FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who was the biggest KamaCon revelation for you? (Page 0)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who was the biggest KamaCon revelation for you?
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* Unlike Tom who enjoys putting up the wacky pictures of people.

-----
Eeep!

[ August 20, 2004, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Christy ]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
My meme is spreading!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I'm subtly suggesting that Sophie's picture should replace yours. [Evil]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
celia wanders into a conversation:

"...saxy mike about that."

*points at HC*

"this mike?"

"no, saxy mike."

*emphatic pointing*

"this one right here?"

"no, mike saxon75 mike"

"ooooh, i thought you said sexy mike."

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
There'd still be confusion.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just directed to the foobonic pictures of Frisco, in his own directory, by an anonymous source. I'm sure everyone else had already seen them judging from the number of hits on certain pictures. Or maybe there were just lots of repeat visitors...

[Big Grin] [Cool] (need a drooling smiley)

AJ

[ August 20, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka
quote:
quote:
Oh, and also, I think Tom said it perfectly when he said "Rivka is nothing that I expected, but everything I should have expected."

I get that a lot. I'm always afraid to ask what people expected! >_< Do I really come across that differently in person?

I would have to say that my conception of you was significantly different than the real you. The difference in my view was your sense of humor and your delivery. In person you were more forceful than I had imagined. Your humor had a bit more bite than what I gained from the board. I don't wish for this to be misconstrued so please understand I found the real you engaging, personable and giving.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

basically what punwit said. So much humor is missed over the internet. You have the perfect deadpan delivery that doesn't come through in prose. At the beginning I kept taking you way too seriously when you said something semi-outrageous, just because your delivery is so matter of fact.

[Wink]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
My biggest revelation is the fact Kama appears to be a nearly flawlessly designed android, posing as a cool Polish girl.

Created by a sentient computer program, of course.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Oh K.A.M.A = Jane ? hmmm the possibilities.

AJ

saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
There'd still be confusion.
It's true.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

You forgot one saxy [Wink]

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

Forgot two. [Wink]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

you know I can't find a kama con picture of papa moose anywhere. Maybe he never existed...

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

[Eek!] I agree that I didn't see nearly enough of Pop at KamaCon.

*thinks* Maybe I should take a camera next time.

saxon75
Member # 4589

If Pop doesn't know I think he's sexy by now, he never will.
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
The whole Moose family! I had to survive on the brief Friday night Mooselet high for the rest of the weekend. And I adored Mama Squirrel and wished I had more of a chance to talk with her.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Got my pictures back. They're 80% crap, but I did get a really cute picture of Frisco with Mooselet. So there.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Less yappin', more uploadin'.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

First I have to figure out how to do it. Then I have to decide where to put the pictures. Either way, hurry up and wait.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
No. --I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
On reflection, I think my biggest revelation was how much people seemed to enjoy Andrea bouncing dice off my head.

*rubs forehead*

*winces*

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And I MISSED that!?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes, you did.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, punwit and AJ. I was hoping someone would answer honestly. [Smile]

So I manage to successfully tone myself down online (this is something I try to do in person as well, although there's no edit button IRL [Wink] ), and I'm funnier in person. Sounds good! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Rivka, I'd defaintly say you were far more forceful IRL than online. [Dont Know]

[EDIT: Not that you aren't forceful online. [Big Grin] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 20, 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't have anywhere to upload them, you can upload them to my computer at:
ftp://deepthought.is-a-geek.com
user: hatrack
password: kamacon

they'll be viewable at: http://deepthought.is-a-geek.com:4224/kamacon
and then email me at bernardy[at]stu.beloit.edu so I can upload them to enguin.com, or you can email them to ludosti at hatrack[at]foobonic.com she she can put them on foobonic.

Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

Project for tomorrow (today). I'll either send them your way IP, or rebuild my website. We'll see.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I still stick with my original answer rivka.

quote:
rivkagila (3:05:48 AM): ok, so help me figure out why some people say I'm exactly the same online and in person, while others evaluate me like Tom and Annie?
unkillableGrisha (3:06:15 AM): well for one thing
unkillableGrisha (3:06:20 AM): you are taller in person

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get the whole "rivka is different in person" thing, but that might be because dkw already told me how much fun you are.

And we've had some fun here on Hatrack with various discussions.

In thinking abou this some more, my biggest revelation was the wide diversity in ages. I knew that a few people were older than me *cough*sndrake*cough* and that most of the people are around twenty-something. But it was really cool to have people from their teens to their *cough*whatevers*cough* all sort of hanging out and using this as a reason to get together.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I never did clarify the Rivka observation.

What I expected: Somewhat of a shy violet, with subtle deadpan humor inserted every now and then.

What I got: All the deadpan humor, none of the subtlety. Which is actually much funnier.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep telling you people: I don't do subtle. Sad but true. My mom does, my dad doesn't; this is one of the many ways I'm like my dad.

And I actually am pretty shy, when in a room with people I don't know well. Ask Ralphie about that Shinda I was at so briefly, when I was still very much a newbie. But if I am around people I am comfortable with -- and I'm pretty comfortable with most of y'all, at this point -- there is no shutting me up. [Blushing]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
My only true revelation was how comfortable I was around everyone. Except when the discussion turned to my "hotness"... [Blushing]
Generally for me it was half that and half headswelling. Anyway. I'm sure there's something else, but I'm tired, and I haven't been here since Thursday, so I'm trying to catch up.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw you squirming a bit, dude. Of course, some of us would love that problem. [Wink] Except we'd end up in trouble with our wives/girlfriends.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Actually, the biggest revelation for me has been how much I miss everybody now that they are gone.

And because some of you came to my work, I keep expecting to see one of you around the corner, like ghosts of memory.

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

That's who's hiding the safety glasses.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

[Razz] Actually I found them all, though there is one that is still in the same place that someone put it, since I haven't bothered to move it.

AJ

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to popup around one of the corners at your work!
*imagines the look of surprise* [Big Grin]

[ August 24, 2004, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I wonder if she'd yelp in shock.
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
heh, I've now run into 3 kamacon people at work. nya!
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

--I--
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I don't yelp, I sputter incoherent syllables. (no its not cussing, because those would be full words and I couldn't get a full word out while sputtering)
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie, I'm sorry we ruined all the darts to your gun. I know mooselet knawed on one, and we lost a couple and broke one.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Not a problem. Nerf is cheap.

Unfortunately, the lack of ammo meant that Ken had to find a different channel for his energy, i.e. D20s and Dana's forehead.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
That was Ken?

[ August 24, 2004, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, and Andrea.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I kept some of the darts.

Ken shot them at me.

While others would protest that he shot them, they would GIVE THEM BACK.

Pfft. He shoots them at me, I pocket them.

Ken didn't shoot me again.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but she was winning!

*pout*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.