FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobNDanaCon Schedule (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BobNDanaCon Schedule
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
As per request.

Friday is up to you all. Some Hatrackers are involved in the rehearsal Friday evening and anyone who is around on Friday afternoon and wants to help decorate is welcome, but otherwise you’re on your own.

Saturday:

Anyone in the wedding party should be at church and ready for pictures by 1pm. (There are rooms to change in there, or you can get ready at the hotel.)

The wedding ceremony is at 4pm. It’s approximately a five minute walk from the hotel.

The reception from 5:30-10, exactly three miles from the church. If the receiving line after the ceremony goes too long, it might start late. Assuming it starts on time, dinner will be served at 6 and dancing will start at 7.

Everyone is invited to everything on Saturday.

We’d like to get a group photo of all the Hatrackers at some point in the reception. Maybe arrange to all meet on the dance floor when the band takes their first break?

As far as Friday night, Saturday morning, and Sunday entertainment go – you’ve got a bookstore, art galleries, a food court, an arcade, bowling, and pool right in the building. (On Friday night there is glow-in-the-dark bowling!)

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"(On Friday night there is glow-in-the-dark bowling!)"

Oh, my. Insomniac Hatrackers aglow.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the best bowling score of my life at glow-in-the-dark bowling (115 *busting with pride* [Razz] ).
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dana.

Is there anywhere close for a Sunday morning church service?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Well, there's that church that's a five minute walk from the hotel . . .

(And about twenty other churches within a half mile. Pick your denomination. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

The dance is like.... dressy dance, right? Like the dressy stuff we wear to the wedding is still what people will wear to the dance?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Ames LDS church There's a family ward at 9:00 am and a student ward at 11:45 am. Now that's nice - when you don't really have to share a building, you can pick your times.

If Dana was preaching, though, I would totally go to that. [Smile] Any chance? No?

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Yep. ElJay has said that she'll be changing out of her Maid of Honor attire into a different dress at some point in the evening, but other than that I don't know of anyone changing clothes.
dkw
Member # 3264

No. Dana is not preaching that Sunday. [Big Grin]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that was "may" be changing, not "will" be changing. It's long and straight, and I like to dance, so it depends on how hard it is to dance in. And if anyone there will dance with me, of course. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

It's not straight! Straight was an option, but we went with A-line.

Eeep, did anyone tell Nancy which of the patterns in that packet to use!?!?!?!

*runs to call Mom*

ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh dear. I didn't mean to cause a panic... I knew it was A line, (and I hope Nancy knows, too) but A line and floor length is still a lot narrower than a full skirt, and, in my opinion, harder to swing dance in.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

So, well you're in here, did you get my e-mail from last night?
dkw
Member # 3264

Yes, thank you.

Edit: and you didn't cause the panic, I just realized that I never told Mom which one it was, so I don't know what she told Nancy.

[ March 23, 2005, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

<- Ivygirl, not Farmgirl

*sits content drinking coffee and watching thread*

Does that mean we have to dance at the reception?

Ivygirl <- Can't dance at all

ElJay
Member # 6358

You don't have to dance. But it's fun, and if you want to learn how, I'll teach you. I've led before... as long as I can remember to start off on the wrong foot, I think I can lead pretty well.
dkw
Member # 3264

Yes. Everyone must dance. If you do not dance you will be ground up for sausage.

(No, of course you don’t have to dance!)

ElJay
Member # 6358

Um, please ignore the bride, as the stress is apparently starting to get to her. *patpat*

[Big Grin]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Mmmmm..sausage. [Big Grin] Well, I was going to get a new look for prom anyway. Maybe ground sausage will work. [Razz]

Ivygirl

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Oh, and ElJay, I might have to take you up on those lessons, if you don't mind. The best I can do is the high school slow dancing where you just sway back and forth. [Roll Eyes] Knowing actually how to dance might be good when going to future dances. Maybe. [Wink]

Ivygirl

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Ivygirl -- what are you doing on my PC at home! Get on your own PC so you can post as yourself!
[Taunt]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I would, but it doesn't have MSN IM and that would require too much effort for Spring Break. [Razz] Plus it's slow.

*is enjoying making it look like Farmgirl is arguing with herself*

Ivygirl

[ March 23, 2005, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

dkw
Member # 3264

Brochure cover for the ElJay School of Swing Dance

At one time I was contemplating hiring a teacher to come to the reception and do some quick lessons for anyone who wanted them. Would that be cool or hokey? Dad thought it would be tacky, because it implies that we don't think our guests know how to dance.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, I've taken swing dance lessons before.

I could teach Ivygirl, but I doubt she wants to learn from me.

However, I haven't done it in years, so I hope I remember how!

Farmgirl

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

No, I don't want to learn from you if you don't remember how! [Taunt] I'd like to learn the correct way to dance.

Ivygirl

ElJay
Member # 6358

[Laugh] Farmgirl and Ivygirl

Ivy, you're on. I can at least give you some pointers on how to follow, and if you're dancing with someone with a good lead that's all you need to know.

And that picture is somewhat misleading, as the actual instructor was behind the camera. [Razz]

(Added: I was just the only one without a date. *sniff*)

[ March 23, 2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
FG - There, happy now? [Razz]

ElJay - Awesome! Thanks. As long as I don't trip, I should be fine then. [Big Grin] And I find it hard to believe you couldn't find a date. [Smile]

Ivygirl

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw, we did that at our wedding, and it was *way* fun. The DJ taught some basic swing moves then let us go at it. Played great music for it too.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

While ElJay's date finding powers are indeed remarkable, the lesson was at 9am on a Monday. And she had very short notice.
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean there were no guys free at 9am on a Monday at short notice? What's wrong with them?! [Evil Laugh]

Ivygirl

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Um, well, I didn't ask anyone, either. *grin*
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I should probably TALK to you and Bob on the phone sometime soon, Dana.

*goes to email*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

The photographer has informed me that the lighting at the reception will probably be inadequate for a large group picture. Therefore, if it is not raining (or snowing) everyone from Hatrack will please remain at the church until after the receiving line is over, at which time we will take a group picture on the front steps.

If it is raining, one of the bridesmen will be put in charge of lighting for photographs at the reception. He can bring his new theatre lights that filled up the back of Bob's car on the way home from our last trip to Minnesota thus requiring that all the shower gifts be left at Mom and Dad's for three weeks.

ElJay
Member # 6358

*giggle*
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
SWEET! Theatre lighting!

And jatraqueros, miss the pic after the ceremony and you will face my wrath. [Mad]

Except for Sara, who is exempted because of her personal views on having her picture taken.

Sara has my word that I will not attempt to take her picture at all.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

How come I had to have my picture taken? I need some anti-pictorial rhetoric, Sara, will you share?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I didn't realize you felt the same way, Liz, or I wouldn't have. [Frown]
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a list of all the hatrackers who will be attending? I would love to know who I am going to meet / see again. If there is not a list, can someone make one?
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Nah, Kwea made me. It's just that I hate looking at them, I have no other reason. I know you wouldn't have if I had made a true stink of it.
mackillian
Member # 586

Okay, Liz, just making sure.

A list of folks attending would be pretty cool.

Am I bringing swords?

dkw
Member # 3264

To the best of my knowledge:

BannaOJ
Bob & dkw
CaySedai
CT (ceremony only)
ElJay
Farmgirl & Ivygirl
Frisco
Fugu
Icarus & Cor
Kat
KrabbyPatty & Posable Nurse
mac & T-Smith
The Moose & Squirrel family
Plaid
Punwit
rivka
Ryuko
Shigosei
Stray
Tom, Christy, & Sophie
Val & Xavier
Vána & Lime

Noemon is rumored but unconfirmed.

If I’ve missed anyone, let me know. And anyone else who wants to come is still welcome, but please let me know this week so I can add you to the count for dinner.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Noemon is always a rumor..

...I'm beginning to wonder if he truly exists..

[Wink]

Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! thanks Dana.

Wow, all those cool hatrackers in one place...

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
have fun.

well, I know you would, at own wedding, but still.

[Smile]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bob & dkw
NO WAY.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume that I'm not being counted for dinner, correct?

Also, mack, I forgot to make that call. [Embarrassed] Are you handling this, or I am still supposed to be doing so?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Not for dinner, but yes for coffe/tea/milk/soda for the rest of the evening and for the fruit display that will be out during the dance.
mackillian
Member # 586

I'm not sure. And I JUST talk to them a little while ago. I totally suck.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana, perfect. [Kiss]

mack, we can talk about it tonight. And I'm the one who agreed to do it and then forgot! [Embarrassed]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't sound like anyone else is coming in as early as we are. :-\ And we were hoping for some pre-wedding hijinks, bachelor(ette) style. [Wink]

(We're on vacation the week before the wedding, not the week after.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.