FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » maui babe Has Left the Forum… aloha (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: maui babe Has Left the Forum… aloha
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of days ago, I tried to log into my yahoo.com email account, and my password didn’t work. After 3 or 4 tries (thinking I had caps lock on, or had hit the wrong key or something) I went to “sign in help” and learned that my account had been deactivated due to violations of the Yahoo terms of service. As some of you know, I’ve been under constant harassment for the last two years, most of it online – through email mostly, but some of it reared its ugly head here, and I suspected that this was just more of the same.

After sending an email of protest to Yahoo.com, I came over here to Hatrack, and what do you know, I couldn’t log in. My password had been changed, both here and on the Nauvoo forum (apparently they don’t know that I also occasionally post on Ornery…) I complained to the moderator and learned that my password and my email address had been changed… (Instead of abcedfg6@yahoo.com, it was now abcdefg22@ yahoo.com. Incidentally, this is not a new tactic for my stalker, she has set up other email accounts one or two digits off of mine before… she has WAY too much time on her hands, apparently).

I was able to get my profile information changed, fortunately, but I have to say I am fed up. The person who is causing all of this grief does not even know me. She lives >3000 miles away from me. I’ve tried ignoring her, hoping she’ll go play somewhere else. That hasn’t worked, obviously. When I don’t respond to her malicious emails, she finds online forums to use to attack me; she breaks into my adult children’s email accounts and sends me and my friends and family hateful (and libelous) messages; uses my extended family members’ email addresses to harass me; breaks into my (now ex-) husband’s account and lurks there for months… sending me messages that I thought were from him. There’s actually more that I could go into, but it makes me tired thinking about it, and you good folks really don’t need all the sordid details (I wish I didn’t know them either).

It is absolutely ludicrous that a (supposedly) adult person (she has 3 grown children… she’s not a child) would spend so much time and energy trying to aggravate me. Because she’s not doing anything else, really. She’s not hurting me in any objective way. But I’m so tired of being attacked. I’ve changed my email account numerous times over the last two years. I’ve been careful to try to be as anonymous as possible in my online postings (even changing minor details, just to obfuscate things a little more). I’m fairly certain that she’s lurking even now, here on Hatrack, and may feel the need to tell “her side” of the story like she did before, masquerading as my ex-husband. I suppose that’s her right. She probably does have some twisted explanation for why I need to be punished by someone I don’t know.

But I can’t take anymore of this. As much as it galls me to make significant changes in my life due to someone else’s immaturity and maliciousness, I’m leaving Hatrack as maui babe. I’ll sign on again soon with a different name, because I don’t want to give up the forum entirely. But for now, I’m gone.

With much Aloha. [Group Hug]
maui babe

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Youse want I should take care o dis person?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Before you do leave and get a new user name, how about a big Luau in your honor? Ya, I probably spelt that incorrectly.

::brings out the twirlie torches and the Tiki statues and a roasted pig::

::and pineapples::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it's time for you to start chosing better passwords... [Smile] Hint: 1) use numbers in it, or even better 2) words from foreign languages, or best 3) words from foreign languages that don't use the Latin alphabet (meaning that they have to be transliterated and not everyone transliterates the same way) [Cool]

Besides that, it really is crappy that someone out there is being such a little punk. [Mad] I'm sorry you're still being plagued by their juvenille pranks. [Frown]

We look forward to seeing you again soon. [Smile]

[ August 22, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
This has to be one of the worst ways to leave. I'm glad you will be back

((Maui Babe))

and if our mysterous stalker is listening out there? I don't know you. I don't know why you are doing what you are doing? But you are behaving like a whiny, selfish, bi... moron.

You are not welcome at Hatrack. Please leave.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear it. I'll miss you - but I'm glad it won't be for long. [Smile]

*hugs and best wishes*

[Wave]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
:::hugs maui babe:::

So that thread from a while back was this stalker person (assuming girlfriend/new wife of ex-husband)? Grrrr. No one should have to put up with this crap.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the ID theft I've heard of in the past, that one has to be the most infuriating!

Hope to see you soon.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
It must take so much time and energy to do this stuff. It boggles the mind. It's like saying, "It is now my life's goal to annoy you."

[Confused]

Well, hon, good luck avoiding the bazy critch, and hope we see ya soon.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's awful mauibabe. [Frown]
I remember you saying stuff about your cyber-stalker. I didn't know it had gotten this bad. What an immature brat she's been. I would be so angry if someone messed with any of my passwords. Can the law help? Vicious e-mail's are one thing, but does logging onto any online account which is not yours constitute fraud? You might look into that. I'm sure the mods here would cooperate.
On the other hand, a hands-off policy might be best. I second the advice about passwords. I wonder how she got your hotmail pw???
Good Luck, mauibabe.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm really big and can be very intimidating if I want to. Know where this person is so that I can show up dressed in black and sporting a crowbar?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Sing it, Olivet.

*hug* This is the saddest, sickest stalker story I've heard, and it sucks. So bizarre.

But I'm glad you can play a little bit still. [Smile]

That's sweet T_Smith did a hula for you. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that whole ex-husband thing was fishy. ^_-

This, indeed, ranks among the lamest things I've ever heard. I'm really sorry, mauibabe. [Frown]

But I'm glad you'll be back.

(Crazy Stalker Person - As Dan said, you are not welcome at Hatrack. Please seek psychiatric help as your behaviors are not that of a healthy mind.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Stalkers suck. [Frown]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go T... just for you

Welcome to the luau
Preparing the imua
I believe you requested pineapple?
And naturally, some dancing girls
What's a luau without a fire dancer?

That's the spirit of Hawaii... never miss a chance to have a luau. [Party]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks, MB...

See you again someday, though we likely won't know it's you. (for the best)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((maui babe))))))))))

[Razz] to the stalker.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

My god, does anyone else here SOOOOOOOO not care about all this drama? maui babe is gone, and it's done.

Stop posting.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
So... uhh... does one of the moderators want to give me her IP log?

Just curious. [Roll Eyes]

EDIT:
Okay, firstly, I think I speak for all of Hatrack when we say, we don't care. Secondly, I'd be exceedingly happy if one of the moderators would delete the above post since it likely contains private information (I havn't read all the way through it, I don't care enough to) that is at the very least uncouth and at the most slanderous. Thirdly, someone else respond civilly, because I'm really really angry right now and need to play a violent video game to cool off. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

[ September 20, 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

STOP POSTING.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
EllenM's post ought to be deleted. Has anyone reported it? (Oooo, maybe I'll get to use the whistle-blower icon! [Razz] )

...personal fueds from offline don't belong here. If I had my druthers, online personal fueds would go too, because those are so far beyond lame that it's just sad.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
But twinky, that would mean I would have to stop disliking you. [Smile]
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
(tweet)
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I just reported it. Still angry. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I just got a funny e-mail. I wonder who it's from. [Smile]
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
What part of "shut up and go away" don't you understand? [Mad]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

Yeah. I'm sure she's leaving because she just can't stand stalking you anymore and stealing your passwords and harassing you. [Roll Eyes]

Okay. I'm really going now, before this stops being a family forum. [Frown]

Ficklefiend
Member # 4982

- posted      Profile for Ficklefiend   Email Ficklefiend         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How I got her password. She has a habit of making her secret question the hint for her password i.e. hoot, hoot. I know that she is a Harry Potter fan so I put hedwig in for her password.

This is the same person who broke into her husbands email account, had her daughter spy for her - take stuff out of our personal files and forward emails out of my husbands account. We can't go to church without hearing an attendance report, because she's got her cronies in Idaho keeping tabs on us from 3000 miles away.

And she expects privacy, what nerve!

Oh, I did delete her account after changing her password, but she changed it right back to hedwig. She is soooo dense.

This is illegal.

Thank you for confessing.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
It's still breaking in if the door's unlocked.

Wise up

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Please stop posting. You're not causing anyone to come over to your side in this fight. You're not doing anything except making yourself look like an ass.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ficklefiend
Member # 4982

- posted      Profile for Ficklefiend   Email Ficklefiend         Edit/Delete Post 
Police tell people to watch out for pickpockets (which is what you REALLY are, EllenM). That doesn't mean that they send the victims of petty theft away because they didn't heed wise advice.

It is identity theft. You can try and justify it away as much as you want, but I believe that you know that what you did is wrong. As in sinful.

I should know. I'm a fiend. We're all about sinning. But hey, thanks for being open about your own sins. Me, I'd cover them up as much as I could. Your conscience must be REALLY burned to be able to declare from the rooftops that, yes indeed, you tried to PICKPOCKET someone's identity.

Unfortunately, now everyone here knows not to trust you. Oops. Ah, well, since they're curious about you, they'll do a little research. . they find out you're MORMON. And a little black mark will go up in their sub-conscious minds against that religion.

So your efforts aren't entirely wasted.

Thanks again.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
>> But twinky, that would mean I would have to stop disliking you. << (HDD)

[ROFL]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5710

- posted      Profile for 5710   Email 5710         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand Ellen, what are you trying to do by telling us all of this?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
foot. ass. up.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ficklefiend
Member # 4982

I LOVE IT!

The old, 'She did it to me first!' justification scenario!

Brilliant! An oldie but goodie, if ever there was one. Really, this is one of the best tactics ever. Blame (or claim-- in most cases, it doesn't matter) your victim for the same crime which you are accused of.

But alas! Your presentation is not strong enough to overcome the disbelief of your audience. They already do not trust you. This seems another pathetic attempt to justify what they already see as obsessive, malicious behavior.

They care about you less now than ever.

Any six year old knows that in order to pull this off you have to. . . have to what? Come on-- you're a mommy. You can finish this lesson all on your own. . .

Or maybe you won't. Maybe, you'll mend your ways.

I really doubt it.

I look forward to critquing your next justification.

Better luck next time. Keep trying-- you'll get the hang of it.

[Evil]

Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
the bazy critch
Olivet, this is the GREATEST phrase you've coined yet.

It warrants Frivel and Schleck. I'm sorry to report however, that Frivel and Schleck both do not have high hopes for this thread lasting long, nor do they wish to waste their time trying to make the phrase 'EllenM' fit into a rhyme scheme.

My apologies.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
So?

The bump on my sister's forehead proved that I bopped her with a cast-iron pan when I was ten and she was six. But that didn't give her the right to chase me with a steak knife and try to stab me with it.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I've always aspired to be an idiot! [Big Grin]
Scott R
Member # 567

You've failed, Mack.

Failed utterly.

[Razz]

quote:
6. I’m just having fun watching your self righteous idiots being moralistic
MY self-righteous idiots? Dang, they need to get their act together, and clean up the kitchen!

As for moralistic. . . well, someone's gotta have morals, and I sure as heck hope no one's listening to YOU!

[ September 20, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

mackillian
Member # 586

Dammit, Scott. There go my hopes and dreams...

I typed Scoot at first. Can I call you Scoot?

Scott R
Member # 567

Sure. Scoot is good.
mackillian
Member # 586

[Big Grin]

Scoot it is!

WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

*reenters thread*
*gets angry* [Mad]
*goes back to playing Unreal Tournament*

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Get out. Get out of our forum, and never come back. This does not belong here. This is stupid, petty, insane, and bordering on illegal. Maui Babe, whatever her faults, is a respected member of this forum, and you have no right to go around spreading her private information, and trying to ruin her reputation. I don't know what she did to you, frankly, I don't care. But you do not get to add this forum to your list of battlegrounds.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe if no one responds, she'll just go away... (hint, hint)

[ September 20, 2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derailatrix
Member # 5712

- posted      Profile for Derailatrix           Edit/Delete Post 
This looks like the thread for me! So, who wants to see my hula moves?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4. Privacy on the internet is an allusion.
[ROFL]

I love this line. It made the whole thread worthwhile, just to know that every time I refer to privacy on the internet, I'm making an allusion. Now all I have to do is figure out what I'm alluding to. The Iliad? Naked Lunch? Finnegan's Wake? It's a puzzler. [Roll Eyes]

[ROFL]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Hula Bowl moves headquarters

Is anyone else really upset about this?

*sniffs sadly* I liked the old headquarter place!

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*cough*borderlinepersonalitydisorder*cough*
Scott R
Member # 567

Ellen:

There seems to be a serious ethical disconnect in your mind.

You are able to see that impeachments on YOUR privacy are wrong; but seem to feel no compunction about breaking others privacy.

That's why no one trusts you here.

Do you understand that what you did to maui babe, especially from the point of view of people who spend a great deal of time discussing and community building on the internet (i.e. this forum), is tantamount to theft?

If not, consider yourself informed.

Also, a technical note: there's a big difference between someone with borderline personality disorder, and a sociopath.

Your behavior, the only behavior we've observed in this thread, is closer to exhibiting instability than maui babe's.

[ September 20, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.