FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XVI: Your favorite whine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XVI: Your favorite whine
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Life is a cabernet, old chum.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trondheim
Member # 4990

- posted      Profile for Trondheim   Email Trondheim         Edit/Delete Post 
You’re pinting a grum picture here.
Aren’t teachers supposed to keep a claret head?

Posts: 99 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
How the heck else do you think we survive? Beer was invented by a Sumerian teacher. It is a known fact. They sure made a good ka on that one!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is too difficult for me to participate in. I look and stare at it, like a beer caught in a headlight.

Well, off I go. Have to get my car gassed up. Sadly, the worker has to run the pumps AND the new Subway that they stuck in there which takes up so much of his time. Tastes great, less filling.

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trondheim
Member # 4990

Oh, draught it!
I see I’ve bin playing devil’s Advocaat here, Elizabeth.
Punning is my raisin d’être, so I just wanted to boozt my confidence by proofing I could write a fruity punch line.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trondheim
Member # 4990

Eeh.. what I'm trying to say is:
I'm not a brut.
Can we kirsch and make up?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Of Coors we can, Trondheim.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trondheim
Member # 4990

But not to the tun of Moonshine Serenade!
Could you pitcher that?
We are not that sappid, are we?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Absolut-ly not, if I don't kahlua name, you won't do it back.
fil
Member # 5079

Man, has anyone enjoyed playing old games on their PC? The only problem running DOS is that my keyboard doesn't always work. In fact, all the keyboards I have seem to have the same problem. I have problems with their DOS "A" Keys.

[ September 17, 2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: fil ]

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Many of these puns are leaving me flat. I prefer those that are sparkling. My wife gets tired of me wasting time on here when I could be doing something productive. I often champaign in my back and claim the computer chair is the most comfortable. This ruse rarely leaves her bubbly.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Punwit,
If you try to fool your wife, you will be toast.

punwit
Member # 6388

People that are addicted to alchohol have their own organization that backs them up, support, compassion, a stern lecture when called for. I would like an organziation for lovers of alchohol that aren't addicted, one that would bacchus in our daily lives. Whaddya all think?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

All the recent political friction has sparked some (for me, rare) serious contemplation about WMD's It seems that WMD's are now the rallying cry. We keep hearing about so and so has WMD's and that's not fair. If we use our military might to enforce our complaint that it isn't fair, would that be called a fortified whine?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Any Port in a storm Mr. Punwit, Any port in a storm.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trondheim
Member # 4990

It would also take some bols, concidering the currant situation.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

When it comes down to it, though, isn't this all really about gin-etics? I think it will all just fizz-le out slo-ly.

[ September 17, 2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

punwit
Member # 6388

You are so eloquent, Elizabeth. I love how you manage to be so ginteel in your remarks.
punwit
Member # 6388

Did you hear about the waiter that was fired for delivering liquour to a japanese customer that was a devout teetotaler. The waiter swears the man said, "Irish Cream, please".

[ September 17, 2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Not a pun: (Oh, Punwit, my husband served a roomful of AA members creme de menthe parfaits once. Luckily, one of them asked what it was before he ate it.)
Trondheim
Member # 4990

Suggestion for a new movie, mixed version:

Lords of the Binges IV

Synopsis:
Gimlet and Lemonas become bored, and when they hear that Saurignon has kidnapped Queen Genever, they set out on a new adventure. They are captured and thrown in the Bunghole where they have to fight a dangerous Flagon. But Merlot, the whizzered, comes to their rescue. Syrah Lancelot soddenly appears and whiskys the lady away…

There’s rum for improofment. Anyone?
And I need help with casking.

punwit
Member # 6388

It's a good thing it wasn't a fait accomplice.

[ September 17, 2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

punwit
Member # 6388

Trondheim, [Hail] Excellent effort
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
We've really hit the dregs.

If you bite your tongue, is that the same as holding your licker?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hmm. I am not sure, Bob. I will ask my palate the bar.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Wal-Mart is where you go for regular shopping.
If you want to buy in bulk, you go to their Sam's Club.

But they realized there was no place to go for buying small amounts.

That is why the are introducing the Wal-MARTINI.

Its a great place. I am there so often some say Olive at the Wal-MARTINI. The truth is vemouth-ing in next week.

Pardon my Dry wit.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Vodka be the meaning of this?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There does seem to be a twist to this story, Bob. I am straining to figure it out, but it will be neat when I do.
punwit
Member # 6388

My attempts to construct a Lambic pentameter have proved daunting. Each attempt left me stranded up a Kriek without a paddle. You'd never Gueuze how difficult this process can be.

Busy schedule today so I Muscat. I'll return later with more Plzen thoughts.

[ September 18, 2004, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, Punwit, but don't bock down from your word!
punwit
Member # 6388

Elizabeth, do you think our Wit automatically earns us the designation as Weiss guys?

*Schuss away any Weiss guys with sarcastic remarks on their agenda.*

Edit to explain the term schuss since a search didn't immediately reveal the appropriate definition. Schuss is a green (woodruff) or red (rasberry) sweet additive for Berliner Weiss beers that offset the astringent/sour nature of that style of beer. Look for Berliner Weiss mit Schuss. Actually here you go.

[ September 18, 2004, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, I think so. My friend Lee doesn;t, though. When we went to the Bar, Lee Wined a lot.

(Edit: Punwit, you must come and visit so we can go to the Moan and Dove together)
http://www.themoananddove.com/

[ September 18, 2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

punwit
Member # 6388

Elizabeth, I look forward to an opportunity to do just that. [Wave]
fil
Member # 5079

Anyone worried about the new "disease of the month" coming out of southeast asia? While not the Hong Kong Flu, it is draining. For me, I'll pass on getting the India Pale Ail.

fil

punwit
Member # 6388

Apparently there is an antidote out there for those that are interested. It's quite Bitter though.
fil
Member # 5079

And sadly, the minimal dosage is a Pint. Doesn't that seem excessive? You would have thought a Shot would be enough.

fil

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Man, Hurrican Ivan is tough! It slammed Alabama very hard. No sex on the beach last week, for sure. And those mudslides were terrible! It must have been particularly dangerous for those whose houses were built on the rocks.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
When I asked for a Sea Breeze, this wasn't what I meant. No moet hurricanes, please!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, it is almost as of the South has been kirsched.
fil
Member # 5079

I don't know why they skipped right to Jeanne with the Hurricanes. Clearly Harvey would have been next. We had Frances, roof toppler. Ivan, tree thrower and Harvey, wall banger.

fil

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Liz,now that's a cherry thought.

[ September 18, 2004, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Surely, Temple College is safe from this storm?
punwit
Member # 6388

I hate to be an I told you so type but I've never understood those folks that say Florida is such a wonderful utopian like paradise. The hot humid weather is enough to dissuade me much less the hurricanes that shatter the Sangria La myth.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well, I've mulled it over and for all our sake, I hope that's the last big storm this season.
punwit
Member # 6388

I agree, let's hope that the skies remain clear That the days are filled with blue skies and at night the moonshines down on Floridians.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Still at it, I see.
fil
Member # 5079

Can the hurricane references. I feel this thread is not going anywhere, kind of like a lager jam.

fil

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Sort of like a beer jelly?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob, ouzo funny!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone see that movie starring Shiraz a witch?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.