FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » maui babe Has Left the Forum… aloha (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: maui babe Has Left the Forum… aloha
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
OO
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*sighs* Well, I missed most of the action. Drat. Your posts by themselves are hilarious though. I'm glad Kathy left those in. [Wink]

Three cheers for my beloved @$$-kicking Jatraqueros!! I love you all and you made me proud today!! [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed it all too. [Grumble] I'm sure it deserved being deleted, I just wanted to have seen it before deletion. Stalkers are creepy. [Angst]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I missed it too. *looks again* Actually, now ALL of thatperson's posts are gone. LOL! Now it's really surreal.

Clarification, please from someone who didn't miss the whole thing -- did mauibabe post today? Did I get that right? Because I can't find any posts of hers since Aug. 22. [Frown] And now the post that said she had posted is gone too.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Kathryn
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
She said she's quitting the forum, but possibly just registering under another name and then not identifying herself.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*blinks* Ryuko, isn't that what she said on Aug. 22? I still see no posts of hers (under the sn mauibabe at least) since then.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
That's correct, rivka. maui babe last posted on Aug 22. The thread was bumped by the person whose posts have, thankfully, been deleted.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*applauds Kathy* [Hail]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*pouts* I wanted to send Kathy an e-mail to thank her for the way she handled this, and just being an all together swell person (though not using the word "swell"...) but she blocked her e-mail adress. [Cry]

I guess this will have to do: [Hail] [Hail] ((((Kathy)))) [Hail] [Hail]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hobbes, you could report your own post and just use that as a "We love you Kathy" tribute. [Smile] [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Hmmm, that's an idea... but then I'd feel like I was abusing the whistle icon. I'm just going to hope she keeps track of this thread to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. [Cool] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Kathy: [Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathrynHJanitor
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for KathrynHJanitor   Email KathrynHJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for not being upset with me, people. I just hate acting as censor, and I'm always nervous when I do it.

A couple of points:

If all Ellen M's posts have been deleted, I didn't do it. I'm not aware of her being banned; if ALL her posts are gone, she probably did it herself.

Second, I haven't checked today, but as of Saturday Ellen M had another screen name here -- and this screen name was posting things AGAINST Ellen M. Now that's strange!

Third -- and most important, as far as I'm concerned -- you should certainly be able to email me by clicking on my email address in my profile. If you can't, that explains why I haven't been able to get to you in the same way. I always get messages that you've been blocked from accepting mail from me. Maybe the feature is broken.

In any case, if you ever need me, my email address is KathyHKidd@aol.com. I don't usually write emails just to chitchat, but if you have Hatrack concerns, you can always reach me there.

KHK

Posts: 92 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap, I missed this entire thing. This is what I get for no internet at home.

I'm glad I missed it, though.

It was highly entertaining reading the responses to the now-deleted posts. I'm so proud of Hatrack, Kathryn is defnitely getting my vote for janitor-of-the-year, and I'm strangely delighted to have physical proof of Patrick the Great swearing.
-----------

I spent a portion of this weekend reading Miss Marple mysteries ( [Taunt] at Dante ), and I think Hatrack is our St. Mary's Mead. Everything that happens in the world, happens in a village, and it is only in a village that you get to see it up close. Hatrack is a village. [Group Hug]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"as of Saturday Ellen M had another screen name here -- and this screen name was posting things AGAINST Ellen M. Now that's strange!"

Actually, Kathy, this is pretty common on USENET boards; one way to spot a troll, in fact, is if somebody appears, posts something controversial, and is then replied to immediately by another new poster who rebuts his controversial point in an equally inflammatory way. So far, Hatrack's only had one or two cases of this -- thankfully.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I do that all the time.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adversity of All
Member # 5718

- posted      Profile for Adversity of All   Email Adversity of All         Edit/Delete Post 
No you don't.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be Miss Marple then?
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adversity of All
Member # 5718

- posted      Profile for Adversity of All   Email Adversity of All         Edit/Delete Post 
No! Back to work!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

When I tried to get your e-mail, Kathy, it said either you or an admin (you again [Wink] ) had blocked it. [Dont Know] Anyways, if you can't get mine that's no good either. I'm at hobbes7714@hotmail.com (and hatracksmilies@hotmail.com [Big Grin] but I haven't checked that since I created it. [Smile] ).

Another [Kiss] at Kathy [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I get busy Saturday and miss all the fun.

Kathryn, thanks. You are a great moderator.

Mauibabe, we miss you, whoever you are.

EllenM, I have no idea what you said, but it sounded hysterical.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well besides praising Kathy (which we need more of <<<<<Kathy>>>>> [Kiss] [Big Grin] ) this thread has lost all purpose. So anyone who wants in is welcome to play:

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hobbes [Smile]
katharina
Member # 827

N
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: N

_ N _ _ N _ _ _

Hobbes [Smile]
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
E
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: N, E

E N _ _ N _ E _

Hobbes [Smile]
Kayla
Member # 2403

G
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: N, E, G

E N _ _ N _ E _

I'm going to classs, I'll be back in around an hour.

Kathy: [Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Kayla
Member # 2403

Well, that just sucks.

(Is it enhanced?)

[ September 22, 2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Yes it is. Very good. [Party]

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: N, E, G

E N H A N C E D

Hobbes [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hobbes [Smile]
katharina
Member # 827

O
Hobbes
Member # 433

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: O
O O
-------------

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 22, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathy, not only do I hate it when people register screen names that aren't real, but I'm wondering if you can tell us what her new screen name is?
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Jeez, that's a pretty long charecter. [Razz] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Kayla
Member # 2403

First of all, your name isn't Kathy. [Razz]

Secondly, I'd like an A please.

[ September 22, 2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

[Razz]

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: O, A
A O O
-------------

[EDIT: Forgot to delete a space after the 'A' [Embarrassed] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 22, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Kayla
Member # 2403

I, please.
Kayla
Member # 2403

As in eye. I, you know.
Hobbes
Member # 433

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: O, A, I
A O I IO
-------------

Hobbes [Smile]
Kayla
Member # 2403

T.
Hobbes
Member # 433

code:
  ________
| |
|
|
|
|
------------

Guesses: O, A, I, T
TA O ITIO
-------------

Hobbes [Smile]
Kayla
Member # 2403

Juxtaposition?

(If that is right, I'm going to quit playing and let others have a chance. [Wink] )

Hobbes
Member # 433

[Eek!] That's right! [Eek!]

[Party]

Hobbes [Smile]

Kayla
Member # 2403

Yeah, we stopped watching Wheel of Fortune a long time ago because it would drive my husband crazy. It had actually been so long ago that he'd forgotten how much he hated watching it with me. Recently, while waiting for something to come at 7, he flipped it on WoF ('cause that was the channel he wanted to be on at 7. I'm happily typing away on the computer, not paying attention to the show, and he starts talking. He's trying to guess the phrase. Now, this is distracting me enough that I look up to figure out why he's talking to the TV. Of course, I say what the phrase is and he made some comments about my parentage and . . . well, I promised not to say another word as long as he stopped talking to the TV. [Big Grin]
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Hail] [Hail] Kayla [Hail] [Hail]

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Our research goddess has ANOTHER hidden talent! Quite impressive.

My question now is, has mauibabe come back under another name? She said she might and I feel bad for her if she did cause she can't ever come forward cause of that libelous wacko...but if she's here, I hope she gets comfy and joins us for some fun. (((mauibabeunderanothername)))

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
She probably already *is* back, y'know? She could be anyone!

Even you!

*eyes Narnia suspiciously*

[Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I miss a couple of days online due to illness and everything hits the fan. I'm just as glad I missed it all, to be honest.

I have to say, I did get a good laugh out of this one, though.

Back to my other name now.

Oh, and Katharina, I'm sure looking forward to meeting you in Honolulu next month.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.