FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If Bob were a woman or dkw were a man... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: If Bob were a woman or dkw were a man...
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't opened up this thread for days because I was worried that it WAS another homosexuality thread, and my blood pressure's high enough.

Congratulations, you two.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, how long is this engagement going to be?

A couple months, a couple years, a couple hours?

We need time to plan things here.

We need to arrange a Hatrack Bridal Shower.

We need to arrange a Hatrack Bachelor Party.

Banana pointed out in an earlier thread, you could be Man and Wife by Saturday. That would be SOOOOooooooo unfair. We need time to spoil our most creative couple.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough, I wasn't shocked when I finally figured this out (took a little reading through) - wasn't expecting it, but it wasn't shocking.

Produced an immense grin that is, of course, impossible to really explain to colleagues here. (The fact that I am a romantic deep inside is a secret that Diane helps me keep.) [Smile]

There are very few pictures I've seen recently that can compare with the pure happiness radiating from the both of you.

This is great! Congratulations!

And, while it's not at all relevant, it certainly made my day more than a little righter and brighter.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
In true Hatrack spirit, Bob, I think you should insist on saying "I do." before the minister asks the question.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet delicious blueberry cheesecake!

Wow.

Congratulations!

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
First I thought they were engaged, then married, then I realized they were engaged, either way: [Big Grin]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
This is incredible... stupendous... awesome news. I am dumbstruck. You guys are so lucky to have found each other. Congratulations!!!!

I have one word for you.... webcam. How else will any of us get to see you two get married beyond, of course, hopping on a plane or a train or an automoblile and caravaning to the lovely nuptials. (I wouldn't put it past any of us, btw.)

You know... Hatrack is basically your built-in wedding planner. You have a photographer in Mack, invitation designers in Annie and the other Jatraquero artists, plenty of food planners, and any number of other duties. But, perhaps that's just a little too much for now. Plenty of time for details to come.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'm so happy for you two!!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] ! Congratulations much much much! [Big Grin] !
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
psst Dan, dkw gave us a hint as to timeline on this thread
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=022507;p=3

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I'll put it in my calendar
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
See, this is what comes of minding my own business and staying out of anything that even looks mildly like a gay marriage thread. (((Scott R)))

I love it when a plan comes together. :pirouline stick cookie instead of cigar dangling from lips:

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Help the idiots that don't get the number code. What does that mean?!!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
The code means you're an idiot. That way they get their point across whether you crack it or not.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Taunt] I KNEW that!!

quote:
Let us all know if you decide to start dating.
[Laugh] at MrSquicky.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
here's a hint on the number code

1/24/60/60

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Ooh, thats CBS's new Sunday Lineup. They'll be number one with 24, Sixty Minutes. Sixty Minutes again.
Narnia
Member # 1071

AJ. I'm baffled. Still. I don't think my brain works like that.

January 24, 2120? No?

Hm. I think Dan must have it. [Smile]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My calculations must be wrong, unless they're getting married on a Monday??
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan_Raven: Why, exactly, do you think I registered? I'm maid of honor... in charge of Bridal Showers. [Big Grin] Dana didn't think it would be necessary for a Hatrack shower, and I kinda told her it was undoubtedly going to happen regardless, the only question was if she was gonna acknowledge it or if it would be a surprise.

Olivet: Our family is way weirder than anyone here. [Razz] No worries about anyone freaking out.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my golly gee whiz! Holy smokes! I just now see this thread? Lordy -

You both are sure sneaky!

[Big Grin]

Congratulations - what a wonderously happy picture!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, you two. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I've been out of the loop for far too long...

Congratulations!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

[Hat]

[Hail]

[Party]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

-Bernard and Mayday

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
This is great, guys! I'm so happy for both of you! [Smile]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody ought to dig up the Hatrack headlines thread.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO WONDERFUL!!
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Congratulations!! [Smile]

So, when and where is the wedding? What hotel is nearby? I'm willing to stand in the back. [Smile]

WoW!!!!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Om my gosh!

I go on vacation for 1 day and this is what happens. This is for real? That is so cool!

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you can guess what my response is...

I'm so happy for you two!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
It's true, right? Really? Not a joke?

I am SO psyched!!!!!!!!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
See what happens when I don't read every new thread every day? I miss stuff.

Congratulations, Dana and Bob. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

This is what happens when it's production week and I slack off on Hatrack! Never again!

Conrats!!!! I'm SO happy for you!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, all kidding aside, the wedding will be April 2, 2005, in Ames, IA. And if you’ve been around Hatrack enough to consider yourself a friend to either or both of us, we’d like to have you there. We won’t be sending out formal invitations for a few months, and we’ll need addresses and such, but we can work out the details later. Mark your calendars now. (You can consider this your “reserve the date” card [Wink] )
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Dana)))

You and Bob are my new wallpaper.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*speaking from dead*

NARNIA! How is it that I managed to miss you being online!? Has this happened often??? [Wall Bash]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
CT! Me too! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats to the ecstatic couple. [Smile]

[The Wave]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, my! It really is true! that is the coolest. Congratulations.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
We've got better pictures. Although, I think Dana's red eyes really came out great in that shot, she'd probably like to think of you all using one of the others.

I look equally bad in all the shots, so whatever...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you guys get my red-eye fix version? I sent it to Dana...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
bob,

you lucky plucky lyrical genius, you.

*melts*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!!

Hee hee hee hee hee

Think y'all should do BobnDanaCom [Smile] , I mean, at least for folks like me who like your posts but don't post much... like maybe we could crash the reception?... or crash the post-reception? Or, heck, you could just invite us all along on the honeymoon...

(dkw, if you're planning any eggplant dishes for the wedding, I'll be happy to send ya big amounts of tahini if you want to make baba ganoush!) (i.e, we make tahini where I live) [Smile]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hmm. I like the giant party after the giant party idea, too.
Raia
Member # 4700

Oooh! Oooh! I can make baba ganoush!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Raia, can you make the baba ganoush warm? The first time I had it, that is how they made it(because the eggplant was still hot) and it was soooo good.
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
It just isn't a party without baba ganoush...
Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There is a new Morroccan restaurant near us, and I had some of their baba ganoush at party they catered. It was SOO good. Lots of garlic, and maybe a HINT of mint? There was a taste I couldn't quite place.

I hope planning the food for the wedding after-party that hasn't even been planned by the bride and groom isn't considered thread derailment...

edited for typos I swear I checked for.

[ March 28, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

*high fives rivka* Our name (BobnDanaCon) for the wedding stuck! I'm so proud!! [Smile]

Raia dear, I'm online in spurts, only briefly, and not very often, so that why I always miss everyone. [Frown]

Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Raia, can you make the baba ganoush warm? The first time I had it, that is how they made it(because the eggplant was still hot) and it was soooo good.
I can make it any way you want, Elizabeth. [Wink]

And Narn: [Kiss] I'm talking to you right now! YAY! *excited*

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.