FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lindsay (Ophelia) is cutting her hair off. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lindsay (Ophelia) is cutting her hair off.
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
That is all.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Why?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

She no longer wants super human strength.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it long enough to donate to Locks of Love? What style is she going to get? I have about 11 inches I'm willing to part with if I can figure out what short haircut wouldn't look awful on me. [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

she is donating to locks of love, she's taking off 10-12 in. she doesn't know style. she's going today though.
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I did that 2 weeks ago. They got 10-12 in. to donate. Very nice for the summer. And it was free because I was donating it.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Will there be before and after pictures?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
We need post haircut pictures. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Geez, Kayla, great minds think alike. [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

::wonders if mack is making that face because Ophelia is cutting off that much hair or because her of shock that anyone would use "kayla" and "great mind" in the same sentence::

Pictures. Pictures.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Option number one. [Razz]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE chopping my hair off. My hair grows so fast that I can cut it off every year and a half or so. It doesn't get long enough to donate, but it does get long eough to weigh my head down, and it feels so good when i cut it off.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Originally posted by Kayla:
::wonders if mack is making that face because Ophelia is cutting off that much hair or because her of shock that anyone would use "kayla" and "great mind" in the same sentence::

[ROFL]

Seriously, Kayla, you do have a great mind. [Smile]

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I cut mine off and donated it yesterday...must be something in the air.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I think all the hair-cutters should be posting before and after pics.

Come on, get to it!

Incidentally, I wish I'd known about being able to donate hair the last time I got mine seriously cut. What is the minimum length they accept?

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
must be something in the air.
Heat and humidity?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

quote:
Heat and humidity?
I'min Idaho. We have no concept of "humidity".
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
The minimum length is 10 inches.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Thanks!

I don't think I had quite enough the last time I had a serious cut, then. Good to know.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
mmm I just cut mine off last night (actually, my friend did it, and it was technically really early this morning but whatever).

I kinda like it...

a lot.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

EDDIE! PICTURES! *dies*

When I first got my hair cut short, my neck felt naked.

whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

I like my short hair. I have never had it cut this short before. I think it's great!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I donated mine at the end of May, it's so comfortable now, between chin and shoulder length.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Pictures. Pictures.
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I got a haircut yesterday, too...

But no donations, sorry.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Lindsay would be absolutely beautiful no matter what she did with her hair. Can't wait to see pictures!*

Frisco, on the other hand...I'm concerned.

*btw, I'm on phone probation till I finish this big paper, so expect a call in the next couple of days? I hope?

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Sorry, Abby. I'll be attractive again in a year, year and a half. [Cry]

And I should definitely buy a digital camera and get with the times, shouldn't I, mack?

mackillian
Member # 586

YES. [Mad]

I just want to see. I normally don't like long hair on guys, no idea why. But it suited you. So now I wonder how not-long hair suits you. [Razz]

Frisco
Member # 3765

It's not as short as it used to be, but there are plenty of pictures of it short in my Foobonic album, I think.
Lucky4
Member # 1420

What, am I supposed to appreciate you for your personality now or something? For a whole year and a half?
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

She has a point. AND, now jesus can't play tetris. [Frown]
Frisco
Member # 3765

I can cook!
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not ever want to donate my hair to locks of love. I like it better on my head than on the head of a bald child.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Fair enough. Did you have to wear a hairnet or anything when you had long hair?
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Originally posted by Lucky4:
*btw, I'm on phone probation till I finish this big paper, so expect a call in the next couple of days? I hope?

Are you on AIM probation, too??
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think she's on pseudo-AIM probation, which means she can get on AIM if she feels like it [Wink]

Oh, and Lucky? No email, no story...

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Let me chime in with the "missing Lucky on AIM" crowd...come back online! We miss you!
Ela
Member # 1365

Bumped in the hopes Lucky will see this... [Smile]
Lucky4
Member # 1420

quote:
Are you on AIM probation, too??
Um, yeah, what Dave said. [Wink]

School is life right now, but in five short weeks, I should be back on AIM in all my wonderful I-have-no-life glory, never fear!

It's nice to be missed. [Kiss]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I've kept my hair the same length for years now. Am I boring or what?

edit: but I do change the color every few months. [Cool]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never cut my hair off.

(edit: Or colored it, for that matter.)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
not ever?

how long is it, Raia?

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty long. [Smile]

I've trimmed ends, but that's it. I've never cut it off.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
You actually had your hair cut in the early '20s. I would never have guessed you were that old.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually (around here, anyway) the minimum Donateable length is 5-6 inches. The minimum for a FREE haircut is 10 inches.

I had long hair and shed a lot of it after I lots my post-baby weight after the first baby. The new hair cam ein wild and short and curly, so I got what was left of the old hair cut off, and donated it. The security guard at my office looked so distressed when I came into work. He just said, "WHY?" [Frown]

Men are so weird.

Oh, and a fella should have al least long enough hair for a good grip, or it's no fun. [Razz]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and a fella should have al least long enough hair for a good grip, or it's no fun.
Oh, yes. That is why KPC's hair is long on the top.

Well, that and the cowlick.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

Mmmmmm, I loves me a beard.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, me neither. But I may do it in September, just to have a little change. Not really short, just shorter.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

quote:
Mmmmmm, I loves me a beard.
Man, I probably shouldn't have shaved that off, too. [Wink]

[Wink]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.