FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » AJ's having puppies! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: AJ's having puppies!
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

Pictures! We want pictures! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, good job ciara! AJ, you're such a good doggy mommy, And it's great you stayed home today with her. Take a rest from hatrack to sit and stare at the babies! 11 seems like a lot for a dog that size (yeah I know they're not that little, but 30 pounds, 11 puppies)

go do this [Sleep] or [The Wave]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Smallest pup is 4 ounces which is really tiny, but so far she's been vigorous. Ciara has been letting them nurse but hasn't truly accepted them yet. I'm inflating the airmattress next to the whelping box tonight.

kwisni, give me a couple of weeks and then it will probably be ok. Right now I'm pretty involved with making sure they all eat properly.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That's almost as many as my uncle's boycan who had thirteen puppies, two of which died. The parallels we drew between Starr and 101 Dalmations were a fun exercise. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez....eleven pups...Molly only had 5 and I'm still paying off vet bills over a year later. I honestly don't know what I would have done, had she whelped eleven puppies. [Eek!]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That is tough, making sure they all get enough nourishment at this point.

Good Luck!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That is a LOT of puppies!! Are you going to keep them all? Have you given them names yet? [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, AJ (and Ciara, of course)! Good luck--that's a lot of puppies.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Let's just say I have to sell at least two pups in order to pay for the vet bill. From that perspective I'm glad there are ten. We made it through the night and they are still all alive and kicking. If we can make it through the first 48 hours things get easier.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

I'd buy one if you were closer.

No, wait - I wouldn't, because I'm just not home enough now to be a good dog owner. [Frown] Oh well, maybe when my life settles down.

But congratulations, and here's hoping you pass that 48 hour hurdle!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Pictures!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I'd buy one, but I already have a dog, and my parents would have a fit.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probly come visit sometime in late march or early april, just cause that's when I have some time off.

I hope the puppies continue to do well.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow 11 puppies. Hope the continue to do well and improve.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Just making sure they're still doing well.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Cindy, my handler, and Lazarus' real owner came here today to help me out. I really appreciated it. SHe was very good about identifying which puppies need the most supplementing and why. Now I know what to look for and know better what to do. Syringe feeding puppies is an artform that I am still learning. We are over 24 hours now and they are all still alive.

AJ

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

I guess I can forgive you for staying home for puppies. [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

Wonderful news! Sorry about the little guy. [Frown]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well we are at 3 days and they are still all with us. Only two haven't put on weight. I need to be more aggressive with my supplementing, but I pretty much collapsed from exhaustion twice which is why they didn't get as much as they should have. Steve took over but didn't get quite as much down them.

Ciara accepted the puppies last night and is now licking them properly which is making my job a whole lot easier. I don't have to pee them every time I feed them. Still don't have pictures up. I'll probably have Steve take some more digicam shots today.

AJ

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, sweetie. What a battle!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeay! [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, AJ! That's a lot of puppies. Congratulations on getting all ten of them this far. I'm impressed at your dedication.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you turned a corner. You're a good puppy tender. [Smile]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*dances* The smallest one is at 6 oz. They are now up to the size they should have been when they were born. And they should have been born about today if there hadn't been 11!

AJ

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for AJ! Yay for puppies! Yay for Ciara!

[The Wave]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Oh, congratulations! [Smile]

Give all the little one pats on the head from us!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!! Congratulations, Banna!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...my husband is going to be in Chi-town this weekend for CoffeeFest. I don't suppose he could stop by and see the pups real quick? I'd totally understand if you guys are still too frazzled for company, but since I can't be there myself, maybe I could settle for puppy-cuddles by proxy [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I put it into perspective last night, a stick of butter is four ounces. Yay that they're all up in the 6 range and ciara has accepted them now.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((AJ)))))))

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine trying to syringe-feed 11 puppies. I thought feeding 3 kittens was hard. [Eek!]

Congrats to Ciara and especially to you for working so hard to help these little puppies. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

PICTURES!!!!
(they aren't great, probably more later as they grow, this is all I've got time for now.)

http://sjonesce.home.comcast.net/LowRyder/puppies.htm

AJ

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my stars, they are adorable!

Congrats!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Stray he's welcome. Email me at bannaoj@yahoo.com if you are serious. However we don't live *in* Chicago proper. It is a little more effort to get out here. We are about 30 minutes (no traffic) to the northwest in Rolling Meadows. With traffic, it can be over an hour. I'd google it and see if it is feasible. We are fairly close to where I-90 and I-290 intersect.

AJ

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
So cute! I'm glad they're doing well.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

AJ -- those are ADORABLE. Thanks for sharing pictures. [Smile]

I wish I really could be serious about getting one... *heart goes out to AJ, Ciara, and puppies*

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

they're adorable! Are red cardigans about the same color as red pembrokes? I'm about to go google this, just curious since I know more about the pembs.
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
So cute!!! Thanks for posting the pictures.

I don't know where in Chicago the convention is going to be; we'll find that out tonight and then I'll email you if the visit will be feasible.

*squees over cuteness some more*

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

oh, sooooo cute!! [Smile]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I
want
a
puppy
now

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
They're so little! I mean, I knew they would be, but...they're so little!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy cow!

(((((AJ)))))

I need to send you some pictures of Tanner with the Care-Bear.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
They are so cute! I love the way Jake is still totally focused on his ball. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*grin* How wonderful!
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm back at work today. The smallest two are holding their own. I'll give them a couple of formula feedings when I go home tonight, for a little bit extra, but they are doing ok. They didn't lose any weight when they had their dewclaws removed yesterday which was very positive.

AJ

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ, how are they holding up now?

How are you? [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Those pics are pretty stinking cute, AJ.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichelleEly
Member # 6737

- posted      Profile for MichelleEly   Email MichelleEly         Edit/Delete Post 
The use of the word "Stinkin'" shows that Ralphie knows puppies! [Razz]

They are some really cute babies!
Michelle

Posts: 152 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.