FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who was the biggest KamaCon revelation for you? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who was the biggest KamaCon revelation for you?
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I shall be wearing your pants to work tomorrow. Casual Friday. I look forward to it immensely.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*snicker*

Yeah, ElJay definitely got all the extrovert genes in the family.

Okay, that was in response to Annie's post on the previous page, but it's kind of funny where it's at, too.

[ August 19, 2004, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey! No laughing! ::pout::
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and I'm so glad they fit you! I was hoping someone could get into my pants before the weekend was over.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you SO planned for that to come out that way.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Who me? *innocent*
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well if *that's* what you're after, Annie, you should have gotten to Hobbes before he converted.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
i know the thread's moved on, but i wasn't here to contribute, so naaah.

biggest: just how hot frisco actually is. i knew he was attractive, but goddamm, i wanted him to start taking off clothing every time he was in the room.

next biggest: nathan has contacts. how did i not know that?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerin
Member # 3902

- posted      Profile for Aerin           Edit/Delete Post 
That and the obvious intelligence and sweetness is why.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Personality-wise, celia, you were pretty much what I expected, but your height (I was expecting you to be shorter [actually, I think I already told you that]) and voice kind of threw me for the first few minutes.

Actually, a lot of people were different heights than I expected. I had no idea, for example, that Hobbes is so tall.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i've been told i sound like a cheer leader, and when i'm tired, like the voyager chick.

i don't think anyone really surprised me personality wise. i did a good job of getting people from pictures, and of walking past you a few times without even looking at you because i knew that attractive woman next to you wasn't with us. [Smile]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I love that all the frisco-drooling is happening when he's in New York, and probably missing it all. After all, if he read it, he probably wouldn't fit into his new hat anymore.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, even Juliette commented on how attractive Frisco was. I thought he was good-looking enough, I suppose, but I have to say I'm a little surprised at just how much drooling is going on. Heck, even Moose told him how sexy he was. [Dont Know]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to meet Frisco in person a month back. Yeah, he's a stud-muffin.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

For the record, I wasn't disagreeing. Just expressing amusement.
Annie
Member # 295

So, everyone thinks Frisco is hot, and Frisco thinks he looks like Jesus...
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you want to bet Jesus doesn't think He looks like Frisco?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

So Frisco thinks Jesus is hot?

Edit: pooey, that was supposed to be under Annie's.

[ August 19, 2004, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still mad I didn't get to see Happy Camper in the hot tub or Frisco for that matter.

I didn't get to ogle enough!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't try hard enough. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't do much ogleing, and while i did not notice frisco being particularly hot, I noticed that he didn't seem out of place pushing a pretty girl in a shopping cart, or petting a scared baby rabbit, so clearly a complex individual.

He never hit me in the head with the frisby, and had a sword in his trunk, which is pretty cool.

Anyway shocking things, I was shocked at how many people stayed up late each night playing games, why i am alone in so many late night chats? [Dont Know]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I stayed up late because it was a special occasion. Normally I have to work...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm usually working at night, hence, no chats. But I'm all for email conversations. That reminds me, I need to buy stamps. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and also, I think Tom said it perfectly when he said "Rivka is nothing that I expected, but everything I should have expected."

I get that a lot. I'm always afraid to ask what people expected! >_< Do I really come across that differently in person?

quote:
This is a good thing, by the way, and the Scrabbling with Rivka and Christy was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. [Smile]
Mine too. [Smile]

quote:
Yeah, ElJay definitely got all the extrovert genes in the family.
While you got the not-laughing-under-extreme-provocation genes?

quote:
yeah, i've been told i sound like a cheer leader, and when i'm tired, like the voyager chick.
*blink* I hadn't noticed, but 'tis true!

quote:
So, everyone thinks Frisco is hot, and Frisco thinks he looks like Jesus...
Would it disturb y'all if I agreed with both sentiments?

quote:
But I'm all for email conversations. That reminds me, I need to buy stamps.
You need a better ISP!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey, speaking of pushing a shopping cart, who took pictures of that? I want to see them! I know it was a film camera, but still... develop! Scan! Please?
Annie
Member # 295

Annie's KamaCon photos now available here.
Marek
Member # 5404

I have to finish that role first.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay.

Why are you still sitting in front of your computer? Go take pictures! [Wink]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Finally a good picture of me!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

quote:
While you got the not-laughing-under-extreme-provocation genes?

Though not quite as many as dwk, i'd say Eljay is not exactly lacking those genes either. She kept a straight face longer than i would have been able to anyway i'm sure.

And also, pictures of what? [Dont Know] (13 shots left on the role)

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Use your imagination. Shock the Rite Aid development guy.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
*head asplodes*

I feel like a very holy piece of meat. [Wink]

As for revelations...everyone was cool as all hell, just as I expected. We should do this every year, at least. I promise not to bring the Nerf gun next time, and instead bring mild tranquilizers for Ken.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Eddie, you could just buy him roses and take him out to dinner instead...
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Goodie. If you don't bring the nerf gun, you won't be able to shoot back.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone found a surprise picture of the birthday cake on their camera???

If so, could you post it or send it to me???

Thanks!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

If nobody finds it, does that mean I didn't get older?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Age is relative. As long as your relatives get old, you don't have to.

Actually, the cake picture works like the picture of Dorian Gray. The cake will age so you don't have to. Soon the frosting will be all a mushy brown color and there will be green mold over everything...

You'll just barely be able to make out a few screen names...

[Eek!]
[Angst]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Well, since in April the average age of my relatives will get a substantial bump, I'll probably actually get younger!

[Big Grin]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I promise not to bring the Nerf gun next time
Oh, please bring it frisco! That way we know we can all bring ours and have a full-out war. That will be fun!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Great photos Annie! Can you put them on Foobonic as well, so we can do the slideshow thing?

Didn't realize until I saw the first photo that Christy and Telperion have the same hair style <grin>.

You have a great shot of Christy and Sophia.

Something else that surprised me at KamaCon -- that Fugu was so tall. I expected him to be short, for some reason.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this was supposed to be KamaCon. How come it is all about Frisco?

[Mad]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Because the Hatrack men are sensitive enough and have been thwapped enough for being shallow that they are wary of the objectifying drooling the women have no problem with doing.

One of my moments of KamaCon was the sight of Happy Camper blushing while four women surround him and tell him how hot he is.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Let it be known that I, for one, have absolutely no problem with objectifying women. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, your name is in the title. No need for you to worry about someone stealing your thunder. [Smile]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You know, Happy Camper really isn't getting his fair share of the objectifying here.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Bob -- I think we took a photo of the cake. But haven't finished that roll of film yet or taken it in for developing....

Farmgirl

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
*objectifies*

I have to get in on this one.

I mean, I have years of being objectified and I get to make up for it right here!

*objectifies all men*

[ August 20, 2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Maybe it's just easier to objectify Jesus, we've already had it implanted subliminally because of the vast Catholic Conspiracy to take over the world.
[Wink]
AJ

(Tounge firmly planted in cheek, so no Catholics get mad at me.)

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Oh yeah and mack took a Frisco-Happy Camper picture so we could see the luciousness all in one picture, but she said it didn't turn out well.

AJ

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.