FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobNDanaCon Schedule (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BobNDanaCon Schedule
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to bump this back to the front page..
...because....

....because....

IT'S THIS WEEK!!! [Big Grin]

Hey dkw -- can you do anything to lower the price of a gallon of gas before Friday?

[Wink]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to back out of attending the wedding - Kent's car needs a new clutch and I don't dare drive my car for more than to work and back, basically. [Cry]

I've already e-mailed Dana. This is so pitiful - I've got to be one of the closest Hatrackers but can't get there. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are you, exactly? Any chance someone can give you a ride?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously... we've got people driving in from every direction. If not a Hatracker, then one of our relatives.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Weather forecast for Ames, Iowa, for the weekend:

Friday, April 1 - Mostly sunny, high 50, low 30
Sat. April 2 - Mostly sunny, high 59, low 40
Sun. April 3 - Partly cloudy, high 59, low 40

it doesn't give the wind.

However, our state is forecasting a breezy day for Friday, which I'm hoping will be a south wind pushing me northward, to save on gas mileage.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The tuxes are in! The reception band just sent me their program for the evening! Mom's printing the programs and she's coming today! Ic and Cor get in tomorrow!

I think we're gonna do this!

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

((dkw))

well! I should certainly hope so!

[Big Grin]

and it looks like you will have beautiful weather to boot. God is smiling on you.

Farmgirl

dkw
Member # 3264

And God wants us to go on a honeymoon.

Two weeks ago, when I was just getting ready to call around to find someone to cover the nursing home service for me on April 3rd the Evangelical church pastor called and asked if I'd trade Sundays with him because he had visitors coming into town unexpectedly. The next day I planned to spend hours calling around to find a guest preacher for April 10th and the local Gideons called that morning (before I was even out of bed!) to ask if there was a Sunday this spring when they could come and give a presentation.

It was a good week.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

The world conspires with you.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(and thanks for the forecast, Farmgirl)
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yes, thanks FG!

*laugh* Ok, I want to know how many people's reaction to those temps was, "Nice weather!" and how many thought, "Oh, chilly!"?

I'll let you guess which reaction I had.

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* I thought, "Great weather!" I'm glad everything is working out. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

"Hey, great, I'll just toss a light shawl over my sleeveless dress!"

[Wink]

[Farmgirl, Farmgirl, I get to meet you! katharina, I get to meet you! Finally! rivka, oh my, in just days! [Big Grin] ]

[ March 29, 2005, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

dkw
Member # 3264

My weather reaction: "No snow! WooHoo!"
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My reaction was "Oh, fantastic weather for taking pictures."
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

We have our car for transport to the reception!

It's OTB.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Is this the one we get to decorate?

:: evil laugh gleefully ::

Farmgirl

dkw
Member # 3264

The owner of the car will be there, and I'm quite sure that anyone who touches it will be in deep doggie doo.

He's not charging us to use it, because he likes to show it off.

[ March 29, 2005, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Nonono, you decorate the one they leave the reception in...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

car
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
At least it's not a Weinermobile. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

No doubt. Bob wanted a classic car. This is not quite what I was picturing, but what the heck.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

to rivka and ElJay:

I live in Otho, just south of Fort Dodge (Iowa). See? I'm sooo close, but I can't trust my car. Bald tires are just a start. I work in Fort Dodge, but I figure that if there's a car problem, I can get to my destination somehow.

I am scheduled to work Saturday. I may be able to get the night off, but I would have to be home Saturday night. That's why I didn't want to ask for a ride and make someone make a special trip to return me home.

I will be thinking of you all, though. Have fun.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've run into a couple of snags--not sure what I'm going to do now, but my percentage chance of actually making it to a Hatrack event (and this is the Hatrack event to end all Hatrack events) has gone down somewhat. [Mad]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

aw come'on Noemon!

What could possibly come up that would be more important that this????

rivka
Member # 4859

CT, I know! *bounces* I'm warning you, I will be taking pictures -- but they'll all be mental ones. I think you're doing it deliberately (coming only on the day I can't take pictures). Although I don't know that I currently have a camera anyway . . .

Noem, I really hope you can make it. But we do understand that sometimes RL is unavoidable.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara, if I put my camera away, can I meet you?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

*tries to picture mack without her camera.....*
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Jamie, yes! Of course! As soon as I see you, I'll run right over and carefully pat the table next to you. [Smile]
mackillian
Member # 586

*snort*

I hereby give you permission to give me a hug if you wish.

I'm actually getting much, much better at giving and accepting hugs.

rivka
Member # 4859

Toldja married life was good for you. [Big Grin]
mackillian
Member # 586

My shrink has said the same thing. [Smile]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Smile]

Nothing like some tincture of time with someone who knows how to love you.

ElJay
Member # 6358

CaySedai, what time on Saturday night do you have to be back?

Mapquest tells me Otho is 1 hour 9 minutes from Ames. Roads trips don't both me any. If we wouldn't have to leave until after the reception is over and someone is willing to go with me to provide company for the way back, I can totally see taking you home Saturday night.

If you want to, of course, and can get Saturday off work. Think about it. No rush. When would we be able to pick you up?

CaySedai
Member # 6459

ElJay:

it just may be possible! I'm talking to someone who is on maternity leave and she may be willing to work for me if her husband isn't working that evening. She's going to get back to me.

Edited to add: I have to ask the person who is in charge Saturday if it's okay to substitute like this. She will probably say yes. I am even paying my niece to babysit for the person taking my hours on Saturday. I'll know tomorrow if it's a go.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your offer. If I get permission, I'll get back to you on when and where. I think if I'm back by midnight that would be soon enough. We have General Conference on Sunday, which means church starts at 11 a.m.

[ March 29, 2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
::boarding plane now::

[Big Grin]

*bounce*

-o-

Let me take this moment to tell the mod(s) that they totally rock for (apparently) fixing whatever was preventing me from logging in on my phone!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

So we're gonna spend an hour or so in Chicago in three hours or so . . . is there anything we should see?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Exciting!!!!!! I get to meet Ic and Cor tomorrow! Yay!
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
so, how about someone gets me a last-minute plane ticket?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

So we're gonna spend an hour or so in Chicago in three hours or so . . . is there anything we should see?

I hate to say this, Icky, but both major airports in Chicago are positioned about forty-five minutes from Chicago. If you're flying into O'Hare, you'll have just enough time to do, well, nothing. (In fact, given the design of O'Hare, you might have just enough time to get to your connecting terminal; some of them are located in what often feels like downtown Skokie.)

If you had three hours in Chicago, I could give you a great list of things to buzz by. But an hour is probably just enough time to get downtown from O'Hare. [Frown]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom beat me to it.

I was going to suggest a trip to the bathroom and maybe checking out the magazines in the convenience store as you run by in a panic.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Eljay --

Since you are in the wedding party (I assume?) and will be quite busy over the weekend, if you need me to run pick up CaySedai on Saturday morning so you can attend to details in Ames, let me know. I'm willing to help you out in that way.

However - perhaps someone else can take her home -- I don't like driving real late at night (like after the reception) I tend to fall asleep too easily..

[Big Grin]
FG

Icarus
Member # 3162

::adjusts TomD & BobS's facetioumeters::
ElJay
Member # 6358

FG -- Thanks. I was hoping someone else would be able to pick her up, and then I will take her home, with anyone who would be willing to ride along.

We're also going to have to figure out which of the drivers are leaving when Sunday. I figure you'll be going pretty early, since you've got quite a drive ahead of you. The "returns" to the Des Moines airport have flights leaving at roughly 2:30, 4:30, and 6:30, and I apparently have to be back up here for a family dinner Sunday night, so I won't be able to make any except maybe the first run.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Yes, I will be leaving pretty early on Sunday (might just have to skip going to any church service) so that I arrive back here around 5 PM for a evening meeting I have.

So unless they want to wait at the airport for awhile....

Farmgirl

CaySedai
Member # 6459

I should know by 3 p.m. Central time if I can get out of work.

If so, I will make myself available at any time Saturday for whoever is able to pick me up. I'll post later when I find out.

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you can come, CS. I'd love to meet you.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

CaySedai

I sent an e-mail to your gmail account with my contact info.

Farmgirl

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.