but also found it oddly easy to keep track of everyone I met. (Which sadly wasn't everybody, but a majority still.)
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie was both sweeter than I expected, and more dangerous.

Tom D. was too modest. And he had Really Cool games.

Papa Moose wasn't quite as intimidating in person as I'd anticipated (him being a Hatrack Icon and all).

Ditto for Bob Scopatz.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa Moose has NOTHING left to prove, so he can afford to be nice.

I'm just well medicated.

[ August 17, 2004, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I am accused of being excessively modest so rarely that I am now immediately suspicious of Jenny's motives. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom is modest??
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Amen to that, kat. In fact, after having seen you two together, I've decided that you and Eddie should be a matchmaking project. *grin*
[No No]

My. Husband.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you're home, Marek should be as well, neh?

*worries*

oops!

I meant to email you when i got in, but i just ate and went home to bed (weird for me i know).

I got home fine, missed my flight because of traffic getting to the airport, but not by much, and got the next at 4:35 made it just fine and didn't have any wait anywhere. Also my bag was the first one off the plane, so it worked out great. Still it was cool hanging out with you rivka, and everyobody else too ofcourse.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody was so wonderfully nice, I hadn't had such stimulatingly awesome conversation in a long time. I think the greatest revelation to me was how cutely huggable everybody is! To me, everybody gave off a warm teddy bear feeling of comfort, it was great.
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Vana: I had a dream and you were in it. [Smile]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about the biggest revelation, but certainly one revelation was that Psychotriad really likes to attack people a lot, earning the nametag "Psycho" that he wrote for himself. Very sporting of him to warn everyone like that.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Hehe. Dart gun.

Though I don't have many pictures of people, having deleted many of the ones I took to make room for pictures of paintings. (Bad call on my part) I do have a picture of Celia with a dart sticking out of her head. :3

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear you made it home ok, Marek. Sorry about making you end up late for your flight, but it sounds like it worked out ok.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Additionally, I was shocked, even after all the people who said it would be so, to find that katharina is actually a nice person. [Eek!]

[Wink]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
My biggest revelation: I dunno. Frisco had a pretty interesting play list. Ken was good at pool. I'm at celia's place right now, and found out about her plans to start a consulting firm that will kill all the idiots off in a company. I wish I could say thats a revelation.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
oooh I'd hire her...
[Evil Laugh]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Eddie was both sweeter than I expected, and more dangerous.
How's your eye, by the way? [Wink]

I'm dangerous in many ways.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm not supposed to be revealing this tidbit but I'm always doing things my wife tells me not to. Eddie-- my wife was quite impressed with your long black locks and was wont to touch them. I told her she should have asked. [ROFL]

[ August 18, 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's why the ladies love you. (isn't there a thread about that right now?)

Anyway, I love celia's plan, but there are a couple of flaws.

1. Idiots are prime consumers, as they are the only ones who fall for stupid advertising.

2. Idiots are needed for the jobs that cause smart people to jump off roofs, such as in the food service industry.

However, on a small scale, pruning just a few of the most undesirable from the herd, that would be wicked.

edit to add forgotten quote

[ August 18, 2004, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
There is not a woman alive who doesn't think that about Eddie.....

too bad he is so young..

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, FG, I was thinking that very same thing. Eddie needs just a bit of grey in that beard and maybe a few more pounds to really "grow into" that look he has going.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Bob is hankering for some real competition.
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! I hope it was a good dream, Ryuko - I didn't kill anyone or anything, did I? [Angst]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerin
Member # 3902

- posted      Profile for Aerin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why the ladies love you.

That's not why.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
TomD is white! [Eek!]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
My biggest KamaCon revelation is that I should have saved money and should have been there.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get the livestrong wristband. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

No you didn't. [Frown] I could send one to you, I bet they fit in an 37 cent stamp mail piece...

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Ooooooooo!

'Cause they're STILL on backorder. [Mad]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Yah I know, I ordered mine almost a month in advance and it barely arrived in time to give to AJ (their oringal purpose [Smile] ).

Hobbes [Smile]

fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
kat and AJ: [Blushing]

As far as revelations, the biggest one, which has already been mentioned, was just how accepting everyone was. With so many different people from different places with different personalities, I expected more factions, but no matter who I hung out with or talked to, I felt like I belonged. For me that is so rare. Thanks, everyone.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

You should post more.
fiazko
Member # 5812

Me, mack?
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

yeah you fiazko!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Damn right.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I third the motion. [Smile]

Fiazko, you're awesome. And I don't only say that because you back your car up on major roadways at ridiculous speeds.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
First the skin, then the love, and now the crazy driving... Dude, are you Latina? Or what?

Either way, post more, geekwad.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

Eljay, you should have seen the move I made later.

Lalo, sorry, but this is way too much fun. I'm gonna keep you guessing for a while longer.

And I would post more if it didn't require resurrecting dying threads. There isn'ta lot of heavy debate goingon at 4am.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

*methinks Lalo is in love*

*she ain't your type sweetie*

AJ

fiazko
Member # 5812

Oh, come on, AJ. Let's not break his heart just yet.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Vana: Nope. You just said, "Welcome back!" and I was at Kamacon again. [Smile]

Weirdly enough, I've had dreams about Hatrackers I met at Kamacon every day since I left. First it was Vana, welcoming me back; Then it was Mack, talking to me about something though I can't remember what; This morning it was Annie and Hobbes, though that one was a little more fantastic. I believe we were searching for the serial killer who killed Hobbes' mom. [Frown]

[ August 19, 2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

mackillian
Member # 586

That was me telling you to wake your ass up because there's a MOFOING FIRE TRUCK OUTSIDE!
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Razz]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My biggest revelation was ElJay. I expected a bit more of a smily, shy midwest maiden, but instead she was a vixen with a perfectly cheery outgoing aura. Very cool.

And for some reason, though I knew perfectly well who they were, I kept confusing her with Kat.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and also, I think Tom said it perfectly when he said "Rivka is nothing that I expected, but everything I should have expected."

This is a good thing, by the way, and the Scrabbling with Rivka and Christy was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.