FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "The Office" Being Ported To NBC (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "The Office" Being Ported To NBC
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
So, the original is really good?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried watching it the other night as well. I just couldn't do it. Too painful.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The British version is definitely painful, but unlike most painful sitcoms, it's worth it. Well, for me anyway.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercomplicated
Member # 5160

- posted      Profile for supercomplicated   Email supercomplicated         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone (who likes the show) just watch the season finale?

!!!!!

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
That was the finale? With everybody complaining about each other?

Huh.

Or did I miss an episode?

(If I did, no spoilers, please.)

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You missed an episode.

My reaction was about the same, supercomplicated.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
So is anyone watching the third (American) season?

Jim sending Dwight faxes from his future self has surpassed Dwight admitting he absorbed his twin brother's fetus in the womb as the clip that's made me shoot iced tea out my nose the most.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
That scene was hilarious. This show is still making me laugh a whole lot.

I haven't watched much of the British version but my brother says it is even funnier.

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie - I'm love-love-loving the third season. Every episode so far has been extremely solid. The look Jim gave Pam when she found out he directed Andy to hit on her is possibly the cutest look in all of TV history.

Dwight slapping the coffee out of Stanley's hand due to a message from the future was top quality television. I also loved Stanley's look when the "new black guy" gave him a 'represent' nod. I rewound that look about ten times. However, it still remains that the moment I laughed the hardest has to be in the first season when Dwight was summing up the Purse Girl's attributes, including her nice breasts which were important because "the Shrutes produce thirsty babies."

(I'm assuming you did, too. Congrats! I forgot to say so months ago. [Smile] )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I have two favorite moments so far this season.

The first is when Dwight and Michael go to confront the Dunder-Mifflin executive about closing the Scranton branch, and they practice the scenario, with Dwight as the executive. "Listen, Scott -- this isn't a charity. It's a business. And it's a dying business." / "He wouldn't say that! Be more scared of me." (paraphrasing)

The second is when Karen is recording her Italian-sounding answering machine message. "This is Karen-a Fili-PEL-i !"

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite show so far, ever, was the one where Michael "outed" the gay guy.

"Come here, come on, give me a hug..."

And the gadar backfiring on Dwight.

Priceless.

I was laughing so loud I woke mya daughter up(and annoyed her)

By the way, why is it not on tonight?????

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
They're on break until January or February. That's what most big shows do at about this time because most people are too busy with the holidays to actually watch the show during December and January.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

If I'm not mistaken, next week's episode is a full hour. So, patience will reward us with 60 minutes of Office goodness.

(I'm not good with patience. [Mad] )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ralphie, long time no see!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ralphstress!
Big hug!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Hey! [Smile]

I'm just mostly lurking. Pay no attention.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
To what? [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, I will NOT ask how you are doing, nor will I say I have missed you.
Nope, not asking or saying those things.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.