FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If Bob were a woman or dkw were a man... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: If Bob were a woman or dkw were a man...
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] I've been *trying* to figure out how to work "tassle" into this. Boy does it steam me that someone got there first!

We're starting to run out of puns, I think. Pretty soon we'll all be resorting to combining words like Icarus did in his pun.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SillyMe
Member # 6395

- posted      Profile for SillyMe   Email SillyMe         Edit/Delete Post 
And *I* was trying to work in "combine"! [Razz] So we're even.

tassle? not tassel? Hm...... [Blushing]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh MY GOODNESS, the intense agony! I could not find my password, and was unable to post when puns were happening.

It was sooo earie!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm through mucking around with you people.

<okay, that was obscure, unless you've lived near the Florida muck farms>

I think these puns are boring, insects!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
The puns are just popping up all over.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

(Noemon, have faith, we can still grind this topic into dust.)

I am just pleased that Bob and Dana will be living in such hominy.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz...you're repeating already used puns. One more like that and we'll make you leaf.

[ March 31, 2004, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Actually, I think I'd better stop making corn puns now. I feel like I've been cotyledon you on.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hey, I just realized Smokey is going to become a corn dog!!!
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sow what.

Telling puns are a reapping good time.

(Would you rather we be doing wedding puns? I figured you were saving them for the wedding vows)

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, Bob, I disagree. I think I really rows to the occasion, myself.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

And Dan, your pun was really a pollen.
Noemon
Member # 1115

::groan::

[Edit--to both of Elizabeth's puns]

[ March 31, 2004, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Noemon,
I'm sure you meant to write "growin'"

Noemon
Member # 1115

Aaaaugh! A perfect opportunity for a pun, and I missed it! Quick, check and make sure I still have a pulse!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]

Truth be told, ethanol of you are bad.

oil be damned!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob, why are you frittering away so much time in this thread?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

'pone my word, I have no idea what you mean.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Sure, Bob, but we all know you are a corn man(Say "corn" with Boston accent to get pun)
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, are you still going to be this corny the night of the wedding?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, you're all a bunch of flakes. But I'm still chexing this thread out every day.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm amaized - y'all just pop off and pun without me?

*puffs up and stalks out*

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I'll run crop circles around all of you.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob and Dana,
I predict your baby will be knee high by the fourth of July 2006.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Now this is starting to irrigate me!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. My. Goodness!!!

When did this happen?!?

Nevermind, I see when it happened... CONGRADULATIONS to you both, but especially you, Dana! [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag, I'm gonna have to give you a good threshin.'
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Especially Dana?

Bob is the lucky one.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Boon, I've got a bushelfull of happiness.

[Big Grin]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dan's right.

You have NO idea!!!

[Wink]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

yeah, but Bob, with all your traveling, all you'll have in the bank is chicken feed by the time the wedding rolls around.
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

That's exactly what I meant Dan, but I've had some blood sugar issues lately, and my brain isn't working properly. [Big Grin] Yeah...I'll stick with that story!

Bob, you are one lucky, lucky man. And I can't think of anyone more deserving of your quirky, kind presence than Dana. I wish you both all the best.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Boon, I think you need a tablespoon of corn syrup.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Actually, we both got tired of being silo acts.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I'm a starch advocate of rooting out puns.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

dag, would please stop buttering Bob up?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Oh, hushpuppy!
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(beats all punsters to death with stalks of corn)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am tired. I will see you all tamale.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Of all the mealy-mouthed things to say!
sndrake
Member # 4941

Hey Bob! Good news! They definitely need some traffic safety expertise in Iowa.

quote:
Cornfields, it turns out, are dangerous places. In Iowa alone there are over sixty corn-related car accidents each year. It seems that when the corn gets as high as an elephant's eye - sorry, that's Oklahoma I'm thinking of - I mean, when it gets tall it blocks the driver's view, causing them to mistake the cornfield for the state fair so they start playing bumper cars. Of course it could be that they just turned a little too much of their crop into corn liquor.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well, that made me furrow my brow.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Good heavens! That sounds like a harrowing experience!!!
sndrake
Member # 4941

Well, it depends if there's a kernel of truth in it.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, y'all are getting into polenta of trouble in this thread...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, you two! I wish you both the best. This is gonna be one heck of a wedding! And I'll finally get to meet Bob.

Champagne-inna-box for everyone! *starts pouring*

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and:

This thread has gotten a little syrupy. But that's O-Karo with me.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

You realize this means there babies will be---Children of the Corn [Eek!]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Will Bob learn to drive a tractor through cornfields in fructose gear?
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov, y'all! May you have a long and happy life together!
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.