FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The "Well Done!" thread (a game) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The "Well Done!" thread (a game)
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
I like the way you incoperated his name. I also like how you noticed his post number.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
You have an eye for symbolism that few can match. Kudos to you, Uprooted.

Jeesh, I am impressed by your screen name, which is reminiscent of a great work of modern literature.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Flaming Toad on a Stick, I'm awed by your ability to use the word "kudos" and in your next compliment mention the book in which I first read the word "kudos". Your cognition is incredible!
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Props to you, Gaal, for remembering where you first gazed upon "kudos". Unless you keep a word diary, in which case you should find a less dull hobby. Uhh, but well done in that case as well.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

To you Morbo, I tip my hat. You have used an objest as a compliment and have defined word diaries as 'dull'. A round of applause for Morbo.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeesh- I enjoy the fact that you're wearing a hat! Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Hamson, I enjoy the font in which your message appeared, as well as the fine use of punctuation.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Sterling, much appreciation for your fine representation of silver products the world over. Bravo!
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
MightyCow, I like the way you found something to compliment Sterling for besides post content. I also like your screen name.
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Gwen, I find it admirable that you are posting in such a positive thread so soon after joining our community! Welcome!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, what a complimentary welcome to a newbie. You're always thinking of other people. [Smile]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
JennaDean I like your use of the word "newbie" rather than the more tactless "n00b"
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I like how you know another spelling of noob.
Gwen
Member # 9551

I like how J335h likes "t3h m4d ski11z 0f 1337n355!!!!1111!" Hehe.
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Such wonderful 1337-speak skills you have, without being totally unreadable.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

Swampjedi, I like the fact that you make eco-friendly science fiction allusions with your username.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

Shawshank, I am pleasantly surprised at your use of the full phrase "science fiction" rather than the quicker "SF," or the divisive "sci fi." I admit that I usually use SF, despite the fact that it takes very little extra energy to type the "cience" and the "iction."
I love this game! I love this forum! I love all the books by Orson Scott Card that I have read so far! I love the chance to engage in self-mocking exuberance and know that no one will make fun of me, except by sarcastically complimenting me on it, in which case I can just deliberately miss the sarcasm! I love over-using parallel sentence structures and exclamation points!
Whew.
That was exhausting.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Those are some awesome exclamation points Gwen. I particularly enjoy the second from the last one.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

MightyCow you are so great at verbalizing which sentences are your favorite.
Jeesh
Member # 9163

You just used a word I had completly forgotten! Snaps for you!
Morbo
Member # 5309

Jeesh, good for you for not succumbing to nerdly peer pressure by keeping a word diary.

Welcome, Gwen! [Wave]
Nobody disillusion her by bringing up the "insult game" thread. [Monkeys]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo, your courtesy towards new members is an example to us all.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

Sterling, you are so complimentary.
Morbo, the fact that the insult game is no longer going, while the "well done" thread is, tells me how wonderful Hatrackers are. (Or at least how much they enjoy peppering pages of sincere and saccharine compliments with the occasional sarcastic one.)

Morbo
Member # 5309

Your perspicacious use of optimism and logic to contrast my snarkiness is refreshing, Gwen. Bravissimo! [Hat]
Jeesh
Member # 9163

You know a lot of big words! *claps*
Morbo
Member # 5309

A spirited, journeyman's try at thread-killing, Jeesh.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Your revelation that threads are actually alive and can be "killed" was illuminating Morbo!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
And your revelation that Morbo's revelation that threads are actually alive and can be "killed" was illuminating was illuminating, BlackBlade!
Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Simply stunning how you used the same word as BB!
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice use of alliteration Jeesh. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.