FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » AJ's having puppies! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: AJ's having puppies!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ just IMed me to say that Ciara's water just broke and they expect puppies soon. [The Wave]

Someone will tell information as it comes in.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW WOW!!!

Dogs sure don't gestate for long... Unless, this is a different dog and I am stupid.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww!!!

PUPPIES!!!

*covets*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*boils water*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
The gestation period is 63 days, and it can go five days longer or shorter, she's at 58 right now.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
*cuts the good sheets into strips*
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*heats up the grill...*

[Razz]

I wouldn't cook the little puppies. Not really.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Cat's are better tasting. [Razz]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

At least not until they're fattened up some.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The other, other white meat.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
PUPPIES!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed we got a puppy the other night. I mean, talk about your weird dreams. I've had dreams that I was gay that didn't confuse me that much.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, puppies!
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Now if only science could create a puppy that didn't grow up.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Refrains from all but a reference to refraining about making a joke about it being AJ having the Puppies*

That's great AJ. [Smile] ((((AJ))))

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's hoping for a safe and easy delivery.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Gay puppies?

You're weird.

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures. I want pictures. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Puppies!!!

Gay puppies? Woa...

Yay for AJ and puppies!!
[The Wave]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I wish I had news, but I don't. We had a rush of discharge at 8:30pm. I was told that I should wait approximately 6 hours and at that point call the emergency vet if nothing had happened.

She's had maybe three contractions and then it's basically all stopped. I just called the emergency vet. They asked if she was in distress. I said no, she isn't, she's basically nodding off and sleeping. The vet said that she's probably just still in the early stages of labor and if she isn't in distress not to bring her in. Basically to trust her and Nature on the subject. She's snoozing so I'll just sit here and wait for her.

AJ

[ February 18, 2005, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
So you feel like a grandma waiting for the grandbaby to finally be delivered?

[Wink]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now if only science could create a puppy that didn't grow up.
Amen, beverly! [Smile] Although the golden retriever on Smallville yesterday was pretty dang cute...
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

No puppies yet. Calling my vet shortly. We both slept for close to 5 hours. She's totally fine, happy, tail wagging etc. If I hadn't seen the discharge, and was going off of her alone I wouldn't be worried right now. The contractions basically completely stopped, she's only had maybe three and none of them were terribbly strong. I can still feel puppy movement inside.

AJ

[ February 18, 2005, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, puppies!!! Good luck, AJ! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for you and Ciara, AJ. If you've never watched an animal deliver, it's grody and fascinating all at the same time. I'm definitely no expert, but Mother Nature did just fine with the kittens I witnessed. I hope everything goes just as smoothly for you guys.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Talked to the vet, no cause for concern yet. He said stay home and keep an eye on her for today, and he predicts that she will have them tomorrow right before closing. So we are on the slow road. I talked to a couple of other corgi breeders and they said sometimes things go fast and sometimes they go slow but basically to trust her.

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. (And give Ciara a scratch behind the ears from Bob, Smokey, & me.)
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Fiazko I have seen a friend's dog give birth before. I actually caught two of the puppies. But, this is slightly different because Ciara's never had a litter before. After the first litter you can generally predict their behavior, but we don't know with her yet what her behavior is!

AJ

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Brave, brave Ciara.

Skilled and loving AJ.

What a team!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for puppies! [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, this kinda sounds like Thomas's birth. Some water comes out, then a whole bunch of waiting. [Wink] Good luck puppies!!!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] Best wishes to Ciara and the new puppies. *gets bubble gum cigars ready to hand out*
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep us posted. Hope all goes well.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, what, are you cheap or something? Hand out Seegars. That's what my dad gave out when I had a baby. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
No more news yet, A.J.?????
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

What are Seegars? [Dont Know]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

How about some milk chocolate cigars from Godiva?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Seegars are the same thing, but from See's Candies. Much better.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

OK. *prepares to hand out Seegars*
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats in advance, AJ! [The Wave]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

We had to c-section her. She wasn't going into labor after 3 shots of pitocin. After the operation it became clear why. She had ELEVEN PUPPIES in there. Basically the uterus muscles were so distended they were like rubber bands that had lost their stretch. They couldn't contract enough to create contractions.

Unfortunately we lost one boy, well he didn't have a heartbeat to begin with. But considering the complications that wasn't too bad. So we have 3 red boys, 2 red girls and 5 brindle girls!

Having to supplement with formula because her milk is coming in slower due to the c-section. Also more of a problem of acceptance/rejection, though she seems to be doing good so far.

AJ

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats, AJ! [Party]

11? OUCH! [Eek!]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

ELEVEN?! No wonder she was huge!

Poor Ciara! Glad she's doing ok, and that most of the puppies are as well.

Sad about the one. [Frown]

But wow, you are gonna have your hands full! One recovering mom and TEN puppies. [Eek!]

Good LUCK!

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - congratulations to both you and Ciara!

And commiserations for the little guy [Frown]

Wow o wow - 10 puppies!

Can I have a brindle girl? Or, if puppies don't like travelling to Australia, can I see photos?

(I have a feeling the latter is more practicable [Smile] )

[ February 18, 2005, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome, Aj. I'm so glad that Ciara is ok, and all the puppies are going good. I can't wait to see pictures!
We had a slightly difficult foaling on sunday while my manager was gone, and I was a nervous wreck. But everything turned out ok.

Edit: Let me know when it would be ok for Ken and I to come see them.

Ni!

[ February 18, 2005, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: kwsni ]

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

11!!!

Ouch.

And poor Ciara, having to have Pitocin... That stuff hurts like all git out. [Cry]

But I'm glad she's doing okay now.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad I'm not a doggie. I think the chances of me conceiving 11 at one time are pretty slim.

Sounded like a rough experience for poor Mama! And the one that was lost. [Frown] I bet it was pretty crowded in there.

[ February 18, 2005, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

Boy - you're going to have your hands full for awhile!

So is Jake a super-stud, or what? [Big Grin]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.