FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 11)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
>_<

well... i feel stupid. um... okay. so there's already a room. *nervous laughter*

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"My neighbor is the Vice President of Amtrak, and has always offered my dad free tix, so my dad and I saw him the other day and he's getting me free train tix to and from NYC, to meet up with Frisco and the gang, as well as get back to dc from NYC."

This is yet another reason why Washington is broken, you realize.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean because the people there are spelling "tickets" as "tix"? [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I called Wendy to find out how many rooms we currently have reserved since today is the deadline. Got her answering machine, so I don't know yet.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
RRR, I hope you e-mailed Theca to cancel the reservation she made for you.

We wouldn't want someone to be paying for an unneeded room.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I am going to try to come (ya, I know, putting it off till the very very very last minute and all). And I'll go ahead and reserve a room. Unless there's just loads of space in some other rooms. Assuming I do this, I'll have some extra space if others decide to come. Oh, and I'll have a car of my own so I'll be around to shuttle after a certain time (exactly what I don't know yet).
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Having another person for airport shuttling would be a huge help.

I'm thinking of calling in sick, and taking my two "points" that they chalk up every time you do, and that way getting two days of leave, Thursday and Friday instead of only one if I take a vacation day. I might even be able to get away with taking monday off too though I'll have to read the fine print again.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
A.J.
Since I will be driving... once I get up there I would gladly help you get people to/from the airport if you give me directions....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
HC, you mean you aren't just going to drive up and wait for us to offer to let you crash? [Smile]
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Room's reserved. Whether my roomate and i will be coming is the question now, since my boss just fired a bunch of people. If i don't come, i don't know if ken will or not. I'm going to try to everything i can to come, but we'll see.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay - in the interest of trying to be helpful, and to continue with what started on page 6 of this thread, I read back through every single post and attempted to put together a room list.

This was difficult because some of you refer to each other/yourselves by real names, then screen names/ then sometimes alias', so I got really confused.

Feel free to CORRECT this list. I'm just trying to be helpful!

Rooming:

KAMA/Katharina/Rivka
DKW/ElJay/Ryuko/Mack
BannaOJ/blacwolve/celia/theca(?)
Moose family
Davidson family
Bob Scopatz (solo)
Vana & Lime
Psychotriad (Ken?) & kwsni/Fugu13/Becki/Cyberdan/Hobbes
Saxon75 & Juliette
sndrake & diane
T_Smith/Lalo/Frisco/BobtheLawyer/CalvinMaker/
Fugu13/PrimalCurve (or are they with the above group?)
xnera
Happy Camper / Hobbes
RRR/Marek/Annie/JonnyNotSoBravo
Farmgirl/Ivygirl/fiazko/Kasie?
Insanity Plea (Bernard) & Mayday

Ones I don't know where to put:
The Tick
cyruseh?
Noemon?

Now, what did I miss/leave out/ get wrong?

Farmgirl

[ July 16, 2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm posting here what I posted on the first post of this thread too:

Call Wendy even if you are late!
She said to continue to call her, and she will check her availability, and if it is still low she will give you the $89 rate that is the same as the group rate. We now have 15 rooms reserved so we are doing ok.

AJ

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Having another person for airport shuttling would be a huge help.

My offer is still good too. I haven't forgotten - I'll have off Friday and I think Diane will too, which will allow for maximum flexibility and enjoyability.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Yes I know sndrake. I hadn't forgotten and was actually counting on it, but depending on who flies in where, we will probably have to make multiple shuttle runs so the more people available the better.
[Wink] I can't wait to meet you and Diane!

AJ

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Okay, it's official, I'll be there, or at least my room is reserved. If anyone is left who still needs a place to bunk down, I've got plenty of space (costs to be shared or not, makes no difference to me).
Hobbes
Member # 433

Hmm... perhaps I'll fall in with Happy Camper. I really appreciate Becky and Ken's offer, but... it seems more, I don't know, appropriate. If that's all right with the three of you of course.

Ohh, and if it is, defaintly sharing costs. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
RRR, I hope you e-mailed Theca to cancel the reservation she made for you.

I did, and she read it before she made the reservation. So everything's fine. [Smile]

Farmgirl, I believe Annie, Marek, Jonny, and I are rooming together.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Jonny? as in JNSB? (just want to make sure before I fix it)

Farmgirl

[ July 16, 2004, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

kwsni
Member # 1831

I thought fugu was going to room with us. Also my roomate Becki is coming, cause she wants to meet you crazy people.

I've also offered a spot on the floor/couch/chair/bathtub to Cyberdan and Hobbes.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't pick the bathtub. [Smile] Trust me, the bathtub is the most uncomfortable choice of the three.

[ July 15, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
uh, 4?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even consider chair an option. But thank you for pointing that out.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
i thought maybe your logic was that whoever got first choice would obviously take the best option, leaving 3 for the other.

[Smile]

ok, no, i'm just a smart alec.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

quote:
Jonny? as in JSNB?
Yep. [Smile]
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I'm Jonny SO Not Bravo by that abbreviation.

To clear up your confusion, Farmgirl, Telperion probably isn't coming, according to AJ.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Do we really have almost 50 people coming? That is neat. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, I made some changes to the above list, but kwsni now has me totally confused [Confused] [Big Grin]

Hobbes - are you rooming with kwsni or with Happy Camper (Mike) (as stated earlier in this thread)?

And kwsni, isn't Cyberdan the name you use for BobtheLawyer?

And who the heck is The Tick?
(I guess none of it really matters, as we can figure it out when we get there -- I was only trying to be helpful by giving an overall picture)

Farmgirl

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, CyberDan is Bob the Lawyer.

The Tick is the defender of the City.

blacwolve, check your email. [Smile]

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

To create confusion, Teleperion has basically stopped posting to Hatrack that I have seen. On the other hand work has been going crazy so maybe he's posting and I haven't noticed. I haven't heard from him, so I don't think he's coming but I really don't know. On this thread he said he was.

AJ

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Telperion lived in Chicago. Is that wrong?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I think it's pretty much okay for Americans to live in any city they want in the US. [Smile]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he lived in Detroit.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Telperion's last post was number 999. I have a feeling he is still among us, though possibly in a disguise. I hope it's not Justa Notha Name [Cry] I guess that is a lesson to me to treat everyone as if they could be Telperion in Disguise.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

very observant, pooka!

I never even think to check my own post count. So many other things to think about.....

I'll bet he's still around.

FG

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's Detroit. I knew it was one o' them Northern cities. At least I got the approximate area right. I'm surprised I even picked the right parsec.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't wait to meet you and Diane!

The feeling is mutual AJ. Speaking for me - I'm not sure if Diane is even thinking about it right now. She gets bits and pieces of stories about Hatrack and the people - so some of it's coming together for her.

She anticipates having a good time, though. [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

*Bump*
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*bump* Hey Teleperion help us out. I'm "officially confused" as to your status.

AJ

Totally Anonymous
Member # 2346

- posted      Profile for Totally Anonymous   Email Totally Anonymous         Edit/Delete Post 
He's gay.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Teleperion's status is "coming to KamaCon, arriving on Friday"

yay!

AJ

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup yup! [Big Grin]
[Party]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
So here's some fun irony -

I've been trying to get the cheapest possible airfare, so instead of paying weekend rates, I opted to come in on Wednesday and leave on Tuesday. Having no desire to pay for extra hotel days, I planned to fly into Green Bay and stay with my grandma there.

I finally got priceline to accept my bid of $250. I got the tickets, which include two stops. I fly Missoula to Denver and then Denver to..... Chicago. And then to Green Bay, only to buy a bus ticket and come back to Chicago two days later.

[Roll Eyes]

Oh, well. It was cheap.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie will be there! Telp will be there!
[Big Grin]

*bounces*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I've got airline tickets, so you can count me in. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes will be there! [Big Grin]

Oh, wait, that should be a [Smile] , neh?

Ok.

Hobbes will be there! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

Yay hobbes!

Ni!

Hobbes
Member # 433

[Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I should buy one of those t-shirts with the white tree of Gondor on it so people recognize me. [Wink]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

From estimating from farmgirls lists and ignoring redunancies I think we are at around 46 people.

AJ

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.