FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is there only one Deity? Try to describe it. (former: How universal ...) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is there only one Deity? Try to describe it. (former: How universal ...)
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but you obviously weren't too concerned about the thread title to begin with, at least not enough to prevent you from answering the questions.

I guess my point is that suminonA can change the thread title all he wants, but I still don't think he's going to get the results he's looking for. In other words, I don't want suminonA to think that lack of participation is due to the thread title instead of something else.

Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
You're probably right.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW, as I’m “desperately” trying to communicate with you (royal you) in an enjoyable manner, helping me not bother/offend you with my bad expression could have a beneficial effect for more posters here.
When you communicate with your friends in an enjoyable manner, do you whip out a clipboard and say, "Hey, let's all answer these twenty questions about latent racism?"
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
It is sad that because of one (or rather several) bad choice(s) for the thread title, people feel justified to put me down, rather than participate in the topic (not the tread).

As you can see, the latest choice is: “Is there only one Deity? Try to describe it.”

The non-believers are also invited to give their opinion, on the question(s): Is the concept of “God” (as a generic Deity) sufficient to make the divide between believers and non-believers? Do you think that all believers believe basically (in) the same things, but they just got some “specifics” differently?

If more people would try to make a description of their concept of the Deity (what they believe in), we could see how unique/Universal that Deity was, don’t you think?

A.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
When you communicate with your friends in an enjoyable manner, do you whip out a clipboard and say, "Hey, let's all answer these twenty questions about latent racism?"

Actually, a tendency towards that sort of thing (albeit a tad more subtle) is a big part of why my ex is my ex.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, "is there only one deity"?
What, are you trying to imitate the proverbial bull in the equally proverbial pottery shop?

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.