FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 3)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you promise your friend that you'd go to Mexico before or after you said you'd go to KamaCon? [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie: [Frown] That's tragic.

saxon and Juliette: woohoo!!!!!! [Party]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
yay! saxy's coming!
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::cough::

Anyone needing another room mate?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Me as well. Room in any of the girls rooms?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind sharing with Eddie, though we've apparently decided that if we start sharing beds, Nate's in mine.

I like to cuddle.

Grrowwl.

Oh yes, and my proposal to room with Eddie and Nate and god knows who else is contingent on the lack of offers to room with, say, Kasie. Or Kama. Or any number of people who happen to be significantly cuter than Eddie or Nate.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Word the wise, Eddie, according to people at Kamacon, I attacked the bed, and would stand up and sleep talk. But I'm sure you can handle yourself.

Side note, I'll probably sleep on the floor. I got no probs with that.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

...well, there may be no need for you to sleep on the floor -- what else do you do in your sleep?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I'm not exactly awake to know. I have been told that I snore very loud. You'll have to ask Noah, Dave, Hobbes, Fugu (I think fugu was in the room), and the lot about that, though. Also, I get disoriented when woken up and will probably shout things if woken up mid dream.

[Smile] But other than that, you'll just have to find out.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumped for KarlEd*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
No takers? [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(glomps mack) Do you need a roommate?

Also, I have yet to talk to ElJay again about this matter! ELJAY! EMAIL ME!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Yes. mack needs a roommate.
mackillian
Member # 586

hey, what days/times are people arriving/leaving?
mackillian
Member # 586

holy crap, there's no cubs tickets left. [Frown]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Frown]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
hey, what days/times are people arriving/leaving?
I'm coming with Frisco. Anything is possible.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I'd put that in the OoC thread, but it's almost too obvious.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Ryuko, I was just thinking we needed to talk. And I need to meet your Mom. E-mail is on the way.

Mack, if Ryuko and I are coming, we will be rooming with dkw, which leaves room for one more if you'd care to join us. Why don't you plan on that tenatively? If we don't make it, dkw will still be there and need a roomie.

I, like T_Smith, have been known to talk in my sleep. But I don't think it's too frequent...

[ May 09, 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Meh, I'm used to it. My roommate does it all the time... Last night she screamed, and then yelled NO! NO MORE FINALS!!!

HYUP. Nothing can be as bad as being woken up at 8 by a breathy scream...

Butyeah. MACK!!! (glomps) Come room with us!

(checks email)

[ May 09, 2004, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

mackillian
Member # 586

Deal. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm arriving at dawn on Friday. I have a feeling that I'll be making the trip to the hotel alone. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
?!?! How can there be no Cubs tickets left?!?! (Hopes there are still tickets available for maybe the Thursday game.) I've never been to a sold-out baseball game in my life -- I guess I didn't believe they really happened, aside from the World Series and the like.

Of course, every pro baseball game I've seen has been the San Diego Padres -- maybe that factors in....

Um, those who know and wish to save me a search, where does one (attempt to) find tickets? Thanks.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll talk to my local friends to find out if they know where to get cubs tickets It doesn't surpise me that the game sold out. Cubs fans are pretty rabid and it is a weekend game.

Interestingly the holiday inn hasn't charged my card for the $150 deposit yet. I just checked my bank account after a week of vacation and they had a week for it to clear. I'm wondering if they are just holding the number just in case or what. I'll call tomorrow and find out.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Pop--tickets can be found (legally) on ebay. I want to go to a game, dang it.

email me [Smile]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ, thanks. And we're thinking of going Thursday, so they theoretically shouldn't be sold out yet, right?

Mack, as I said on your website, I fear e-bay. Thank you, though. Maybe if we get desparate....

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Pop, either answer my IMs or email me.

OR FACE MY SQUIRRELY WRATH!

Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

- posted      Profile for Hot Nathan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, I must have missed a thread, since when does Jamie have squirly wrath?
Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Like I haven't become accustomed to Squirrely wrath by now.... *smile* And I was away from the computer when you messaged me -- just because it always says I am doesn't mean I never actually am. Or something. Yeah.

--Pop

CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
<----needs roomates
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I wonder if the hotel has TVs with hookups for video games.... Video games anyone? I have DDR!!
Lalo
Member # 3772

I hear there's medicine out nowadays to help you treat that.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Razz] (abuses Lalo)
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Better watch out Ryuko, he probably likes that!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie -- what! you're slacker boyfriend can't pay for your trip to Chicago? What kind of a deal is that?

[Big Grin]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Have people actually started making hotel reservations or just travel plans? Just curious. They will be deducting the deposit from my account in the next couple of days. I called and asked because I was curious.

AJ

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a roomate too... Or I can just sleep on the floor... [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Juliette and I have our plane tickets, but I haven't gotten around to booking the room yet.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

We have our plane tickets, too, but haven't decided yet whether we're staying in Chicago or Skokie on Wednesday and/or Thursday, so haven't made our reservations yet.

I also hate to disappoint (if I do), especially mack, but I think we're going to try for the Wednesday or Thursday Cubs game, and spend Friday and Saturday doing other things. It's kinda sad, too -- it never occurred to me that the game would cost more than four nights in a hotel. *sigh* I think the last pro baseball tickets I purchased cost about five bucks. It's been a while, I guess....

--Pop

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's reserving our room?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka. I think she's done it already, and has her ticket. I haven't looked it up yet. Maybe I should?

*mumbles* But I hate planning trips...

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bring the Absenth!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka will indeed be reserving our room, but that will be in about a week (check comes in, I pay off credit card, I book room).

I do already have tickets -- electronic ones, at least. They won't let me reserve seats until the 14th. Then I get to print out a boarding pass, I think.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::lifts eyebrow to Eddie::
Is it already reserved, dude?

mackillian
Member # 586

[Frown]
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Me or Lalo, Nate?

I don't do credit cards, so someone else'll have to make the reservation. But I'll definitely be there, as I'm chauffeuring the Guest of Honor.

We could probably fit you, Noah, me, and Eddie into a room. And BtL if he comes. I don't mind sleeping on the floor. I actually prefer it. I only sleep in my bed when my floor gets cluttered.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::shrug:: Ok, Lalo? Have you yet?

I also don't mind sleeping on the floor, so long as I got a pillow, I'm good.

Lalo
Member # 3772

I'm not the one to be making reservations, as not only am I unsure of the time of my arrival in Chicago, I'm unsure of the certainty of the damn thing. Chicago's a long way to go by bicycle, and given that I've really done nothing to train for it, it'll be a long slow struggle once I do start.

I pass on the responsibility to you. Steal one of the credit-card numbers of an AOL customer and reserve away, young padawan.

Oh, and for my part, I'm not going to play selfless. One of the beds is mine. I'm willing to share if it comes to it, but if I'm biking all that way, a mattress is gonna feel damn nice.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Eds, it's actually pretty rude to let someone make a room reservation on your behalf -- particularly if you're calling dibs on a bed -- without also committing to it.

You're essentially saying that their money is unimportant to you.

If you're going to be at KamaCon, say so. If you aren't, say so. But if you think you will be, even if there's a possibility that you won't, you owe it to the people who think you might share their room to send them your share of the cost in advance.

Lalo
Member # 3772

Hey, dude, I have no problem shouldering the burden -- I assumed that's a bit of a given, seeing how I've called the bed and all.

Unfortunately, as I have neither credit card nor knowledge of my arrival, I'm really going to have to put this on the shoulders of someone a bit more knowledgeable about their arrival time.

Would you like me to pull down my pants? I hear that's tradition with spankings.

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.