FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lindsay (Ophelia) is cutting her hair off. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lindsay (Ophelia) is cutting her hair off.
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Attica, Attica.

Um. . . I mean. . .

Pictures! Pictures!

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frisco:
quote:
Mmmmmm, I loves me a beard.
Man, I probably shouldn't have shaved that off, too. [Wink]

[Wink]

[Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch it, Eddie, you're already walking a fine line with the haircut...
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I kid, I kid....I'm much too lazy to shave my entire face on a regular basis. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

Of course! I finally get on aim, and NOT ONE of you is there! Not one! [Razz]
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
In this thread I've seen appreciation for long hair, beards, and chest hair...

It almost makes me want to post a picture.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Lucky...I got distracted by something shiny. [Frown]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...I was off dancing. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It almost makes me want to post a picture.

--Enigmatic

Here, let me!

No need to thank me, that's what sisters are for!

(Although his beard is much longer now.)

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
How much longer?

Fahim's beard is getting a bit straggly - he refused to trim it, and the longest bits are about six or eight inches long. But now, oddly, it's starting to split into two like a natural part. Go figure.

I keep telling him he ought to braid it. That'd be cool. He refuses, and I just can't imagine why . . .

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Quite a bit longer.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's getting a bit long. Thanks for the visual, Eljay. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I am not at all surprised that comment prompted a sister to post a picture. And Eljay seems to really like sharing the Ride the Pig pic. On beard length in the second one, it's a little hard to tell what's the beard and what's the hair.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

It's a good picture. [Smile]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon Enigmatic, that's what sisters are for! Liberally distributing embarrasing pictures of their siblings in potentially compromising positions! LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I said I wasn't surprised, Goody. And, on the grand scale of pictures of me available on the internet, neither of those is even remotely compromising. Not even close.

--Enigmatic
(I'd give links, but I think any resourceful hatrackers should be able to find them easily enough)

Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I applaud those who are donating their hair. You've made some children very happy to have hair again. I know quite a few children with cancer who have lost their hair. Thank you for making a difference.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a picnic today attended by Ophelia. Pictures!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If Frisco is posting pictures, I would like to remind him to take off his shirt and oil himself up good first.

That is all.

*ducks and runs*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

I think we have pictures... but mostly it was video. Video of a bunch of kids sliding down a big inflatable water slide. And uh, yeah, some of us grown ups too. [Smile]

And one of Robert's friends' moms asked Lindsay "if her mom was home".

[ROFL]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she is pretty tiny. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehe...I didn't hear about that!
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I only heard about from Ron today. I was wondering out loud why Jonny's mom seemed so distressed when I went out to meet her as she was dropping him off.

I was trying to fill a few more balloons and snarf a piece of pizza at the same time, so I wasn't outside when the first kid arrived. Ben came in shouting, "Somebody wants a MOM outside!" I rushed out and she asked me twice if I was Robert's mom. We had only met briefly at school functions before, and I'm sure I looked a bit... frazzled.

Plus, there were all these grown ups milling around outside (Ron's brother and his girlfriend, Ben and Lindsay, Nash who had ppicked up the waterslide with his truck, my sister, etc.) I'm sure it was confusing.

DAVE won a heated game of Star Wars OT trivia, but still lost since it only proved he was the biggest nerd among us. [Razz] BTW, Judy bought me the Saga edition with dvds for my birthday, so next time we can have a real showdown. My bet is on Wendy - she almost had you!

[BRAG] I was just about to beat Dave, our illustrious SCAD film graduate, at YOu Don't Know Jack, film edition, when my traitorous computer crashed. [Mad]

But I still claim victory. NYAH!

[/brag]

We re-watched the WenchCon video from this year, starting with the Bard Contest. Nash said he wants to meet Jenny G *innocent blink* I DID tell him she was taken, though. I think it Frisco's indecent body pans that did it. I SOO did not hit him hard enough for that.

[Grumble]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
DAVE won a heated game of Star Wars OT trivia, but still lost since it only proved he was the biggest nerd among us. [Razz]
*sighs* I still can't believe I said 'Leavesden Studios' instead of 'Elstree Studios'.

quote:
BTW, Judy bought me the Saga edition with dvds for my birthday, so next time we can have a real showdown. My bet is on Wendy - she almost had you!
Hey, Wendy was allowed to skip an insanely easy question just because it referred to the Special Edition. When it comes to Saga, she's toast. Toasty toast.

...But I'll take the challenge!

quote:
[BRAG] I was just about to beat Dave, our illustrious SCAD film graduate, at YOu Don't Know Jack, film edition, when my traitorous computer crashed. [Mad]

But I still claim victory. NYAH!

I don't care what anyone says, Ponderosa to me will always be a steakhouse.

quote:
We re-watched the WenchCon video from this year, starting with the Bard Contest.
This is the first I knew about this Bard contest. I was amazingly impressed. Andrea and Judy had me impressed enough, and then came Sarah who completely blew me away. Wowsers.

quote:
Nash said he wants to meet Jenny G *innocent blink* I DID tell him she was taken, though.
Yes, and he made it clear in ways I won't repeat that this fact wasn't viewed as any sort of problem.

quote:
I think it Frisco's indecent body pans that did it. I SOO did not hit him hard enough for that.
I like how Nash was asking your boys, "She has nice hips, doesn't she? Don't you think she has nice hips? Those are great hips."
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

I'm sad I missed out. [Frown]

And the bard competition WAS impressive, as are Jenny's hips. [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And Lucky looks good in a long beard. [Razz]
Taalcon
Member # 839

Oh yeah, Lucky - Ben wants me to tell you that his feelings are hurt for you not coming to see us more often. And no, he won't take 'busy with work' as an excuse. You can take that up with him.
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben wants Lucky to know that Lindsay and he have taken up Kung Fu so that they may commence the asskicking that Abby has coming...or something

Grr...Arrgh

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

I realize that it might be easy to confuse me with Wonder Woman. The hair, the wonderfulness, etc. However, I unfortunately do not share her ability to accomplish tasks at lightning speed. And while I'm forced to work 40 clinical hours while writing at least 15 pages worth of research papers a week, I cannot be pulled away on road trips. Not even to see some extremely cool people such as yourselves. [Wink]
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the fact that you carry a lasso doesnt help set the record straight either.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

quote:
I think it Frisco's indecent body pans that did it.
I prefer "appreciative" to "indecent". You girls are smokin'.

I think I'll carry a camera around the whole time, next year. I'm still kicking myself for not having footage of Abby changing into her Gandalf cloak in front of everyone.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I'm thinking of a special arrangement concerning questionable footage - Everytime somebody sees it, I get to pound you.

It's like residuals, only more fun for me. [Big Grin]

Taalcon
Member # 839

Viewing party at Olivia's house!
Frisco
Member # 3765

If it's okay with you, I'd like to be pounded by you and Jenny.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I think that could be arranged. Grrr.

I don't think you appreciate how traumatizing that was for me. *sniffle*

Frisco
Member # 3765

I apologize for objectifying you.

But, *drool*

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Wait 'til I get Andrea after you! She's really much better at the Evil than I am. I'm all talk. [Evil]
Frisco
Member # 3765

I'm trying to be afraid, but all I can think of is Andrea in a vynil bodysuit, Sexy Boots, and brandishing a riding crop.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I was thinking something more along the lines of "It puts the lotion on, or it gets the hose." Asuming, of course, that that does nothing for you. [Razz]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Just bumped this to say I'm sorry, since I'm a firm believer in public apologies for public offenses.

The truth is, I can't stand to see myself in pictures or on film. This is my problem, not anyone else's, and I had no right to get snippy with anybody. I was the one who showed it, after all, so I have no call to be embarrassed by it. I just am. [Dont Know] Mea Culpa

Taalcon
Member # 839

I don't anyone minded your snippiness. I think people kinda liked it [Wink]

It's like me - people like saying I did things I didn't do just to laugh at how righteously indignant I get when I try to defend myself.

And they do have a point - I am quite unintentionally hilarious when righteously indignant.

Olivetta
Member # 6456

I think... I think I hate the lascivious reputation I seem to have here at Hatrack. I mean, I kid around. I've got a mouth on me, that's true, but I really am very serious about morality in RL. I mean, my husband and I won't watch movies that try to justify or romanticize adultery. We don't have cable, so we can control our input. My family is everything to me... I just don't talk much about the things that are sacred to me, at least not here.

So, when somebody vaguely remembers a thread about somebody having gay cats, it MUST be me, 'cause I'm all bout TEH GAY (misspelling intentional). CT is the one with the manlove kitties, btw. [Wink]

I just want to NOT hurt people with things I say. I get careless. Thanks for understanding.

Taalcon
Member # 839

((Olivia))

I've known very few better people in the world.

Lucky4
Member # 1420

Well put, Dave.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.