FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's your deepest, darkest secret? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What's your deepest, darkest secret?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I collect antique flare guns.

I have a watch strapped to my inner thigh, just in case.

When I hear "world beat" music, I go all Abo-on-yer-@ss.

I have the mates to all your mismatched socks.

I know why the caged bird sings.

I came up with the idea for double-stuffed Oreos.

If I hold my hand a certain way, it is a perfect replica of an F-16 fighter jet.

I'm stalking you right now.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, stop stalking me. I'm stalking you.
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I've just now called the cops on Bob.

I have a "Grand Funk Railroad" CD, and it's not being used as a coaster.

I own two pairs of undies, but one is only used for nasty spills and clean-up.

I run an underground organ transplant operation. I specialize in prostates.

Sometimes I get really drunk and scream "I love you - Take me back, baby!" at random houses for a minimum of thirty minutes, maximum of two hours.

I... I find CarrotTop entertaining and comedically enjoyable.

Sometimes I ignore the packaging and use the tweezers for things other than their intended purpose.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually Ralphie's illegitimate child. Sorry mom, I can't take keeping that secret any more.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting, I have only two pairs of Ralphie's undies too.

I don't use them for dusting.

I got them off the Internet.

It was Bob's web site.

He was using the money to buy some silly watch.

I watch the watchmen.

Its boring.

I do know where the camera is.

That's why I make those majestic poses.

Stop giggling. Stop pointing.

I am not the walrus. I just look like one.

Everything I type is a lie.

I type the above into every computer I run across.

Contrary to every 60's and 70's sci fi tv show and movie, I have yet to get one computer to explode afterword from a massive logical error.

I have to use a small amount of plastic explosives for that.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Now you're just getting weird, Dan.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
My deepest, darkest secret...

My name is ALSO Dan.

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - you really are for real in an bizarre, humorous sort of way.

I like that in a group of people.

Did you all know that if you stick your finger in your belly button and sniff it, it smells? Amazing, isn't it?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Until relatively recently I had no secrets. Now I think I have 3.
You don't want to hear them though .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

There you go again Ralphie, blabbing my truest, deepest, darkest secret.

I'm weird.

PS. I stuck my finger in my belly button. It didn't smell anything. Do you know if you stick your nose in other peoples belly buttons you get beaten to a pulp?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan's weird? I don't believe it. My world is coming to an end.

My secret is that I'm a Martian telemarketer with five left feet. Wow, it feels good to come clean.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I spend hours each day adding to my giant rubber band ball.

I came up with the original idea for the first answering machine.

I have a birthmark in the shape of the old city of Jerusalem.

I use a hammer and chisel to complete most jigsaw puzzles.

I gave my dog rabies.

I'm making it up as I go along.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Obviously, you are sticking your nose in the wrong belly buttons.

Tis sad but true.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really a computer program written by celia.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been far too long since I had unrestrained access to someone else's belly button. ):
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IndexCard
Member # 4585

- posted      Profile for IndexCard   Email IndexCard         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is really Empress Palpatine.
Posts: 219 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I have a USB port in the nape of my neck.

I make my own cheese and beer in the bathtub and consequently haven't washed in years.

I have one ear that's been pummeled into a shape that is remarkably Ralphie-like. My nose now looks like Dan.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

quote:
My nose now looks like Dan.

Think about that the next time Bob picks on me.

I can can-can. (is the Can-can another name for recyling aluminum?)

I ask strange questions and give strange answers.

I was Shan in another life.

I have been married for over 14 years and still only have unrestricted access to my own belly button. (My wife is ticklish)

I am lint gone crazy.

Its friday and I don't know what I'm saying.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

I control Dan on the last Friday of every month.

I'm actually a cross-dresser named "Desire".

I haven't told my husband.

Before I take a shower in the morning I smell faintly of corn chips.

Sometimes I set up flares around my car in the right lane during rush hour to see how long I can get away with it.

I'm responsible for spray-on butter.

A worm crawled in my mouth and then I ate it.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I was the teacher's pet in a former life. I'm pretty sure I was a Cocker-Spaniel named Rusty.

I have rediscovered fire twelve times in my life.

I once gave a three-hour yodeling lesson to the Pope.

I had all my DNA changed over to RNA and I feel much better now.

I have a watch with a minute hand, millennium hand and an eon hand. And when they meet, it's a happy land.

Icarus
Member # 3162

And here I thought you cleverly made up all your own one liners! What are you going to do when you run out of They Might Be Giants lyrics?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

TMBG might well have written that line, but clearly it belongs to all the world...

But I'm VERY impressed that you knew it was a TMBG line. 10+ points to Icarus!!!

Oh, by the way, I am responsible for doling out points throughout the world.

Shan
Member # 4550

Amazing - I never knew I had a past life.

Was it fun?

Don Driscoll
Member # 4488

- posted      Profile for Don Driscoll   Email Don Driscoll         Edit/Delete Post 
Memo to myself: do the dumb things I gotta do. Touch the puppet head.
Posts: 108 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I AM TMBG; royalties please.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I am Istanbul, not Constantinople.

(long time gone, Constantinople.)

I will not do all the housework my wife is commanding me to. I will not. No way. Not today.

PS:

Ralphie: Does this mean I can blame everything I did wrong yesterday on you? If so, are you ever in deep trouble now.

Shan: I don't remember much of your past life. It could be because of the trauma of death and birth. Or it could be a whole lot of alcohol was involved.

Bob_S: If you give out all the points in life, what is the point of life?

Bye for now. Have to do housework.

Cor
Member # 4295

While Icarus spotted the line, I confirmed it for him, Bob. They Might Be Giants is from my collection. I have about six of their albums from my very twisted period back in the late 80s, early 90s.
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have the mates to all your mismatched socks.

Ooooh, I KNEW it! Curse you, Bob!

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Well, Dan - I think it must have been the alcohol.

Birth and death are such transitory things, after all.

When you are done with your housework, would you help me with mine?

J.A.N.E
Member # 4451

- posted      Profile for J.A.N.E           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no creativity when it comes to screen names. My real name actually is Jane...I guess I am in the same boat as Dan.
Also, my ultimate weakness and darkest secret...my left thumb. Smash it and I will *nearly* die. I have had several close calls.
*guards thumb*

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

J.A.N.E, do you know what's weird? Injuries to my hands are actually some of the only things that can make me nearly pass out or become physically ill. When I smashed one finger once, I went completely white and my husband had to lead me to a chair and have me put my head down. Strange, huh? But when I had major abdominal surgery, I was turning down pain killers afterward, because it really wasn't bother me.
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Another deep secret of mine is that I used to like the color pink, wear bows and pink, prissy dresses; I was so innocent.

Not anymore..

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm sure you're just adorable in pink, with bows!

Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
::glares::..grr..
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.A.N.E
Member # 4451

Cor... that is very similar to what happens to me! I never pass out, but whenever I injure my left thumb I nearly do. Once I bent my left thumbnail back and I spent a half hour in the bathroom not knowing if I was going to pass out or throw up. Luckily my hall mates found me there and brought me juice and a cold rag...they said I was as white as a sheet and very scarily ill looking. It had happened before several times, but I won't elaborate. So it is no joke...if you want to take me down just stomp on my hand and I will be out of comission for a while. Not that anyone here would ever want to do that to me.
*smiles sweetly*
*moves left hand further away from the computer screen*

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

J.A.N.E. has an Achilles thumb!!!

I am secretly molding porcelain girl into a set of fine china.

Whatever I dream comes true with a vengence.

I control my road rage by running over famous authors riding bicycles.

My dog peed on the the tree of life.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited February 02, 2003).]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

One of the voices in my head is an adorable sea otter named "Ozzie". He's mostly responsible for all the fresh fish I catch with my mandibles. Mostly.

I throw empty beer cans at my neighbor's head.

My cat has one hugely engorged nipple surrounded by dried, matted hair from all the nipple-sucking he does to himself.

I eat community beer-nuts in seady bars.

I... I think the Beatles are kind of loopy.

Dan: Am I responsible for last Friday? As long as you never find out where I live, sure.

Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
In my spare time, I keep a journal and write poetry sporadically.

I can find quality programming on the WB.

I'm a good actor.

I'm not really all that evil, but don't ever tell me I'm not, or I'll singe your eyebrows off.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

No--I will not do anyone else's house work. You can't afford my rates.

JANE if you were so unimaginative you wouldn't have put the periods in your name. All you need is to create the real words your name is initial's for. My guess--Just Another Natural Enigma.

Ralphie--I told the police, my boss, and my Italian/American wife that it was all your fault. I wouldn't answer the door for a while if I were you.

JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
I'LL NEVER TELL!!!!!!!!!

fine, if you really insist....

I'm actually plotting world domination and am done with my first two phases.

Oh yeah, I'm actually quite intelligent too.

Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.A.N.E
Member # 4451

Dan_Raven...the periods are purely for aesthetic purposes. To add another . after the E would have thrown my entire name out of balance. I guess you could say I have creative impulses, but none in the way of making up fun catchy nicknames. If I ever try to title something it always ends up sounding really lame.
I do like the sound of Just Another Natural Enigma...people have even described me as being an enigma before. How insightful of you!

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
i now have teacups for hands.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Juniper--Who here isn't planning on taking over the world. You have 2 steps done. I have 4. Ofcourse, my plan has 4,576 steps in it, so you may be a little closer.

Now if only I could find a deep sea submursible and five cases of spam. Then I'd be truly on my way.

J.A.N.E--If I guessed that you were an Enigma, does that mean you are no longer an enigma? Ouch--Brain strain.

Now for my deepest darkest famous secrets....

I know what you did last summer.
but I'm not to sure what I did last Saturday night.

I am really Herbert Jr, and I'm spying trying to figure out what OSC has that I don't.

Heinlein is alive and well, living aboard the Gay Deciever--just not in this time frame.

Tolkien is alive. He sailed off into the west.

Frodo Lives, and babysits for my Aunt on alternate tuesdays. He no longer accepts gifts of jewelry.

Douglas Adam's ghost haunts the local public library. He just floats around and moans, "Censor this you old biddy."

Frank Herbert's secret is out. Spice is actually a Jalopena left in the sun too long.

Mark Twain is riding Halley's comet. He plans to get off, but every time it comes near, he takes a look around the world, and decided to keep looking for better neigbors.

Elvis lives--as a small fried food eating hill outside Memphis.

Poe is definately dead. He likes it that way.

J.A.N.E
Member # 4451

*thinks*
*thinks more*
*and a little more*

Dan,Must have been a lucky guess... considering you never really met me and therefore you could not come to the conclusion that I am an enigma by reading a few posts on a list.
*continues to think*
Unless of course you have some deep dark secret that would allow you to come to those sort of conclusions via Hatrack. *stares at screen looking to see if there is a tiny Dan hiding behind the Submit Reply button*

*snerk*...Elvis...hill...hehehe

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I like listening to static and pretending it's a communication from the mother ship.

I invented the 14th - 32nd Inuit names for snow.

I sell all my empty pens to a guy who thinks they have invisible ink in them.

I am typing this with the severed hand I bought at a yard sale last week.

Porcelain girl is quite a dish.

JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha Dan! I only have 2 thousa d something!
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
I sold Bob the severed hand he bought last week. It belonged to some weird guy who tried to sniff my belly button.

Every junk email you have ever gotten is from me, directly or indirectly.

I'm secretly in love with Grima from TTT. (Though I wish he'd call me)

I boycott paper, so I write on papyrus, and I use a pair of Ralphie's underwear in place of toilet paper. Should probably wash those this week...

Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
I use a pair of Ralphie's underwear in place of toilet paper.

That's a good way to get an infection!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I started a company that makes collision avoidance devices just so I could copyright the slogan To Protect and To Swerve

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.