FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reasons to hate hatrack (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Reasons to hate hatrack
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The seeming need for certain people to inject themselves into a fairly calm, rationale discussion with little seeming purpose but to generate heat and not light.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
#23 Someone using my funny and lighthearted thread to vent in a serious tone.

Valid though the venting may be, this is not the thread for it. I wouldn't start a thread about hating hatrack if I thought any serious reasons to hate it would appear. I respect the hosts too much.

Get with the spirit, Dag! Say something funny!

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
On the other hand, if you were being ironic, Dag- that's pretty funny
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
#55a--being a newbie and having absolutely nothing to contribute to what must be a funny thread, based on the parts I could comprehend with my limited understanding

#55b--realizing that compared to those of you who joined before time was counted in years (how long ago was "A Long Time Ago," Belgarath?), I'll always be a newbie! [Hail]

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Brown-nosing newbies.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
We're up to the six thousands now?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
#841: Member numbers in the 6,000s.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch!
Could someone please pass the offense? I think I definitely need to borrow a little bit from whoever had it last! [Frown]

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. Offending you is just our way of saying "we care". [Smile]

And we've been in the 6000's since December.

[ March 08, 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Claudia Theresa does not have more degrees than me and Bob is not wittier than I am. I just hold back in my posts to keep you all from developing an inferiority complex.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonniet
Member # 240

- posted      Profile for bonniet   Email bonniet         Edit/Delete Post 
And Slash, Just in case you think you've been around longer than I, I thought I'd add this post from my original user name.

The Rabbit

Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what's funny? I had NO IDEA that Rabbit was Bonnie, even after all this time. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you've never checked my profile Tom.

You want to try to guess my last name? I'll warn you, its a heart ache!

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't generally check profiles. Like, practically never. All I know is what I read in the posts, y'dig? [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I dig Tom. But since I've hardly ever posted as Bonnie, It's never been an issue.

I think I avoid using my real name on line because in my mind, it tends to be associated with "wee lass", and while I am indeed a small woman, I'm only a small woman on the outside. Life has taught me, that people often discount ones ideas when one is small and feminine, so on the internet I enjoy having people get to know me first by my ideas before they are biased by any preconceived notions about people of my size and gender.

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

So...you'd be "The TALL Rabbit" then?

Anyway, I agree. That's personally why I didn't use "Fat, 17-year-old, Short, Hometaught, Christian, Prescott-Arizonan." That, and the dang character limit. [Mad]

[ March 09, 2004, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
So you changed your "wee lass" name into a cute, furry little animal? [Razz]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a ferocious rabbit! with big nasty teeth!
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Sorry, don't buy it. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Clearly, you have never played the game Killer Bunnies
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
#24 Rabbit is smarter than you, but is also a bit touchy, so approach with caution and avoid angering the right nasty rodent.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Um... you mean these guys?

I've never read Watership Down nor seen the Holy Grail. So there, you little cute bunny you... [Kiss]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

I have also observed, that people nearly always assume that I am male online until I (or someone else) corrects them. I'm not sure what that means.

The great thing about "The Rabbit" is that there is alot more to it than just a small furry animal. Their are all kinds of cultural references from "Playboy" to "Bugs Bunny", from "Monty Python" to the "Velveteen Rabbit". It has great latitude.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Hey, rabbits are not rodents. We are lagomorphs. I want that clearly noted in my biography.
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

You can't go half way with the Python references. Either you're a right nasty rodent or you're not. You don't get the benefits without taking the designation.
vwiggin
Member # 926

*is a rabbit under the Chinese Zodiac* [Cool]
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Who says you can't go half way with Monty Python references? I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

And besides, it is not "right nasty rodent" its "the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Yes, there is a rabbit under the chinese Zodiac. The next year of the rabbit will be in 2011. I expect Hatrack to spend the entire year producing prose to honor me. (Assume that Hatrack hasn't morephed into something far different by then).
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Honor us. You meat to say honor "us" right? [Razz]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, I promise pages and pages of prosy praise if you resurrect the Ask Dr. Rabbit thread. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Tyler = wee lass? I feel like I'm missing something.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Tyler = wee lass?

Only if you are lost in France.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Oops. Jon Boy can't read. I thought you were saying that you didn't like using your last name because of the association with "wee lass."
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Bonnie Tyler sing Total Eclipse of the Heart? I love that song! Thanks!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still reeling from Tom saying "y'dig."
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Could someone please pass the offense?
Hey, Shepherdess. Most newbies don't even get noticed. [Big Grin] Welcome to hatrack!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digory Holmes
Member # 6305

- posted      Profile for Digory Holmes   Email Digory Holmes         Edit/Delete Post 
#7003 : Paranoia-inducing alter egos.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

#25 NO ONE expects the spanish inquisition!
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
No one may expect it, but, golly-gee-whiz, it was always a great bit.
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Where is that comfy chair, and the soft cushions?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

#26 Of our 6000+ members, remarkably few of them have been confirmed "not stalkers".
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly is a "stalker"?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

To stalk.

1. To pursue by tracking stealthily.
2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.