FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sasha wants to ask you all something (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sasha wants to ask you all something
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You do realize that my 7 year old is probably just looking for a date, don't you?

I am in so much trouble when he hits his teens.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Kids are old school. Grandkids are whats happening!
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, no kids.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
None that I know of.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I have been known to refer to mine as "minions."

That's what I call my student workers.
Sadly, I'm pretty sure none of our work-studies would get it if I called them "minions."

Scott, when addressing them it's "you guys"; when referring to them in third person it's "the kids," "my kids," or "my crew."

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
My ex-wife's boss was Connie, and we used to joke that she was Connie's underminion.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I still call them my babies sometimes, though the oldest generally objects to that.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Two daughters, ages 14 and 12. I like "minions," though. [Wink] No goatly kids, but my boss has four. She has no human children, just goats and dogs and a boyfriend. It's kind of a tossup as to which of them is more ... work.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I'm a father.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one son, and he'll be 17 in a couple of days (G'd willing). His name is Ephraim. Which is pronounced like this: eh-FRY-im. I tell people, I don't bake 'im. I don't boil 'im, I fry 'im. His nickname is "Fry". For his birthday, I'm giving him two button up shirts, a new hoodie sweatshirt, a docking station for his iPod that will play the music on speakers and charge the pod up all at the same time. (As a surprise, I'm getting him a gift certificate to the bookstore and to iTunes). And an ice cream cake.

I haven't decided if I will make the ice cream cake myself or buy one at the ice cream shop.

What do you think I should do, Sasha? Ice cream is his favorite food. I bet I could make a really nice one, too. But I probably couldn't decorate it as neatly as the professional ones. Mine would probably look lumpy. Um, homey.

Now you have to tell us if you have any kids.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, no kids.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
children and goats here, too.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
do you have a kid?

I think that's against the rules for me (whether we're talking goats or children).
Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Three, and I call the boys "boybarians".
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided to make an ice cream cake. And since my boy is crazy about cookie dough ice cream, I'm going to make a whole bottom crust out of chocolate chip cookie dough.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I have two of them. I have a word that I call them, although I'm not sure how to spell it. It sounds like "churns" but with two syllables. "Churrins," maybe. And I have no goats, but I am a God-C'aunt* to two nannies and a billy, and the nannies should be kidding soon. I'll be all kinds of kidful!

*C'aunt= My C'nephew's word for me. I am his mother's cousin, but I was partially raised in her home, by her parents. In that way, I filled the role of aunt when he was born. He is the one with the goats.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
No kids (of either sort) for me.

(I don't think they're allowed in the dorms.)

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.