FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *bangs head to Christian heavy metal* (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *bangs head to Christian heavy metal*
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I've listened to Project 86 since their self-titled albumn came out in 98. They've improved dramatically but my taste in music has changed. "Truthless Heroes" is still one of my favourite albumns.

Wow, the intro song on the site rocks. I'll have to check out this albumn.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I love "Breakfast In Hell"!

I've been modded!

PJ: [No No]
SJ: [Blushing]

[ January 30, 2006, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Swampjedi ]

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Steve, they're quite obviously talking about the same song.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
I've listened to Project 86 since their self-titled albumn came out in 98. They've improved dramatically but my taste in music has changed. "Truthless Heroes" is still one of my favourite albumns.

Wow, the intro song on the site rocks. I'll have to check out this albumn.

Have you listened to their album Songs to Burn Your Bridges By ?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
Steve, they're quite obviously talking about the same song.

Are you sure? I looked on iTunes and there was a song entitled "Breakfast in Hell," by some guy from Texas.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

To answer your first question. No. I haven't. "Truthless Heroes" is the last albumn of theirs I've listened to.

Second question, Yes. I am more than positive. The Newsboys are invariably going to come up whenever a discussion of Christian music presents itself. They or DC Talk.

Edit to add: You probably won't like that song- especially if you like P86. I do, but only because I have fond memories of going to a Newsboys concert before that albumn came out and hearing that song. It was a pretty good show, actually.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is "Truthless Heroes" really good?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yeah. I was trying to find a song that's a good example of that albumn, but I couldn't decide. You could try "Little Green Men" or "Shelter Me" or "S.M.C."

If you really want to listen to a good rock albumn, though. I cannot, cannot recommend "Scenes from a Memory" by Dream Theater more. Hell, I can't recommend Dream Theater enough. Though their shows suck (zero stage presence), their albumns are awesome.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'll look into them.
IB_wench
Member # 9081

- posted      Profile for IB_wench           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
Darn, I just have to get one from someone else. Is pop (a term used for soda) used widely, or just in Oregon?

I heard it's only us who use it.

Here in Canada we call it pop, too. And if you say "soda" we give you funny looks.

It MUST be the same song... how many songs about breakfast in hell can there possibly be, anyway?

PS: Newsboys rock. Also Audio Adrenaline!

Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
"Hell, I can't recommend Dream Theater enough."

[Party] Dream Theater is awesome. Although I liked Liquid Tension Experiment better, since I don't really like the singer in DT (which I think is the only difference between the two).

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

You lose coolness points for using the party graemlin.
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] Can I gain them back since I used to be able to play part of the bassline to one of Liquid Tension's song (I think it was Acid Rain)?
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

The only way you can GAIN coolness points is by being cool. Which is why I don't have any coolness points.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
Pretty soon we'll be seeing; Christian Video games, about missionaries who peacefully kill demons.

Have you gone to the Simpsons' website and looked at one of Ned Flander's son's profile? You can save the heathens by shooting the Bible at them!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a huge fan of Dead Poetic, and I'm not even that fond of hardcore. I just love them. I especially like, "Tell Myself Goodbye" and "Ollie Otson."

And the lead singer is kinda hot. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Song: Breakfast Club
Band: Newsboys
CD: Take Me To Your Leader
Good: It's super weird.
Do I own that CD: yes

Ryan -- Also own that CD -- it totally rocks. I love that song most of all.

Steve - I beg to differ. Many people call "Breakfast Club" by the name "Breakfast in Hell" because that is part of the lyrics -- "they don't serve breakfast in Hell."

quote:
Anyone notice how of all the religions only Christianity seems to feel the need to take over multiple genre's of music and infuse them with their theology
Alcon -- I don't think these young artists are trying to "take over" ANYTHING. They simply like to listen to the heavy metal/rap/rock rhythms and genre, yet the secular versions have lyrics they disagree with, so they develop the same genre with lyrics they can feel comfortable singing along with.

Farmgirl

edit: yeah - I guess I only read the first page of this thread before posting, and didn't realize all that was said on the second page.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.